Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    Branford Marsalis.

Brandon is the guy the Jets released.
    Our team's new #2?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      Me too. I'll see those guys any time.
      I find they play their best when it's just the two of them - they tend to back off when they play with special guests, especially Jack Casady. I saw a show at the Beacon a few years ago that was all acoustic for the first set, then electric with their basic band in the second set.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
        Sorry to hear that. I suppose one thing that could be comforting is that you gave a rescue dog a second chance. My dog was limping badly a few months ago, and the doctor misdiagnosed the x-rays, told me she had cancer, would need her leg amputated and maybe it had spread to other areas. Then a radioligist looked at it, and said it was just an old injury that had calcified. That was a relief, but getting that initial report and then trying to explain it to my fragile wife was gut wrenching. So now she has a second chance of sorts, and we finally got the resolve to help her loose weight and we can see the difference in how she can run and play again.
        The bottom line? That vet shouldn't be reading Xrays. That had to be horrible. And, if the radiologist hadn't made the right diagnosis, your dog would have 3 legs now. Ugh.

Comment

• For those who don't live in NJ but travel there, Which airport do you mostly go to for a N.Y. Giants game? Is it Newark? Also which hotel would you suggest that's close to MetLife Stadium?
          Last edited by Antwuan; 03-05-2017, 12:41 AM.
          New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
            The bottom line? That vet shouldn't be reading Xrays. That had to be horrible. And, if the radiologist hadn't made the right diagnosis, your dog would have 3 legs now. Ugh.
            That vet was at an emergency animal hospital, where they take the x-rays - not our regular vet. He had been harping on us to get her weight down, and now we realize he was right, all along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
              For those who don't live in NJ but travel there, Which airport do you mostly go to for a N.Y. Giants game? Is it Newark? Also which hotel would you suggest that's close to MetLife Stadium?

Newark is definitely closest to MetLife, about a 15 minute ride. JFK and Laguardia are probably 30-40 minutes. They are also abysmal.
              Depending on your financials, Laguardia flights might be cheapest....but you'd have to compare. I'd rather pay extra for convenience.

There are plenty of hotels within 5-10 minutes of the stadium, all the name brand ones.
              I'd stay away from the Econolodge on rt. 46 next to the used bmw dealer and the topless bar though.
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Newark is definitely closest to MetLife, about a 15 minute ride. JFK and Laguardia are probably 30-40 minutes. They are also abysmal.
                Depending on your financials, Laguardia flights might be cheapest....but you'd have to compare. I'd rather pay extra for convenience.

There are plenty of hotels within 5-10 minutes of the stadium, all the name brand ones.
                I'd stay away from the Econolodge on rt. 46 next to the used bmw dealer and the topless bar though.
                Thanks!
                New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

..scrotum.
                  Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post

..scrotum.
                    I disagree.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      I disagree.
                      Link?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                        Link?
                        bite me.com
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          bite me.com
                          Wow um I don't think my boyfriend and my internet boyfriend Sarc would be happy to see this!

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                            No, a pacemaker is for a different condition. My Afib is controlled by Cardioversion (The shock pads. Had it done 3X and it didn't help), catheter ablation, where they enter through that large artery in the groin and snake up the veins to the heart, and then they burn tissue around the valves inside the heart which aren't firing properly electrically, to keep in sync... by a med. There are two sides to your heart and each is treated separately. One of my two sides is not in the groove.
                            Put my rescue dog, Sioux Bear, to sleep today. That's the 12th dog in our family that has passed. We've lost three in the past 14 months. That sucks.
                            I'm sorry about Sioux Bear.

Comment

A seedy motel next to a topless bar sounds like heaven to me.

Comment

• There used to be a place called Harry's Corner right there. It was a hole in the wall **** house where you could get egg sandwiches 24 - 7.

We'd go there at 3am after drinking.

Years later we found out the back dumpster that we used to piss on had a few dead bodies in it, dumped there by "the iceman", a mob killer.

So yeah, it's your kinda neighborhood I guess JR!
                                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                                "No...I didn't."
                                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Working...
                                X