Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Let me be the first, OK 900th person to say that I want the Giants to re-sign Hankins, but only at the right price.
    I trust Jerry. No one else is interested.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      I trust Jerry. No one else is interested.
      He overvalued himself....which is fine.....so long as you don't mind looking like an idiot afterwards lol.

      I like when teams are like "ok, test it out, see who bites, just let us see if we can compete when you have an offer"
      Oderint Dum Metuant

      It's too bad, I'm too good....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        HAHA, I remember a couple years ago, during free agency, you and I went around every FA thread, posting variations of "for the right price..." or "If the price is right..."

        I can't think of a more trite term within football.
        Yeah, like it's our money, lol.

        Even funnier are the boneheads who actually try to extrapolate things to create the perception that there is a correlation between the amount of money players are paid and ticket prices.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          I trust Jerry. No one else is interested.
          Me too. He can be skittish but overall he's better than average.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
            Yeah, like it's our money, lol.

            Even funnier are the boneheads who actually try to extrapolate things to create the perception that there is a correlation between the amount of money players are paid and ticket prices.
            That just shows a lack of education on the product. Because all teams, in theory, SHOULD be spending the same amount of total money based on cap restrictions.
            Ticket prices are solely based on market, which is kinda ****ty, but....whatever, it is how it is.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

            It's too bad, I'm too good....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              He overvalued himself....which is fine.....so long as you don't mind looking like an idiot afterwards lol.

              I like when teams are like "ok, test it out, see who bites, just let us see if we can compete when you have an offer"
              Yea this goes back to what I was saying last week about Reese. Its one of his strengths. Its like a game of poker.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                Yeah, like it's our money, lol.

                Even funnier are the boneheads who actually try to extrapolate things to create the perception that there is a correlation between the amount of money players are paid and ticket prices.
                I checked that out the last time I saw a complaint about the recent ticket price increase. Since '11 the Cap has gone up 23%, while the first ticket price increase since the new stadium opened was just about 10%.

                Comment


                • FOR rUDY:
                  Attached Files
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                    FOR rUDY:
                    LMAO YES!
                    Mood: WOOF!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                      WE are Rudy's therapy, so be gentle and keep her amused. If it becomes tedious, ignore it.
                      We can only hope that she stays current with her Rabies shots.
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                        I checked that out the last time I saw a complaint about the recent ticket price increase. Since '11 the Cap has gone up 23%, while the first ticket price increase since the new stadium opened was just about 10%.

                        I remember, I read your good, logical and rational post on it; imo, it was a bit too smart for tagf.

                        I think you're supposed to just foam at the mouth and shake your fist about how these entitled athletes are paid too much and its coming out of our pockets.

                        Comment


                        • Where do you guys buy your Giants gear usually?
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                          Comment


                          • Not a gear guy. I'll usually receive a hat or two or a sweatshirt as gift, that's about it.

                            Oh, and I won a tie dyed 1990 Giants SB T shirt on the nj seaside boardwalk, probably in the early '90s. I still have it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                              Where do you guys buy your Giants gear usually?
                              I hate wearing clothes
                              Mood: WOOF!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                                I hate wearing clothes
                                Who needs clothes when you're sporting a rad pair of sunglasses.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X