This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    As opposed to a book written by guys who were told to do so by an invisible man in the sky?

Yea, I'll go with the guys who try to prove things wrong until they get it right as it can get.
    And, to embellish your thought... the words by those guys... that were telling us about the spirit(s) that spoke to them... their words weren't even put into print until 1,450 years after Jesus was born. In today';s legal courts, everything in the Bible would be considered 'Hearsay'.
    Perhaps there were some variations in those words after they were passed down for centuries?
    People can't even properly repeat a few short sentences that someone told them 5 minutes ago without changing and exaggerating things.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
      I always loved Ben... seriously. He is a brilliant and moral man.
      I no longer liked him as a candidate for President, is what I meant.
      If , because of his religion, he believes that the earth is only 4,000 years old... despite scientific evidence that proves him off by, oh, just a few billion years...then I do not want the same man making decisions on abortion and homosexuality, gay marriage, etc, based upon his religious beliefs.

I have problems with Pence, too, because of some of his religious beliefs.
      Decisions about the people in our country can not be influenced by any one person's religion.

I have no issue with anyone's religious beliefs so long as - if they work in the policy business - they keep them well away from their politics..

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        Very nice, Zim.

I've seen them many times but only once at Giants stadium. I remember it primarily because I had the first date with my future wife the day before. I then went to the Dead the next day, tripped balls and a few days later went on a trip cross country with some friends for 3 weeks. I vaguely remember crashing on the floor of a friends house in SF under a gigantic crack in the foundation from the recent earthquake.
        Maybe I already asked you this - but are you aware of the numerous Grateful Dead cover bands that play frequently on Long Island?
        I get out whenever possible to see them at a bar on the docks in Amityville, where bringing dogs is no issue. Plenty of friendly people dancing.
        There is G.D. Meetup group that provides all the dates and places - I don't bother with the meetups themselves, just the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          With all due respect Zim you said..."I liked Ben UNTIL....."

Why would that cause you to no longer like a guy? We all have our beliefs. We all have our imperfections. We all have our blind spots. It's called being human.

But in this case, by your own words it caused you to dislike him.
          because that's his damn choice
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Science is not just about proving something. Science is about attaining knowledge through gathering evidence and observation.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
              There must be more. No one really speaks about it. It's just not an important fact... but, it is cool to know more about our Giant brethren.
              I enjoy knowing which of the peeps are female. I love a woman who can hold her own in sports talk.
              Well, I just love woman, amen.... But, being sports minded is a plus. My wife hated football until I brought her to her first game in 1976, when she was 30, and she saw how cute some of the players were without a helmet... we were 19 rows up from the Giant bench. THEN, they became more interesting to her and she became a Giant fanatic in every sense. Ya gotta start somewhere.
              We need a Poll. There are other facts I'd like to have revealed, too.... age, gender, whether or not you ever lived in the NY Metro area.... if you never did, how did you get interested in the Gmen?"This will be good practice for you, Rudy... for your run at the Presidency... you need to get a pulse of your first Rudyites fan base.
              Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

Fez, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. But the two of us together? Forget it! I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership to this board. A message board without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And Morehead isn't always gonna be here to be that big toe for us. I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Morehead.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                Maybe I already asked you this - but are you aware of the numerous Grateful Dead cover bands that play frequently on Long Island?
                I get out whenever possible to see them at a bar on the docks in Amityville, where bringing dogs is no issue. Plenty of friendly people dancing.
                There is G.D. Meetup group that provides all the dates and places - I don't bother with the meetups themselves, just the info.
                I've seen a couple of them, but I'm not a big cover band guy. I liked the Dead but once that trip ran its course I was pretty much done with it. To me the event was the show and that can't be recreated by a cover band. Although the ones I have seen do a damn good job at the music.

A buddy of mine has seen The Machine (Pink Floyd cover band) literally dozens of times. I don't get that. You own the records, since it's not Pink Floyd, why not just put the record on?

Speaking of, ironically, I will be covering for a friend on Saturday in a Beatles cover band at Beatlefest at the Jersey City Hyatt. I'm not very happy about it, it seems like more of a drag than fun but he's really up against it and my inclination is to help him out, despite the hassle it appears to be.

Also, George Harrison's estranged sister (who he often accused of exploiting him) will be there! What's better than that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                  Science is not just about proving something. Science is about attaining knowledge through gathering evidence and observation.
                  You mean like medical science? The kind of science that a guy like Ben Carson has an understanding of that we couldn't imagine?

That kind of science?
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I've seen a couple of them, but I'm not a big cover band guy. I liked the Dead but once that trip ran its course I was pretty much done with it. To me the event was the show and that can't be recreated by a cover band. Although the ones I have seen do a damn good job at the music.

A buddy of mine has seen The Machine (Pink Floyd cover band) literally dozens of times. I don't get that. You own the records, since it's not Pink Floyd, why not just put the record on?

Speaking of, ironically, I will be covering for a friend on Saturday in a Beatles cover band at Beatlefest at the Jersey City Hyatt. I'm not very happy about it, it seems like more of a drag than fun but he's really up against it and my inclination is to help him out, despite the hassle it appears to be.

Also, George Harrison's estranged sister (who he often accused of exploiting him) will be there! What's better than that?
                    It is ironic that you play in cover bands (hadn't heard you mention any original endevours), but don't understand why others enjoy that. I actually prefer it, now - they're mostly free, I can move around or leave whenever I feel like it, better drink choices and prices... Obviously we're not going to see the real Beatles, Floyd, Dead or most of what I like, ever again.
                    And I've taken my wife to so many shows of original acts that I really couldn't wait to leave, not that I acted that way. Barry Manilow, that Groban guy, Ricky something or another...

Comment

It is ironic that you play in cover bands (hadn't heard you mention any original endevours), but don't understand why others enjoy that. I actually prefer it, now - they're mostly free, I can move around or leave whenever I feel like it, better drink choices and prices... Obviously we're not going to see the real Beatles, Floyd, Dead or most of what I like, ever again.
                      And I've taken my wife to so many shows of original acts that I really couldn't wait to leave, not that I acted that way. Barry Manilow, that Groban guy, Ricky something or another...
                      I have played in some original bands as well but I mostly gave that up once I figured it wasn't going to ever be a career.

I agree with you about good cover bands that are inexpensive, I should have been clearer. The Machine (for example) is like a concert ticket. It ain't free at all. He's paying like $40 to see them. That's a wtf kind of thing to me

Comment

• Ban Fez

Comment

I have played in some original bands as well but I mostly gave that up once I figured it wasn't going to ever be a career.

I agree with you about good cover bands that are inexpensive, I should have been clearer. The Machine (for example) is like a concert ticket. It ain't free at all. He's paying like $40 to see them. That's a wtf kind of thing to me
                          Gotcha. I still like to see my boys Hot Tuna occasionally, but many times it wasn't even that much to get in.

Comment

Ban Fez
                            What was it he did to that poor cow?

Comment

What was it he did to that poor cow?
                              You don't want to know man, but it involved a lot of KY

Comment

You don't want to know man, but it involved a lot of KY
                                What happens in Kentucky, should definitely stay in Kentucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X