This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    One of the greatest comedians of all time died yesterday. I always acknowledged him birthday every year (May 8th).
    My wife and I saw Don Rickles live in Las Vegas in 2004 which enabled me to cross one item off my bucket list.

Tour the beaches at Normandy.......Done
    Visit Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona........Done
    See Don Rickles live in Vegas.......Done

Next is a drive along the California Coastline in a convertible with a blonde.
    Doing the west coast drive is also big on my bucket list.
    So, I'm grey, but I used to be blond. So, we'll hook up and share the drive and have hours of good convo, and your wife won't worry about you being with the 'wrong' blond.
    hahahaha... Book it, Dano.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Say I left a chicken quesadilla out in room temp for over 24 hours. Is it still acceptable to eat it?
      I give it 3 days.

I did that once on a bike trip but it was one of those big pastrami and mustard sandwiches.
      Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Rickles was the absolute best.
        Love this story.

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

• I could sure go for a raw onion right about now

Comment

Thaaank you. I was going to eat it anyway
            Why would you eat a sponge?

Comment

I could sure go for a raw onion right about now
              Go where?

Comment

I could sure go for a raw onion right about now

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  Go where?
                  Someone is getting restless.
                  Eight more days to go... and then you'll be like the Genie in the bottle in The Thief of Baghdad...
                  Free at last!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                    Doing the west coast drive is also big on my bucket list.
                    So, I'm grey, but I used to be blond. So, we'll hook up and share the drive and have hours of good convo, and your wife won't worry about you being with the 'wrong' blond.
                    hahahaha... Book it, Dano.
                    Well I'm planning on driving to Montana next summer to stay with my daughter for a month or so. I can work out of anywhere. Not sure if GoGo is coming or not. My lovely bride can fly out for a week during that time to visit.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Well I'm planning on driving to Montana next summer to stay with my daughter for a month or so. I can work out of anywhere. Not sure if GoGo is coming or not. My lovely bride can fly out for a week during that time to visit.
                      I love driving. When we go to shows in Chicago or Atlanta I drive and everyone else flies. Turn on some good tunes and just veg, and you have all the time in the world to relax and think of nothing, or think out some things.

Comment

I love driving. When we go to shows in Chicago or Atlanta I drive and everyone else flies. Turn on some good tunes and just veg, and you have all the time in the world to relax and think of nothing, or think out some things.
                        You ARE right thought...driving all around the country in a whole summer is on a lot of folks bucket lists......mine too.

Some people don't get how great this country is. So much to take in.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

You ARE right thought...driving all around the country in a whole summer is on a lot of folks bucket lists......mine too.

My friend and his gf take off 2 weeks every summer and just drive around the mid west. She plans everything. They hike, camp, canoe, fish, bike.....
                          You have to see the pictures they come back with. Its like National Geographic.

I get jealous.

Comment

In have friends who don't think you've traveled unless you've been all over the world.
                            Everything you ever wanted to see is right here.

Comment

I love driving.

Living in the NJ/NYC area for 46 years, I have come to hate driving more than 30 minutes (without traffic).....add more time to that plus traffic and I'm staying home if possible.
                              When I was in my early 20's I didn't mind it at all, but after the grind over the years it became a real issue.

I have driven out to Pittsburgh 4 times now in the last 5 years for my wife's family out there, and some of it is beautiful, but really you are just staring at highway and corn fields 90% of the time.

I've done the California rt. 1 trip. It was nice. You do it once and can say you did it and that's that.

I've had to travel over the years but in the end, I realized I'm just not must of a traveler.
                              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                              "No...I didn't."
                              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Geez, if the Giants want a LBer this seems to be a decent draft to get one:

-Watt
                                -Foster
                                -Davis
                                -Red****
                                -Cunningham

Any one of these guys can likely step in an make an impact. I wouldn't mind any of them in the first if the Giants decide to go that route.

Comment

Working...
                                X