This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
    I know, and neither was Tarkenton. I meant, did the Giants use a first round pick to trade for Collins or Tarkenton.
    jmike said we got 5 QB's with first round picks. Since I've been watching the Giants, since '58, Simms and Eli were the only ones I can remember going on a first round pick.... so, that leaves three more. Since I can't recall any other QB's being selected with a 1st round pick, unless Conerly was one, I can only imagine they used their first round pick in a trade for Collins or Tarkenton.
    Honestly wasn't thinking about trades, but you are right the way I worded that those would be included. In fact that would mean both Rivers and Eli would be on that list. I meant drafted. Brown was a supplemental pick and Rivers wasn't with the team very long. Mahommes would be the 5th, if that is the route they went.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      Honestly wasn't thinking about trades, but you are right the way I worded that those would be included. In fact that would mean both Rivers and Eli would be on that list. I meant drafted. Brown was a supplemental pick and Rivers wasn't with the team very long. Mahommes would be the 5th, if that is the route they went.
      I knew that you were inferring through the draft, but I couldn't think of 5 that way... so, I figured you were open to a QB gotten through trade for a first round pick.
      I just checked, and Fran Tarkenton cost us two (2) first round and 2 second round picks.. so, yes, we got a QB in 1967 for our 1st round pick, and that would make another on your list.
      Kerry Collins was a free agent.
      Yeah... I forgot about Lee Grosscup... he was very forgettable. And, I also forgot about Rivers, and also forgot about the supplemental pick for Brown our of Duke. I hated that wasted pick then, and I hated it the day of the draft when we had to pass, and I hated it during Browns career.... another forgettable period of time, except when he was chosen to start over Simms. What a stupid choice that was.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        Well, if the Giants like Mahommes, I'm fine with the pick. I'd prefer it if they didn't need to trade up to get him though. That said, if they are right with the guy, nobody will care that it took more than one pick to get him.
        yeah i dont have a problem giving up a 3rd or 4th or something if he can be the guy (imo he can) i dont think weve had a player from either of those rounds play for us in years
        "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
        - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
          yeah i dont have a problem giving up a 3rd or 4th or something if he can be the guy (imo he can) i dont think weve had a player from either of those rounds play for us in years
          What, Thompson, Odighizuwa, Bromley, Moore, Hosley, Jernigan, Jones, Barden, Beckum, Goodson, Williams, Nassib, Robinson, Mosley, Brewer, Dillard, Brown and Kehl haven't impressed you?

Comment

• I don't remember us drafting 'What'.
            What position did What play?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              i think that was the point.
              he asked a question. he wasn't making a point

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                i think that was the point.
                Homeland suuuuucked this year.

Comment

• ughh Charlie Murphy passed away...

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                    I don't remember us drafting 'What'.
                    What position did What play?
                    2nd base.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                      2nd base.
                      Naturally.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        ughh Charlie Murphy passed away...
                        I suppose he was from Roosevelt, Long Island - but was he known for anything other than being Eddie's brother?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                          I suppose he was from Roosevelt, Long Island - but was he known for anything other than being Eddie's brother?
                          He did stand up. I know him for the Rick James and Prince skits on Chappelle

Comment

• Here ya' go...

http://uproxx.com/tv/charlie-murphy-...appelles-show/

Comment

• whats with you losers lately ?

Comment

• Spring fever!

Comment

Working...
                                X