• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    Nice one. I'll go with Zep for a minute:
    In My Time Of Dying
    The Rain Song
    In The Light
    Kashmir
    (all fairly long songs)

Now:
    My Favorite Things- John Coltrane live versions (here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kPXw6YaCEY)
    Charles Mingus- Folk Forms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP6f_QpIal8
    and of course:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbCt-iXIXlQ
    Yes, Joe - Physical Graffiti is such an amazing double album, just one good song after another.
    I've never gotten into jhairs much, to be honest. But every rock musician, (particularly bassists and drummers) who I've heard had that background, were all exceptional.
    Last edited by jimmie ray; 03-09-2017, 09:29 PM. Reason: tried to spell j*** differently

Comment

• Physical Graffiti is imo the best Zep album.

By the time "Ten Years Gone" starts...I'm in sonic heaven.
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
        Did he mean long songs? I thought maybe Chopsticks, from the movie "Big"?

Favorite long songs:
        Dogs, Echoes - Pink Floyd
        Achilles Last Stand - Zep
        Inna Godda - Iron Butterfly
        Starship Trooper - Yes
        Green Grass and High Tides - Outlaws
        Suzy Q - CCR
        Don't You Eat That Yellow Snow - Zappa
        Southbound - Allman Bros
        Light Up or Leave Me Alone - Traffic
        I would add Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys by Traffic.

BTW...LOVE Dogs. Animals is an underrated album.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Tax season ******* ***** sometimes....I'm going home...ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
            Tax season ******* ***** sometimes....I'm going home...ugh.
            Are you an accountant?
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Are you an accountant?
              yep

Comment

• Can I get a tax write off for my time spent on these boards?
                "No...I didn't."

Comment

Can I get a tax write off for my time spent on these boards?
                  You can't write off time.

Comment

• Well, some of that time spent has caused me emotional stress and turmoil, so I needed to buy lots of beer to chill.

Can I write off the money spent on beer?

Can Rudy write off the money spent on weed?
                    "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Link?
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Well, some of that time spent has caused me emotional stress and turmoil, so I needed to buy lots of beer to chill.

Can I write off the money spent on beer?

Can Rudy write off the money spent on weed?
                        No you can't on beer. But if you get a perscription for medical marajuana you can put that as medical expenses on your schedule A.

Comment

• See that's just discrimination against beer drinkers verses pot smokers.

What if I have a prescription for more cowbell?
                          "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                            No you can't on beer. But if you get a perscription for medical marajuana you can put that as medical expenses on your schedule A.
                            I prefer my accountant be a bit more.....shall we say creative.

By the way, that's a work joke. When someone here says "be more creative" they usually actually mean that they want you to do something stupid, uninformed or illegal.

Comment

See that's just discrimination against beer drinkers verses pot smokers.

What if I have a prescription for more cowbell?
                              Tell you what, write it all off. Then call me for the audit, I get more money for audits than tax returns anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                I prefer my accountant be a bit more.....shall we say creative.

By the way, that's a work joke. When someone here says "be more creative" they usually actually mean that they want you to do something stupid, uninformed or illegal.
                                truth

Comment

Working...
                                X