This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    Sorry Zim....I had one done about a year and a half ago.....
    I had one ablation on the left side a year ago, and med, Tikosyn, to keep the right side beating in sync. One of those two sides is out of whack again.
    I've had 3 cardioversions, but they last about 4 days and then I'm out again. This whole thing has ruined the hiking and workouts I normally do to keep in shape. The old bod goes down hill real fast at 70 if you don't keep with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
      wtf?
      Acceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Acceptable.
        +1

Comment

+1
          +Juan

He's a bad hombre.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Weirdos
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• You're keepin' in step....In the line
              Got your chin held high and you feel just fiiiine cuz ya doooooo what youre tooooold
              BUT INSIDE YOUR HEART IT IS BLACK AND IT'S HOLLOW AND IT'S COLD!!!
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                You're keepin' in step....In the line
                Got your chin held high and you feel just fiiiine cuz ya doooooo what youre tooooold
                BUT INSIDE YOUR HEART IT IS BLACK AND IT'S HOLLOW AND IT'S COLD!!!
                Stfu
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Branford Marsalis.

Brandon is the guy the Jets released.

Hmmm, could have sworn I typed Branford.

I blame autofill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    autofill.
                    You spelled "alcohol" wrong.
                    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                    "No...I didn't."
                    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I had one ablation on the left side a year ago, and med, Tikosyn, to keep the right side beating in sync. One of those two sides is out of whack again.
                      I've had 3 cardioversions, but they last about 4 days and then I'm out again. This whole thing has ruined the hiking and workouts I normally do to keep in shape. The old bod goes down hill real fast at 70 if you don't keep with it.
                      Is pacemaker the extreme option for something like this if it becomes chronic?

Comment

• Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post
                        Is pacemaker the extreme option for something like this if it becomes chronic?
                        No, a pacemaker is for a different condition. My Afib is controlled by Cardioversion (The shock pads. Had it done 3X and it didn't help), catheter ablation, where they enter through that large artery in the groin and snake up the veins to the heart, and then they burn tissue around the valves inside the heart which aren't firing properly electrically, to keep in sync... by a med. There are two sides to your heart and each is treated separately. One of my two sides is not in the groove.
                        Put my rescue dog, Sioux Bear, to sleep today. That's the 12th dog in our family that has passed. We've lost three in the past 14 months. That sucks.

Comment

• Zim-
                          Sorry about losing your dog(s); that really sucks.
                          Also sorry about your current heart condition; as I said I have afib too.
                          Do you have hypertension? Are you on blood pressure meds?

I've had high blood pressure since I was a teenager; it's just in my genes.
                          I'm 46 now and they've had me on Losartan and Bystolic for the last 4 years.....keeps my pressure pretty good (I used to run as high as 150/100) and my reading last week was 120/82. The ablation helped the afib but I've noticed recently it's starting up a bit again.
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Zim-
                            Sorry about losing your dog(s); that really sucks.
                            Also sorry about your current heart condition; as I said I have afib too.
                            Do you have hypertension? Are you on blood pressure meds?

I've had high blood pressure since I was a teenager; it's just in my genes.
                            I'm 46 now and they've had me on Losartan and Bystolic for the last 4 years.....keeps my pressure pretty good (I used to run as high as 150/100) and my reading last week was 120/82. The ablation helped the afib but I've noticed recently it's starting up a bit again.
                            Afib is fickle. It pops up again.
                            I'm on Cardizem, BP regulator, although I've never had high BP. I'm always around 116/78.
                            Also on Eliquis blood thinner and Tikosyn, which keeps the right side in sync. When the right side is out of sync it's known as Atrial Flutter. The left side is Atrial Fibrillation, as you know, I never heard of Aflutter until I got it. lol.

Comment

Put my rescue dog, Sioux Bear, to sleep today. That's the 12th dog in our family that has passed. We've lost three in the past 14 months. That sucks.
                              Sorry to hear that. I suppose one thing that could be comforting is that you gave a rescue dog a second chance. My dog was limping badly a few months ago, and the doctor misdiagnosed the x-rays, told me she had cancer, would need her leg amputated and maybe it had spread to other areas. Then a radioligist looked at it, and said it was just an old injury that had calcified. That was a relief, but getting that initial report and then trying to explain it to my fragile wife was gut wrenching. So now she has a second chance of sorts, and we finally got the resolve to help her loose weight and we can see the difference in how she can run and play again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                They sounded pretty damn good with Brandon Marsalis too.

I saw Dylan with The Dead and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers at Rich Stadium on the 4th of July in the mid eighties. I think it was a Farm Aid gig.

Good show. Great camping trip overall from what I remember.
                                I only have one Grateful Dead CD, "Without A Net" 1990 with him on sax in Eyes of the World. So fluid...

Comment

Working...
                                X