This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    I'm a musician that played professionally for 25 years....gave it up when the wife and kid came....now I teach

There will be no retirement for me
    Well, I knew you could play an instrument - but wouldn't have guessed you made a living out of it. I have no instrumental talent, other than being an acknowledged kazoo expert. I thought I was also a quite good on the bongos, but have been recently informed that I'm a train wreck in that area.

So who's your inspirations?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      Not a gear guy. I'll usually receive a hat or two or a sweatshirt as gift, that's about it.

Oh, and I won a tie dyed 1990 Giants SB T shirt on the nj seaside boardwalk, probably in the early '90s. I still have it.
      Same here. I wear the same Giants sweatshirt every day in the winter - it's getting pretty tattered, but I can wait until someone buys a replacement. I've never owned a jersey - I did ask for a Shockey one, when he first came on. But like the beer making kit I asked for, it never happened.

Comment

• I just watched Rogue One for the first time on tv
        After the first 40 minutes I was like "this sucks"...then it got good.
        Good Star Wars movie.
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

So who's your inspirations?
          Well, you and Rudy these days...
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
            Who needs clothes when you're sporting a rad pair of sunglasses.
            Exactly
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Well, you and Rudy these days...
              Hi
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I just watched Rogue One for the first time on tv
                After the first 40 minutes I was like "this sucks"...then it got good.
                Good Star Wars movie.
                I honestly thought it was one of the best ones. I grew up on the original trilogy, and have always been a huge fan. I thought Rogue One did a significantly better job with exposition that the originals did not. Like, as soon as you figure out who Jyn Erso and her father are, you're immediately "in the ****", so I was all in on the story. I also love the PERFECT transition into "A New Hope"
                Last edited by JPizzack; 03-27-2017, 08:43 AM.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• I think my unborn nephew needs some infant Wu-Wear.........thoughts?!
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    I think my unborn nephew needs some infant Wu-Wear.........thoughts?!
                    so cliche now

Comment

I honestly thought it was one of the best ones. I grew up on the original trilogy, and have always been a huge fan. I thought Rogue One did a significantly better job with exposition that the originals did not. Like, as soon as you figure out who Jyn Erso and her father are, you're immediately "in the ****", so I was all in on the story. I also love the PERFECT transition into "A New Hope"
                      Agreed they tied it together very well.
                      ...and I was completely underwhelmed by The Force Awakens......
                      "No...I didn't."

Comment

Curious why they didnt show R2 and C3 with Liea though. They were on Yavin...

Comment

Agreed they tied it together very well.
                          ...and I was completely underwhelmed by The Force Awakens......
                          Felt rushed in a way. I dont know something felt off with that movie. Death Star planet was kind of lame too.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            so cliche now
                            Is it? I just really like Wu-Tang lol
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Curious why they didnt show R2 and C3 with Liea though. They were on Yavin...
                              Probably because it wasn't yet integral to the story. The whole stored info on R2 was kind of an early reveal in A New Hope. Did they really NEED to rehash it??
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Felt rushed in a way. I dont know something felt off with that movie. Death Star planet was kind of lame too.

I felt Harrison Ford's performance was off somehow.....Kylo Ren didn't seem like a very believable villian....Episode 8 is going to have to answer a lot of questions brought up in TFA
                                "No...I didn't."

Comment

Working...
                                X