Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jmike View Post
    Some dirt is about 3.9 billion years old. So not quite.
    Huh? Ben Carson says it's 4 - 5,000 years old.
    Nope... not quite 3.9B.
    Ben must be misinformed.
    (Actually, I liked Ben until I heard he was one that believed the earth was so young. I figure, he's had extensive science backround and he doesn't believe in carbon dating?)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
      Huh? Ben Carson says it's 4 - 5,000 years old.
      Nope... not quite 3.9B.
      Ben must be misinformed.
      (Actually, I liked Ben until I heard he was one that believed the earth was so young. I figure, he's had extensive science backround and he doesn't believe in carbon dating?)
      He also separated conjoined twins in one of the most difficult surgeries in medical history.

      might want to give the guy a break.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
        He liked Blue better than Green.... certainly as valid a reason as any.
        Well, I do have to wonder why somebody would look at the Giants of the 70s and say, hey, that is the team I will root for. I honestly never thought to ask until recently when someone asked me and it is too late. It always just made sense when I was growing up, of course we were Giants fans, who else would somebody want to root for?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          He also separated conjoined twins in one of the most difficult surgeries in medical history.

          might want to give the guy a break.
          lol... He has my utmost respect.... truly. His religious beliefs are what make him blind to a little piece of scientific data. I don't want a President who might disregard proof of certain facts due to his religious beliefs... too many important sex, science and social questions that can be affected.
          Of course, now we have a man who makes decisions based on his own hunches, and he'll be more wrong way more times than Ben ever would have.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
            lol... He has my utmost respect.... truly. His religious beliefs are what make him blind to a little piece of scientific data. I don't want a President who might disregard proof of certain facts due to his religious beliefs... too many important sex, science and social questions that can be affected.
            Of course, now we have a man who makes decisions based on his own hunches, and he'll be more wrong way more times than Ben ever would have.
            His grasp of "science" is beyond anything any of us can imagine. His intellect is elite.
            He is also a Christian who believes in the teachings of the Bible. So what? How does this effect who he is or what impact he can have on the world around him.

            A little Christian tolerance isn't such a bad thing here.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
              Yeah I wouldn't know you lol.
              Lol you live in Teaneck?
              Mood: WOOF!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                His grasp of "science" is beyond anything any of us can imagine. His intellect is elite.
                He is also a Christian who believes in the teachings of the Bible. So what? How does this effect who he is or what impact he can have on the world around him.

                A little Christian tolerance isn't such a bad thing here.
                I think what Zim is trying to say is don't let your faith blind facts and reason. There is nothing wrong with being a Christian or any other religion.
                Or atheist, agnostic, whatever.
                Mood: WOOF!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                  Lol you live in Teaneck?

                  No but I was hanging there a bunch in the 80's
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                    I think what Zim is trying to say is don't let your faith blind facts and reason. There is nothing wrong with being a Christian or any other religion.
                    Or atheist, agnostic, whatever.
                    Amen to that... you summed it up exactly right. He can believe ****roaches are God, since no one can ever prove him wrong... he can believe in voodoo and I'm OK... but, scientific carbon dating is something he should know, as a scientist, is damned accurate.

                    Comment


                    • The gods are mans creation to give answers they are too afraid to give themselves.



                      Ohh, we getting deep in here.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        The gods are mans creation to give answers they are too afraid to give themselves.



                        Ohh, we getting deep in here.
                        That didn't make any sense
                        Mood: WOOF!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                          That didn't make any sense
                          Sure it does, think about it.
                          Its allllll about hope.

                          Comment


                          • "No hope on dope".
                            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                              Amen to that... you summed it up exactly right. He can believe ****roaches are God, since no one can ever prove him wrong... he can believe in voodoo and I'm OK... but, scientific carbon dating is something he should know, as a scientist, is damned accurate.
                              You know what is fun. The number of things that science knew and proved and was damned accurate about.....until they found they were completely wrong due to new science.

                              So my question is, what makes the now science any less fallable than the then science?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                                The gods are mans creation to give answers they are too afraid to give themselves.



                                Ohh, we getting deep in here.
                                We are the gods' creations, but we fail to understand them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X