This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'm actually off tmrw, but nobody else really is, so I don't even think I'm doing anything. I've always done St. Paddy's DAY, and get all my day drinking in 8-5(much like my job), and then go home to avoid the after-work crowds.

This year might be the end of an era......
    If any of those places you mentioned has a buffet, and you're not cooking, why not go and grab a plate before the crowd gets there?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
      If any of those places you mentioned has a buffet, and you're not cooking, why not go and grab a plate before the crowd gets there?
      That would be around 8 a.m.
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        No, animal lady. I have 2 cats and a dog. Had a fish until the cat ate it. My cats are both rescues. My dog is a recue/foster. I get dogs from a rescue group around here that need training or socialization with people or other types of issues that are keeping them from being adopted. I work with them and sometimes I lose them to a new home. I've had this one for a few years now, I don't expect that he will go anywhere. He still does not do well with other dogs, but at least he isn't terrified all the time any more and is really sweet.
        My mom lives in Virginia, and volunteers at a shelter called Caring for Creatures. Most of those dogs are abandoned by hunters or rural people, and in bad shape and spirit. They never euthanize though, and many times the volunteers foster them and pay for surgeries needed. I was amazed that they do get people coming from other states to adopt. I do walking and cleaning when I visit, but get very torn up over seeing the condition of these animals.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
          Crazy, I've never been a morning drinker. But I am looking forward to making Corned Beef Hash with my leftovers, come Saturday morning.

Comment

nah nobody has buffets lol. They have kegs & eggs on St. Paddy's but, usually it's busy most of the day. And yes, like Joe said, 8am is your best bet haha

There's a good possibility I'm not doing anything tmrw.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Crazy, I've never been a morning drinker. But I am looking forward to making Corned Beef Hash with my leftovers, come Saturday morning.
              Never tailgated a 1pm Giants game?! That's the best 8am drinking.

"Can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!"
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Never tailgated a 1pm Giants game?! That's the best 8am drinking.

"Can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!"
                I've been keeping this under wraps most of the time here, but I've only been to one Giants game, and it wasn't even in the regular season. Although we always had a big crew watching the games on TV, playing a 5 on 5 touch game before or after, lots of food and stuff - no one I knew had connections or much dough.
                My wife did know someone who got me Jets tickets a couple times cheap, but the seat location and over the top antics of some fans were more annoying than enjoyable.

Comment

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Just scheduled my interview for the next promotion.......

And yes, anxiety has settled in.....
                    Nice. It's a lock.

Beers on you, pal.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Aye
                      Aye

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        Aye
                        Turn up
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I'm Czech / Swedish / Irish, so I was told. Looking forward to making a big batch of Corned Beef and Cabbage tomorrow, and I'm off. Maybe pick up a bottle of Irish Whiskey, although I prefer Bourbon. I don't care for most Irish beers - even with Guinness, I've found there are much better tasting stouts available.

Probably watch "The Quiet Man", again - love the fight scene. Wish they would still show "Darby O'Guill", haven't seen that one in a while.
                          That flick never gets old.

Comment

That flick never gets old.

There was a wild colonial boy, Jack Dugan was his name
                            He was born and raised in Ireland, in a place called Castlemaine
                            He was his father's only son, his mother's pride and joy
                            And dearly did his parents love the wild colonial boy

Comment

Nice. It's a lock.

Beers on you, pal.
                              Belly shots?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                                Turn up
                                I'm at the park. I thought we were supposed to meet here?

Comment

Working...
                                X