X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    How do you think it'll go this year?

While I like Perkins ok enough, and I do think he'll get better, I was saying a year a go we need to get a bruiser RB in here
    Not sure that is what we need. "Bruisers" are overrated in the NFL today. DL are so big and strong that their size is not an advantage until they get to at least the 2nd level. Most of these "bruisers" do not have the explosion to get there on their own and need a strong OL to take advantage of their size and strength in the open field. They also are not particularly effective in short yardage situations without a strong line. Backs with good feet, vision and short area quickness are best when you need a yard. Just recall back to the days of Dayne and Barber, Tiki was so much more effective in short yardage situations. As was Bradshaw morso than Jacobs.

Perkins is a solid back and can be effective in short yardage situations. Many people feel McCaffery isn't a fit for what the Giants need, but I disagree. Now he isn't my top choice with the pick, but he would be a solid addition. He offers more flexibility than even Perkins does and what this offense needs to have a solid running game are players who can create for themselves. Plus with all the different things he can do that translate to the NFL today, he has a low bust factor, if not a particularly high ceiling. The OL simply hasn't proved to be dominant enough for a "bruiser" to be effective here.

Comment

• Fair enough.

I also like the idea of McCaffrey.
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Happy St. Pat's to all.....I'm not Irish but I will be having a traditional Irish dinner with beers aplenty.

Drive safe (for those who do)....
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Fair enough.

I also like the idea of McCaffrey.
          95% chance he'll be gone. We may have a shot at Dalvin Cook though.
          Although I doubt JR would pick him.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Happy St. Pat's to all.....I'm not Irish but I will be having a traditional Irish dinner with beers aplenty.

Yes, cant forget them. Walk safely, don't run with scissors.

Comment

Happy St. Pat's to all.....I'm not Irish but I will be having a traditional Irish dinner with beers aplenty.

I'll be driving to my sun room to have a glass of wine with my lovely bride and my dog Rudy........I mean GoGo.

Comment

• Here's my favorite Irish joke (set in rural Ireland):

A elderly Irish couple is driving back from a night at the pub and the wife is screaming at her husband to slow down, he's all over the road.
                Bumps in the road and twists abound. About ten minutes later, the constable pulls the old man over and says "Do you realize your wife fell out of the car about 3 miles down the road from the way you're driving?"
                The old man says "Thank God; I thought I'd gone deaf."
                "No...I didn't."

Comment

• JPP is making $15.5 mill per year, not the $17+ mill that was initially reported. He is making less than Olivier Vernon.

Comment

• On his 4-yr, $62M deal worth up to $66M, #Giants star JPP has a $20M signing bonus. He earns $34M within 11 months & $49.5M over the 1st 3 yrs - per Ian Rapoport

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      On his 4-yr, $62M deal worth up to $66M, #Giants star JPP has a $20M signing bonus. He earns $34M within 11 months & $49.5M over the 1st 3 yrs - per Ian Rapoport
                      Better but not much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        Better but not much.
                        At least its front loaded.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          At least its front loaded.
                          I don't think it's front loaded from a cap perspective at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            I'll be driving to my sun room to have a glass of wine with my lovely bride and my dog Rudy........I mean GoGo.
                            Woof!
                            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Anybody puke from too much booze yet?
                              "No...I didn't."

Comment

Anybody puke from too much booze yet?
                                I'm puking from the ever increasing monies given to our professional athletes.

Comment

Working...
                                X