X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    Didn't they re-sign Kuhn?
    Are we saying Kuhn is the same as Hankins, Linvall Joseph, or Barry Cofield? Because I meant good DTs.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      Are we saying Kuhn is the same as Hankins, Linvall Joseph, or Barry Cofield? Because I meant good DTs.
      Well, you didn't say good DT's.

Comment

Ok, I'll ask another (probably dumb) music question. Why is a guitar called an "axe"?
        Not a dumb question at all and honestly, I have no idea why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          Not a dumb question at all and honestly, I have no idea why.
          Ok....

Morehead, any insight here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
            Advice should be offered if asked
            OK, Rudy... you can say stfu to me right now.
            I think jmike gave you excellent advice that you should think of.
            I just put my 12th dog to sleep on Saturday. I've had a lot of experience with many kinds for 50 years.
            A Husky or Malamute needs daily exercise. If you're not willing to find time for them to get that.... either in a back yard where they can run... or, walk them for a decent walk every day, you'll have a frustrated dog that will be miserable and a hand full. If you will give it the time, they're great dogs.
            I had a huge, beautiful Bouvier and my wife put it in this tiny room every day, with a gate across the doorway. because she was afraid he would hurt one of her precious Shi Tzus... and she never walked him. He was miserable in that room. Made him want to bust out and go berserk running around the house to expend some energy. I am guilty too, cuz I never had a dog like him before and never walked him either. A dog with a lower energy level is a lot easier to manage and will tolerate a couch life, if that's what it will get.
            Anyways, good luck with whatever you get.

Comment

Ok....

Morehead, any insight here?
              This is old j*** usage that began with saxophone and other horn players. It may be from the sound of the word "sax," or from the player "swinging." From there any musical instrument became an axe. ... That j*** slang also was extended to other instruments, probably in the 1950's

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                I write songs. You can play them any way you want.
                Some I use a lot of electric guitars and some I don't.

Judge for yourself.

https://www.reverbnation.com/yummyth...ce=profile_box
                Some very nice stuff. Nice work.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                  OK, Rudy... you can say stfu to me right now.
                  I think jmike gave you excellent advice that you should think of.
                  I just put my 12th dog to sleep on Saturday. I've had a lot of experience with many kinds for 50 years.
                  A Husky or Malamute needs daily exercise. If you're not willing to find time for them to get that.... either in a back yard where they can run... or, walk them for a decent walk every day, you'll have a frustrated dog that will be miserable and a hand full. If you will give it the time, they're great dogs.
                  I had a huge, beautiful Bouvier and my wife put it in this tiny room every day, with a gate across the doorway. because she was afraid he would hurt one of her precious Shi Tzus... and she never walked him. He was miserable in that room. Made him want to bust out and go berserk running around the house to expend some energy. I am guilty too, cuz I never had a dog like him before and never walked him either. A dog with a lower energy level is a lot easier to manage and will tolerate a couch life, if that's what it will get.
                  Anyways, good luck with whatever you get.
                  I had one dog that needed a ton of exercise and I could not keep up with his energy. He was great though once I got him trained. He was 3 when I got him and spent his whole life outside in a fenced in yard and was never trained and barely interacted with. Basically alone in a yard all day. I got him home and he was a beast, fighting for dominance, tried to take my hand and head off a couple of times. Wasn't housebroken even. Anyway, once I got him adjusted and trained he was an awesome dog. Luckily I lived near woods at the time so I could take him for a walk off the leash where he did great. I'd start down the trail and he would take off and explore. Every so often he would come back to check on me and give me the squirrel he just killed, or duck, or groundhog, or rabbit, or whatever he managed to hunt down on that trip. He'd bag at least two on every walk, decent sized dog also, about lab size.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    This is old j*** usage that began with saxophone and other horn players. It may be from the sound of the word "sax," or from the player "swinging." From there any musical instrument became an axe. ... That j*** slang also was extended to other instruments, probably in the 1950's
                    thanks

Comment

Ok, I'll ask another (probably dumb) music question. Why is a guitar called an "axe"?
                      Just some macho word because of it's shape.
                      I never call it that actually. I have a radical word for it. I call it a ......"guitar".
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• If Dwayne Harris is released and is designated as a post-June 1st cut, Giants will save $3 mill in cap space.

Comment

• WHY IS "J A Z Z" ALWAYS CENSORED ON HERE??????
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                            WHY IS "J A Z Z" ALWAYS CENSORED ON HERE??????
                            RF only likes speed metal, and thinks all other forms of music are garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              Just some macho word because of it's shape.
                              I never call it that actually. I have a radical word for it. I call it a ......"guitar".
                              Not that I'm much for KISS, but Gene Simmons had a bass actually shaped like an axe. We saw it hanging on the wall at a Hard Rock café, and I stuck my tongue out for a picture with it. Almost threw up from the horrible food there.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                                If Dwayne Harris is released and is designated as a post-June 1st cut, Giants will save $3 mill in cap space.
                                do we WANT to do that? At first I would say no, but.....$3mm is a lot for a ST who didn't do much last yr.
                                btw, it only frees up $1.4mm according the Schefter this morning.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Working...
                                X