This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    Living in the NJ/NYC area for 46 years, I have come to hate driving more than 30 minutes (without traffic).....add more time to that plus traffic and I'm staying home if possible.
    When I was in my early 20's I didn't mind it at all, but after the grind over the years it became a real issue.

I have driven out to Pittsburgh 4 times now in the last 5 years for my wife's family out there, and some of it is beautiful, but really you are just staring at highway and corn fields 90% of the time.

I've done the California rt. 1 trip. It was nice. You do it once and can say you did it and that's that.

I've had to travel over the years but in the end, I realized I'm just not must of a traveler.
    Route 80 through Pennsylvania sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
      IDK about the road, but I would be willing to bet the view is better than you get on the NJ Turnpike.

Comment

It's a whole lot nicer than I-80 across Ohio and Indiana... that is really as boring as it gets..
        You have to take the older, slower routes to see any real beauty. Just like train rides around the country are usually beautiful because most of the lines were laid well over 100 years ago, and the land has matured around the tracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          My friend and his gf take off 2 weeks every summer and just drive around the mid west. She plans everything. They hike, camp, canoe, fish, bike.....
          You have to see the pictures they come back with. Its like National Geographic.

I get jealous.
          Well since you've never even been to Jersey...I can see that anything outside Mineola would look awesome.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
            IDK about the road, but I would be willing to bet the view is better than you get on the NJ Turnpike.

You're both correct.
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              Well since you've never even been to Jersey...

How's that even possible? I mean, most people at least drive through NJ once by mistake.
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

This is some of the funniest **** I've ever heard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv4OMsTUptA

and he took it as good as he gave it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1BKR53qxOY

Absolutly great.
                Were these roasts televised? I wasn't allowed to watch certain shows, in the early 70s (All in the Family, for example). My parents would watch them with my grandparents, and I'd hear them laughing hysterically - but I was banished to a back room to play with Lincoln Logs. I knew of Don Rickles reputation, but only got to see him in such roles as Bald Eagle in F Troop.

Comment

• I think they were, although I wasn't aware of them until the mid 2000's when they began having commercials for the dvd's on tv.

Not only are those roasts hilarious, but where else could you see a bunch of old timers like that smoking and drinking?
                  "No...I didn't."

Comment

I think they were, although I wasn't aware of them until the mid 2000's when they began having commercials for the dvd's on tv.

Not only are those roasts hilarious, but where else could you see a bunch of old timers like that smoking and drinking?
                    Dean Martin used to smoke and drink right on his own weekly show.

Comment

• Really?

Lol...the good 'ol days
                      "No...I didn't."

Comment

I think they were, although I wasn't aware of them until the mid 2000's when they began having commercials for the dvd's on tv.

I think they were on in the late 70s or early '80s. I used to watch them all.

I think most of them were drunk through most of the shows. At least Dino was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          I think they were on in the late 70s or early '80s. I used to watch them all.

I think most of them were drunk through most of the shows. At least Dino was.
                          That drinking thing was just shtick with Dean Martin. He really wasn't the big drinker that everyone thinks he was.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            That drinking thing was just shtick with Dean Martin. He really wasn't the big drinker that everyone thinks he was.
                            Next you're gonna tell me there's no Santa Claus.
                            "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Coffee and mountain dew
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                                Coffee and mountain dew

Hungover again?
                                "No...I didn't."

Comment

Working...
                                X