Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    I have an interview in 45 mins for something that could mean early retirement....

    Wish me luck.
    Good luck!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      They can be tough.

      Questions I usually ask interviewees are

      What are your greatest weaknesses?

      How would you move a mountain using only a spoon?

      If you were in a box, how would you think outside of it?


      All timed of course.
      Do you work in the circus?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        Do you work in the circus?
        Yea me and Rudy. " Meet the amazing doggirl, Rrrrrudaaay!"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Yea me and Rudy. " Meet the amazing doggirl, Rrrrrudaaay!"

          Awesome. You get to bring cotton candy home from the office?

          Lucky!

          Comment


          • I think it went pretty well.....

            Well, I'm cautiously optimistic. It's really hard for me to gauge how well those kinds of things go lol.

            But I thought it was a good sign when the VP who was interviewing me started mentioning that I came highly recommended, and had great feedback from multiple areas of management...and started talking about how people mesh well with others in a new role, etc....

            Not sure why she would have stated that if she wasn't thinking I was a good fit.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

            It's too bad, I'm too good....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              I think it went pretty well.....

              Well, I'm cautiously optimistic. It's really hard for me to gauge how well those kinds of things go lol.

              But I thought it was a good sign when the VP who was interviewing me started mentioning that I came highly recommended, and had great feedback from multiple areas of management...and started talking about how people mesh well with others in a new role, etc....

              Not sure why she would have stated that if she wasn't thinking I was a good fit.

              Is this potential job president of the bank?

              If not, pass; it's beneath you. You can go work at the circus with Fez

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                Awesome. You get to bring cotton candy home from the office?

                Lucky!
                Your use of the word 'sarcasm', melding with 'man' reminds me of a word my wife coined. She combined 'insinuate' and 'innuendo' to be Insinnuendo.
                It worked nicely in many mystery movies... the Hitch**** types... and she'd say at just the right moment of intrigue, "Ah, the insinnuendo", and it would always fit perfectly. Just as you blend a dose of sarcasm into some of your replies.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                  Do you work in the circus?
                  Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  Yea me and Rudy
                  So you work for the Jets?
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                    Hitch**** .

                    I gotta love the filter...lmao....

                    ....and yet:

                    TITS
                    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                    "No...I didn't."
                    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                      Is this potential job president of the bank?

                      If not, pass; it's beneath you. You can go work at the circus with Fez
                      haha, I'd be working as a direct report of the VP of Lending.
                      The title is a bit convoluted; Consumer Loans Processing Supervisor.

                      We don't have a president. We have a CEO, CFO, EVP, and then VPs of specific areas.
                      We used to have a CTO, but idk if that's still a thing.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

                      It's too bad, I'm too good....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        I think it went pretty well.....

                        Well, I'm cautiously optimistic. It's really hard for me to gauge how well those kinds of things go lol.

                        But I thought it was a good sign when the VP who was interviewing me started mentioning that I came highly recommended, and had great feedback from multiple areas of management...and started talking about how people mesh well with others in a new role, etc....

                        Not sure why she would have stated that if she wasn't thinking I was a good fit.
                        She was hitting on you.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          She was hitting on you.
                          That must be the TL;DR version
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

                          It's too bad, I'm too good....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                            Your use of the word 'sarcasm', melding with 'man' reminds me of a word my wife coined. She combined 'insinuate' and 'innuendo' to be Insinnuendo.
                            It worked nicely in many mystery movies... the Hitch**** types... and she'd say at just the right moment of intrigue, "Ah, the insinnuendo", and it would always fit perfectly. Just as you blend a dose of sarcasm into some of your replies.

                            Insinnuendo is an awesome word, Zim.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                              haha, I'd be working as a direct report of the VP of Lending.
                              The title is a bit convoluted; Consumer Loans Processing Supervisor.

                              We don't have a president. We have a CEO, CFO, EVP, and then VPs of specific areas.
                              We used to have a CTO, but idk if that's still a thing.

                              So running the Ops for the consumer loan division?

                              Is that just mortgages and helocs or do you consider other loans consumer as well?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                So running the Ops for the consumer loan division?

                                Is that just mortgages and helocs or do you consider other loans consumer as well?
                                Everything except literal mortgages. Home equity we consider consumer-side.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

                                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X