Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
    I thought I was the only one. Hate green clothes. I was a Jet fan from their inception as the Titans until a few years after I started going to Giant games with my aunt in '68, and even then I wouldn't wear a green Jet shirt.
    So it was your aunt that got you into the Giants?

    Comment


    • Yo
      Mood: WOOF!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
        So it was your aunt that got you into the Giants?
        My wife's aunt. We got married October '67 when we both lived in NY city. In '68 I graduated from college and we moved up to CT. Her Aunt Jean, who started the tickets in '43, called and asked if I'd like to go to the Patriots/Giants preseason game at the Yale Bowl with her. She didn't drive, so I was her chauffer She and I went to every Giant game after that at the Bowl. We sat right behind the Giant bench and I gradually warmed up to them and lost interest in the Jets. Jean lived with us the whole time they played there in '73 and '74. Then my wife and I moved to NJ in winter '75, just before the Meadowlands opened and Aunt jean literally moved in with us from August to January every year thereafter. When she got too old to go to the games anymore I took control of the tickets, and they are still in the family... 73 nyears and counting. I only go to 1 or 2 games every season now.... and always a preseason game because I like to see the rooks and the new FA's.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
          My wife's aunt. We got married October '67 when we both lived in NY city. In '68 I graduated from college and we moved up to CT. Her Aunt Jean, who started the tickets in '43, called and asked if I'd like to go to the Patriots/Giants preseason game at the Yale Bowl with her. She didn't drive, so I was her chauffer She and I went to every Giant game after that at the Bowl. We sat right behind the Giant bench and I gradually warmed up to them and lost interest in the Jets. Jean lived with us the whole time they played there in '73 and '74. Then my wife and I moved to NJ in winter '75, just before the Meadowlands opened and Aunt jean literally moved in with us from August to January every year thereafter. When she got too old to go to the games anymore I took control of the tickets, and they are still in the family... 73 nyears and counting. I only go to 1 or 2 games every season now.... and always a preseason game because I like to see the rooks and the new FA's.
          Pretty amazing story how a woman that was such a devoted fan. She was obviously way ahead of her time.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rudy View Post
            Yo
            You yo-ing at me?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
              Pretty amazing story how a woman that was such a devoted fan. She was obviously way ahead of her time.
              IN '43 she was a WAC and was assigned to sell war bonds outside the Polo Grounds at the Giants games. She said once the game started she would just stand there with no one else to sell to and hear all the cheering from inside, so she went in to see what it was all about,. She fell in love with the game. She knew several of the Giants personally. Kyle Rote and Frank Youso were close friends who would call he every year on Christmas day to say hello. In the late 50's and early 60's she would have the entire Offensive line over to her apartment every Monday after a game for her wonderful stew. She said they were so big they would blot out the sun shining through her apartment windows. She also talked about how difficult it was for them to move comfortably on a Monday. They said they didn't start feeling human again until Wednesday or Thursday... which is why I hate Thursday night games.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                IN '43 she was a WAC and was assigned to sell war bonds outside the Polo Grounds at the Giants games. She said once the game started she would just stand there with no one else to sell to and hear all the cheering from inside, so she went in to see what it was all about,. She fell in love with the game. She knew several of the Giants personally. Kyle Rote and Frank Youso were close friends who would call he every year on Christmas day to say hello. In the late 50's and early 60's she would have the entire Offensive line over to her apartment every Monday after a game for her wonderful stew. She said they were so big they would blot out the sun shining through her apartment windows. She also talked about how difficult it was for them to move comfortably on a Monday. They said they didn't start feeling human again until Wednesday or Thursday... which is why I hate Thursday night games.
                Agreed. Thursday is just over saturation for us fans and it's just not right to do to the players.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                  You yo-ing at me?
                  At errbody
                  Mood: WOOF!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                    Agreed. Thursday is just over saturation for us fans and it's just not right to do to the players.
                    '
                    There is no originality and reality with the scheduling. Every single Thursday night game should be Only for two teams coming off the bye... and, the only teams playing Monday night should be ones that follow it with a bye. These guys destroy their bodies, and they need proper rest.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                      Yo
                      "Yo"?
                      You mean, "Woof"?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                        "Yo"?
                        You mean, "Woof"?
                        Woof!
                        Mood: WOOF!

                        Comment


                        • K.....its been amusing, but the dog thing has gotten stale toots.

                          If you're bored, post stats on the Giants run game or something.

                          Or.....what you did last night....

                          Anything but this dog shtick....
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                            K.....its been amusing, but the dog thing has gotten stale toots.

                            If you're bored, post stats on the Giants run game or something.

                            Or.....what you did last night....

                            Anything but this dog shtick....
                            *wags tail*

                            *licks*
                            Mood: WOOF!

                            Comment


                            • Dwight Clark diagnosed with ALS. That sucks.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                                Dwight Clark diagnosed with ALS. That sucks.
                                Still no cure, after all this time. Dwight was well respected.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X