This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
    Grew up there, went to St. Boniface school/church in Sea Cliff, and North Shore HS in Glen Head. I lived a block away from the High school.
    I love that area. Only the traffic sucks, and the taxes
    Well, I live there now and can attest that it is still a beautiful area and the traffic and taxes still suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      I'm a white dude in his early 30s from NY.

Also, I'm incredibly good-looking. Tell a friend.
      unfortunately for you....some of us have seen you.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        and loved every second of it
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
          Unfortunately I have never attended a Giants game home or away! That was one of my dreams. Definitely top 3 on my bucket list..
          We'll have to work on that.

Comment

We'll have to work on that.
            This year was the first year I didn't go to a game since.....07?

It's become exhausting for me, and I don't do well in crowds. Example being the year I was removed from the stadium during an Eagles game.......
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

This year was the first year I didn't go to a game since.....07?

It's become exhausting for me, and I don't do well in crowds. Example being the year I was removed from the stadium during an Eagles game.......
              This was the first time I didn't go to a game since '09. I hate friggin crowds. And they are worse in the new stadium.
              I may go to another game at some point but I can't guarantee that.

Comment

For what? Being white? =]

Trust me, I'm not THAT white
                You're whiter than Johnny Winter.

Comment

For what? Being white? =]

Trust me, I'm not THAT white
                  Nah, for being lame
                  Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Lolol
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

This was the first time I didn't go to a game since '09. I hate friggin crowds. And they are worse in the new stadium.
                      I may go to another game at some point but I can't guarantee that.
                      Since 1968, 2014 was the only year I didn't go to a game.. Since Aunt Jean died I have followed her wishes and offered the availability to others in her family. So, now 4 of us split the games every year.... 2 games each year and a preseason game in alternating years,
                      I dislike the new stadium. You used to be able to walk a complete, unimpeded circuit of any level. Now you can't walk more than a hundred feet without coming to a wall. It's a cluster ****.

Comment

You used to be able to walk a complete, unimpeded circuit of any level. Now you can't walk more than a hundred feet without coming to a wall. It's a cluster ****.
                        +1
                        I practically grew up in the old Giants stadium.....Giants games, Cosmos games, dozens of concerts.....that was just in the 80's....
                        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Since 1968, 2014 was the only year I didn't go to a game.. Since Aunt Jean died I have followed her wishes and offered the availability to others in her family. So, now 4 of us split the games every year.... 2 games each year and a preseason game in alternating years,
                          I dislike the new stadium. You used to be able to walk a complete, unimpeded circuit of any level. Now you can't walk more than a hundred feet without coming to a wall. It's a cluster ****.
                          That's also my complaint with the stadium. Not a fan.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

My first Giants game was 1968 at Yankee Stadium against the Cards. We lost I think 28-21.

By far Giants Stadium was the best stadium to watch a game. Can't believe they built that piece of crap they play in now.

Comment

My first Giants game was 1968 at Yankee Stadium against the Cards. We lost I think 28-21.

By far Giants Stadium was the best stadium to watch a game. Can't believe they built that piece of crap they play in now.
                              Agree 100%. Giants had a chance to build a nice stadium. I went to many games at the Titans stadium in the 90's, and it's really nice. I was at Giants Stadium for football, soccer, and concerts... my first Dead concert was there. That stadium was excellent, in most every way except for the paucity of shops compared to what they wanted. More ways to get the patron's dollar.
                              It's hard to believe anyone approved the concept drawings of this new crapola. I won't complain about the field and new video screens, but outside the field is a nightmare hodgepodge. The system of stairs from bottom to top is liked someone on acid conceived them.. The escalators are OK... but you have to walk a long way on every level to get to the start up to the next level, instead of that new beginning to the next level being right there. Again, whoever designed everything outside the field was a crazed maniac.

Comment

Agree 100%. Giants had a chance to build a nice stadium. I went to many games at the Titans stadium in the 90's, and it's really nice. I was at Giants Stadium for football, soccer, and concerts... my first Dead concert was there. That stadium was excellent, in most every way except for the paucity of shops compared to what they wanted. More ways to get the patron's dollar.
                                It's hard to believe anyone approved the concept drawings of this new crapola. I won't complain about the field and new video screens, but outside the field is a nightmare hodgepodge. The system of stairs from bottom to top is liked someone on acid conceived them.. The escalators are OK... but you have to walk a long way on every level to get to the start up to the next level, instead of that new beginning to the next level being right there. Again, whoever designed everything outside the field was a crazed maniac.
                                I meant that Giants Stadium was the best stadium the Giants have ever played in.

You could walk directly to the 300 level as well. The ridiculous sojourn you have to take to get there in the new stadium is a nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                                X