This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
    What happens in Kentucky, should definitely stay in Kentucky.
    Right.

Nobody wants their lousy cows and ****.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Except Dez.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
        Nice. You are right. But, even old science is not too far off.
        Recently they proved that Einstein's old Theory of Relativity still stands up, even after all the NEW findings in science.
        Science proves itself wrong. Religion will never prove science wrong.
        While I am normally the last person to defend religion, but until we have all the answers, which will never happen, there will always be room for doubt in what we think we know. For example, if there truly is an all powerful entity out there that can create and control anything it chooses, why couldn't it make something that carbon dated older than what it actually was? I mean, it can do anything, why not that? We could have been born into existence just minutes ago and these memories we have of existing before then were just planted into our minds by this all powerful entity that can do anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
          While I am normally the last person to defend religion, but until we have all the answers, which will never happen, there will always be room for doubt in what we think we know. For example, if there truly is an all powerful entity out there that can create and control anything it chooses, why couldn't it make something that carbon dated older than what it actually was? I mean, it can do anything, why not that? We could have been born into existence just minutes ago and these memories we have of existing before then were just planted into our minds by this all powerful entity that can do anything.
          That's life, Jen

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
            I always loved Ben... seriously. He is a brilliant and moral man.
            I no longer liked him as a candidate for President, is what I meant.
            If , because of his religion, he believes that the earth is only 4,000 years old... despite scientific evidence that proves him off by, oh, just a few billion years...then I do not want the same man making decisions on abortion and homosexuality, gay marriage, etc, based upon his religious beliefs.

I have problems with Pence, too, because of some of his religious beliefs.
            Decisions about the people in our country can not be influenced by any one person's religion.
            Honestly, what his feelings on abortion, homosexuality, gay marriage and other social issues such as these really doesn't matter as much as what he feel's the government's role should be on these issues. The government has no business making any rules or policies concerning these things one way or the other IMO. Why is any marriage any business of the government? Frankly, I think it is none of their business. Marriage is a commitment between two people and the only people whose opinion matters about the validity of the commitment are the two people choosing to make it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
              Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

Fez, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. But the two of us together? Forget it! I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership to this board. A message board without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And Morehead isn't always gonna be here to be that big toe for us. I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Morehead.
              sucked them teets dry.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                As opposed to a book written by guys who were told to do so by an invisible man in the sky?

Yea, I'll go with the guys who try to prove things wrong until they get it right as it can get.
                I agree, just saying you can't completely discount the other side.

Comment

I agree, just saying you can't completely discount the other side.
                  He never said you can. You're having one of your dramatic episodes again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                    He never said you can. You're having one of your dramatic episodes again.
                    No, just pointing out the other side of the argument. It comes down to what one believes. While I believe in the science of it all, I find the case made by the "science deniers" interesting. They seem completely illogical, but if your base belief is that there is an omnipotent, omniscient entity out there; then it makes their case completely logical from their point of view and ours insanely irrational. Perspective tends to rule everything we think we know.

Comment

No, just pointing out the other side of the argument. It comes down to what one believes. While I believe in the science of it all, I find the case made by the "science deniers" interesting. They seem completely illogical, but if your base belief is that there is an omnipotent, omniscient entity out there; then it makes their case completely logical from their point of view and ours insanely irrational. Perspective tends to rule everything we think we know.
                      K

Comment

K
                        L

Comment

L
                          0/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            I've seen a couple of them, but I'm not a big cover band guy. I liked the Dead but once that trip ran its course I was pretty much done with it. To me the event was the show and that can't be recreated by a cover band. Although the ones I have seen do a damn good job at the music.

A buddy of mine has seen The Machine (Pink Floyd cover band) literally dozens of times. I don't get that. You own the records, since it's not Pink Floyd, why not just put the record on?

Speaking of, ironically, I will be covering for a friend on Saturday in a Beatles cover band at Beatlefest at the Jersey City Hyatt. I'm not very happy about it, it seems like more of a drag than fun but he's really up against it and my inclination is to help him out, despite the hassle it appears to be.

Also, George Harrison's estranged sister (who he often accused of exploiting him) will be there! What's better than that?
                            One of those bands is Dark Star Orchestra. They choose a concert the Dead did, somewhere in time, and reprise it exactly as they played that date. The parking lot is a jumpin' place before and after their concerts. I've been to two up here... A small venue called Penn's Peak. They come every year.

Comment

Honestly, what his feelings on abortion, homosexuality, gay marriage and other social issues such as these really doesn't matter as much as what he feel's the government's role should be on these issues. The government has no business making any rules or policies concerning these things one way or the other IMO. Why is any marriage any business of the government? Frankly, I think it is none of their business. Marriage is a commitment between two people and the only people whose opinion matters about the validity of the commitment are the two people choosing to make it.
                              Amen. And, they don't even need any witnesses... just each other to affirm a commitment.
                              OI course, that won't get them any 'married' bennies at tax time.

Comment

0/10
                                No, M comes next.

Comment

Working...
                                X