This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    I have an interview in 45 mins for something that could mean early retirement....

Wish me luck.
    Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      They can be tough.

Questions I usually ask interviewees are

What are your greatest weaknesses?

How would you move a mountain using only a spoon?

If you were in a box, how would you think outside of it?

All timed of course.
      Do you work in the circus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        Yea me and Rudy. " Meet the amazing doggirl, Rrrrrudaaay!"

Comment

Yea me and Rudy. " Meet the amazing doggirl, Rrrrrudaaay!"

Awesome. You get to bring cotton candy home from the office?

Lucky!

Comment

• I think it went pretty well.....

Well, I'm cautiously optimistic. It's really hard for me to gauge how well those kinds of things go lol.

But I thought it was a good sign when the VP who was interviewing me started mentioning that I came highly recommended, and had great feedback from multiple areas of management...and started talking about how people mesh well with others in a new role, etc....

Not sure why she would have stated that if she wasn't thinking I was a good fit.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I think it went pretty well.....

Well, I'm cautiously optimistic. It's really hard for me to gauge how well those kinds of things go lol.

But I thought it was a good sign when the VP who was interviewing me started mentioning that I came highly recommended, and had great feedback from multiple areas of management...and started talking about how people mesh well with others in a new role, etc....

Not sure why she would have stated that if she wasn't thinking I was a good fit.

Is this potential job president of the bank?

If not, pass; it's beneath you. You can go work at the circus with Fez

Comment

Awesome. You get to bring cotton candy home from the office?

Lucky!
                Your use of the word 'sarcasm', melding with 'man' reminds me of a word my wife coined. She combined 'insinuate' and 'innuendo' to be Insinnuendo.
                It worked nicely in many mystery movies... the Hitch**** types... and she'd say at just the right moment of intrigue, "Ah, the insinnuendo", and it would always fit perfectly. Just as you blend a dose of sarcasm into some of your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  Yea me and Rudy
                  So you work for the Jets?
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                    Hitch**** .

I gotta love the filter...lmao....

....and yet:

TITS
                    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                    "No...I didn't."
                    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Is this potential job president of the bank?

If not, pass; it's beneath you. You can go work at the circus with Fez
                      haha, I'd be working as a direct report of the VP of Lending.
                      The title is a bit convoluted; Consumer Loans Processing Supervisor.

We don't have a president. We have a CEO, CFO, EVP, and then VPs of specific areas.
                      We used to have a CTO, but idk if that's still a thing.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I think it went pretty well.....

She was hitting on you.

Comment

She was hitting on you.
                          That must be the TL;DR version
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                            Your use of the word 'sarcasm', melding with 'man' reminds me of a word my wife coined. She combined 'insinuate' and 'innuendo' to be Insinnuendo.
                            It worked nicely in many mystery movies... the Hitch**** types... and she'd say at just the right moment of intrigue, "Ah, the insinnuendo", and it would always fit perfectly. Just as you blend a dose of sarcasm into some of your replies.

Insinnuendo is an awesome word, Zim.

Comment

haha, I'd be working as a direct report of the VP of Lending.
                              The title is a bit convoluted; Consumer Loans Processing Supervisor.

We don't have a president. We have a CEO, CFO, EVP, and then VPs of specific areas.
                              We used to have a CTO, but idk if that's still a thing.

So running the Ops for the consumer loan division?

Is that just mortgages and helocs or do you consider other loans consumer as well?

Comment

So running the Ops for the consumer loan division?

Is that just mortgages and helocs or do you consider other loans consumer as well?
                                Everything except literal mortgages. Home equity we consider consumer-side.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X