X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    I think it went pretty well.....

Well, I'm cautiously optimistic. It's really hard for me to gauge how well those kinds of things go lol.

But I thought it was a good sign when the VP who was interviewing me started mentioning that I came highly recommended, and had great feedback from multiple areas of management...and started talking about how people mesh well with others in a new role, etc....

Not sure why she would have stated that if she wasn't thinking I was a good fit.
    Nice. She must have received the letter of reference from Rudy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      She was hitting on you.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

haha, I'd be working as a direct report of the VP of Lending.
        The title is a bit convoluted; Consumer Loans Processing Supervisor.

We don't have a president. We have a CEO, CFO, EVP, and then VPs of specific areas.
        We used to have a CTO, but idk if that's still a thing.
        I am President of my company but I refuse to use the title. I am the Operations Manager, because that is essentially what I do... manage the business and the people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          She just needs a leash.

Comment

Everything except literal mortgages. Home equity we consider consumer-side.
            Ah, so loan ops not mortgage ops

Comment

• I'd contribute but I never had an office job in my life, not even for a day.

My entire conception of what it must be like comes from the movie "Office Space" and to a lesser extent "The Office".
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                I'd contribute but I never had an office job in my life, not even for a day.

My entire conception of what it must be like comes from the movie "Office Space" and to a lesser extent "The Office".
                I've worked in both worlds, and there's many things I don't miss about office work:
                The cramped cubicle, and people peering and listening into what you're doing, obviously.
                The obligatory birthdays and other occasions where you have to shell out for people and events you could give a rat's *** about.
                The golden people who don't do **** each day, but stay that extra hour looking busy for the company big shot to see when he makes his later rounds.

I'm back to grunty, heavy work now - but at least it's all on one campus, there's bathrooms all over, and we have a nice kitchen setup for preparing decent meals.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                  The golden people who don't do **** each day, but stay that extra hour looking busy for the company big shot to see when he makes his later rounds.
                  That seems like a brilliant game plan....something George Costanza himself would've pulled.
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I'm back to grunty, heavy work now - but at least it's all on one campus, there's bathrooms all over, and we have a nice kitchen setup for preparing decent meals.
                    You working at a college?
                    "No...I didn't."

Comment

That seems like a brilliant game plan....something George Costanza himself would've pulled.
                      It looked like a lot of work, that he put into that Pensky file...

Maybe it's just me - but how did TV suddenly go from a great show like that, which was new and creative, yet borrowed elements from the earliest classics... to complete ****?

Comment

Maybe it's just me - but how did TV suddenly go from a great show like that, which was new and creative, yet borrowed elements from the earliest classics... to complete ****?

dunno my friend...but you're right.....as usual
                        "No...I didn't."

Comment

You working at a college?
                          Yep, I'm the boiler guy, but also work on all types of equipment. It's actually a luxury to know every piece of equipment and it's history in one place, than go in blind like guys who have to do service in different places each day.
                          I work quite a few odd hours shifts, too. But that's more monitoring stuff on various pcs in a control room. Hardest part is staying awake - which is one reason I visit here. You won't find me sitting at a computer, once I'm off duty.

Comment

• Honest work JR ...good stuff.
                            "No...I didn't."

Comment

Honest work JR ...good stuff.
                              I'll be relieved and out of here, very soon... but I don't believe we've heard your line of work, Joe?

Comment

I'll be relieved and out of here, very soon... but I don't believe we've heard your line of work, Joe?
                                I'm a musician that played professionally for 25 years....gave it up when the wife and kid came....now I teach

There will be no retirement for me
                                "No...I didn't."

Comment

Working...
                                X