Sure it does, think about it.
    Its allllll about hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
      "No hope on dope".
      like a soap on a rope

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
        Amen to that... you summed it up exactly right. He can believe ****roaches are God, since no one can ever prove him wrong... he can believe in voodoo and I'm OK... but, scientific carbon dating is something he should know, as a scientist, is damned accurate.
        With all due respect Zim you said..."I liked Ben UNTIL....."

Why would that cause you to no longer like a guy? We all have our beliefs. We all have our imperfections. We all have our blind spots. It's called being human.

But in this case, by your own words it caused you to dislike him.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
          We are the gods' creations, but we fail to understand them.
          Possible, but illogical.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            Possible, but illogical.
            Perfectly logical. It all depends on how you perceive what the gods are. If you believe what many religions teach that there is this benevolent single entity that is both onmnipotent and omniciant, then it is illogical. However, not everyone believes that.

Comment

like a soap on a rope

Or a Pope who can't cope
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                No... it was June 17, 1991. Went with my youngest son and about 10 of his friends. I met his current girlfriend then... she was from Spain and didn't speak a lick of English. She was over here as a nanny, and then went back to Spain at the end of the summer.... and, that was the end of that Then, 20 years later they found each other on the net and she came over here and they got married almost 2 years ago. Her English is great now.
                My first experience at a Dead concert... there were about 60 thou inside the stadium while they performed, and at least that many still out in the parking lot.
                This was before the cell phone days and I came from PA, and they came in two cars from the Jersey Shore. I walked around the Giant parking lots for 1.5 hours before I found them. Good thing there were 10 of them... they took turns scouring the lots to find Papa Z... and, the party was on. My first and last experience with shrooms... they did absolutely zero to me.
                Very nice, Zim.

I've seen them many times but only once at Giants stadium. I remember it primarily because I had the first date with my future wife the day before. I then went to the Dead the next day, tripped balls and a few days later went on a trip cross country with some friends for 3 weeks. I vaguely remember crashing on the floor of a friends house in SF under a gigantic crack in the foundation from the recent earthquake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Why would that cause you to no longer like a guy? We all have our beliefs. We all have our imperfections. We all have our blind spots. It's called being human.

Actually, he just said that he "used to like him". He doesn't have to DISLIKE the guy.

I'm sure Ben Carson is a nice person, and an excellent surgeon, but I agree with what Zim is saying. Science deniers lose a lot of credibility when it comes to me trusting them with literally any kind of decision making. Zim also stated that Carson's stance on something like that is shocking considering his science background.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    Actually, he just said that he "used to like him". He doesn't have to DISLIKE the guy.

I'm sure Ben Carson is a nice person, and an excellent surgeon, but I agree with what Zim is saying. Science deniers lose a lot of credibility when it comes to me trusting them with literally any kind of decision making. Zim also stated that Carson's stance on something like that is shocking considering his science background.
                    Because science has never been wrong....right?

Comment

• The gods are really aliens.

Comment

lmao, exactly

Comment

You know what is fun. The number of things that science knew and proved and was damned accurate about.....until they found they were completely wrong due to new science.

So my question is, what makes the now science any less fallable than the then science?
                          Nice. You are right. But, even old science is not too far off.
                          Recently they proved that Einstein's old Theory of Relativity still stands up, even after all the NEW findings in science.
                          Science proves itself wrong. Religion will never prove science wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I always loved Ben... seriously. He is a brilliant and moral man.
                            I no longer liked him as a candidate for President, is what I meant.
                            If , because of his religion, he believes that the earth is only 4,000 years old... despite scientific evidence that proves him off by, oh, just a few billion years...then I do not want the same man making decisions on abortion and homosexuality, gay marriage, etc, based upon his religious beliefs.

I have problems with Pence, too, because of some of his religious beliefs.
                            Decisions about the people in our country can not be influenced by any one person's religion.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              The gods are really aliens.
                              Here's a theory I can get behind.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

As opposed to a book written by guys who were told to do so by an invisible man in the sky?

Yea, I'll go with the guys who try to prove things wrong until they get it right as it can get.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X