X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1 Zim.
    Just say what you mean.
    Sometimes tact just pisses people off because they think you're being phony.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Yea...you say that now, but I have had more than my fair share of awkward moments because I have said something everyone was actually thinking and had the grace not to voice it.

Comment

• lol, jm. I've been around the block, and I've been there when no one was brave enough to call someone on their BS... and, I am not one that likes to ruffle feathers either. Then I've also been there when someone was bold/brazen enough to call BS, tact or not. I always silently clap my hands for that brave soul... and, I think you'd be surprised how many do respect your speaking out... they're just afraid to applaud you out loud. But, yeah... hahahaha... it can make for an awkward moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
          lol, jm. I've been around the block, and I've been there when no one was brave enough to call someone on their BS... and, I am not one that likes to ruffle feathers either. Then I've also been there when someone was bold/brazen enough to call BS, tact or not. I always silently clap my hands for that brave soul... and, I think you'd be surprised how many do respect your speaking out... they're just afraid to applaud you out loud. But, yeah... hahahaha... it can make for an awkward moment.
          One of those moments cleared the table and ended a relationship in one motion. Its ok though, the sex was terrible and it was my friends I embarrassed him in front of, not his friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
            One of those moments cleared the table and ended a relationship in one motion. Its ok though, the sex was terrible and it was my friends I embarrassed him in front of, not his friends.
            hahaha... see? you spared him embarrassment in front of his friends... that's tact.
            We'd be at a family party and some woman would have an ugly as sin blouse... or one of the men an ugly *** shirt, and my Mom would always be the one... "Oh, Lou... that color doesn't look good on you." Or, "Mary, that blouse hangs funny on you.". No one would say a word... they'd all be kinda like shrinking into themselves... but, I always thought she simply said out loud what everyone was thinking silently. Her favorite was... "that dress does nothing for you."
            Land of the free and home of the brave.... and, if the sex sucks you know you can't live with that forever... so, you did yourself a favor.

Comment

• jmike.....

miss you, miss you every day....

I actually haven't been around either, so I can't talk....
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                jmike.....

Sounds like you need to work on your aim.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                  hahaha... see? you spared him embarrassment in front of his friends... that's tact.
                  We'd be at a family party and some woman would have an ugly as sin blouse... or one of the men an ugly *** shirt, and my Mom would always be the one... "Oh, Lou... that color doesn't look good on you." Or, "Mary, that blouse hangs funny on you.". No one would say a word... they'd all be kinda like shrinking into themselves... but, I always thought she simply said out loud what everyone was thinking silently. Her favorite was... "that dress does nothing for you."
                  Land of the free and home of the brave.... and, if the sex sucks you know you can't live with that forever... so, you did yourself a favor.
                  If the situation occured in front of his friends I would have done the same thing. It was luck, not tact.

Comment

jmike.....

How'd the interview go, did you get it?

Comment

You insulted your significant other in public. Perfectly acceptable to do it in private, they might even thank you for it.
                      But can you blame him for being angry?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        You insulted your significant other in public. Perfectly acceptable to do it in private, they might even thank you for it.
                        But can you blame him for being angry?
                        I didn't insult him, I embarassed him. And no I can't blame him, he had every right to be angry. Problem is the thought ran through my head on its way out of my mouth. The group went silent for a second and looked at us and then all 8 of them decided it was time to get another drink, or hit the bathroom, or make a phone call. It was at that moment I figured I said something that probably should have stayed inside my head.

Comment

Sounds like you need to work on your aim.
                          funny.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

funny.
                            yes it was

Comment

• No it wasn't
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• I wonder if Russians drink Vodka for breakfast.
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X