X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    Wow
    Well, I looked up Charlie Murphy, and I guess I should know him - he was a boiler technician, which is my trade. One of my co-workers has always lived in Roosevelt, and he only talks about Eddie and Dr. J - no Charlie ever mentioned. I know quite a few people who do not care for Chapelles approach to comedy, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
      That was pretty good.
      But, they would, for sure, happily call it a Hail Mary.
      The Quran has an entire Chapter devoted to Mary, and her miraculous offspring, Jesus. Both Mary and Jesus are held in very high regard by Muslims.
      In fact Jesus name is mentioned, with reverence and respect, many more times than Muhammed's name in the Quran.
      Jesus was believed to be one of the of the 5 great prophets,
      Muslims have a big problem with Christians, but not with Christ.
      I found that very interesting when I first learned of it, about 6-7 years ago.
      Interesting reading on their inclusion in the Quran, and how that are portrayed and respected.

https://www.islamreligion.com/articl...mary-in-brief/
      I've read that, before. You'd think they could have gone along a little with what the Crusades was trying to introduce, then - would have made for a nicer visit. Anyway, if they don't like Mo being pictured or spoken about in a certain way, then they're not going to call a football play something they revere, either.

Comment

That was pretty good.
        But, they would, for sure, happily call it a Hail Mary.
        The Quran has an entire Chapter devoted to Mary, and her miraculous offspring, Jesus. Both Mary and Jesus are held in very high regard by Muslims.
        In fact Jesus name is mentioned, with reverence and respect, many more times than Muhammed's name in the Quran.
        Jesus was believed to be one of the of the 5 great prophets,
        Muslims have a big problem with Christians, but not with Christ.
        I found that very interesting when I first learned of it, about 6-7 years ago.
        Interesting reading on their inclusion in the Quran, and how that are portrayed and respected.

https://www.islamreligion.com/articl...mary-in-brief/
        Well thank god we are talking about football then, because I hear Jesus can't hit a curveball.

Comment

• I like beer.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
            I like beer.
            Are you one of the many on this IPA or fruity tootie bandwagon lately? I don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
              Are you one of the many on this IPA or fruity tootie bandwagon lately? I don't get it.
              I like Pale Ale. I've been drinking the same brand for 7 years now.
              What the difference is between that and IPA I couldn't even tell you.
              I will say: I can't stand "craft brews" or the morons that take pictures of them and post on whatever stupid website....they all taste like chocolate and suck (the beers....can't speak for the morons....although they suck too)
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                I've read that, before. You'd think they could have gone along a little with what the Crusades was trying to introduce, then - would have made for a nicer visit. Anyway, if they don't like Mo being pictured or spoken about in a certain way, then they're not going to call a football play something they revere, either.
                Hahahaha... yeah, the Crusades was just a nice visit... kinda like your Mother-in-law visiting.

Comment

Hahahaha... yeah, the Crusades was just a nice visit... kinda like your Mother-in-law visiting.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Or your mother in law.
                  "No...I didn't."

Comment

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Or your mother in law.
                    We always give mom the cushy chair treatment.

Comment

I like Pale Ale. I've been drinking the same brand for 7 years now.
                      What the difference is between that and IPA I couldn't even tell you.
                      I will say: I can't stand "craft brews" or the morons that take pictures of them and post on whatever stupid website....they all taste like chocolate and suck (the beers....can't speak for the morons....although they suck too)
                      Pale Ale is made from pale malts. I like German malt produced beers, especially the dark ones. IPAs are made from excessive hops, and extremely bitter. I suppose that's why some have fruit flavors or other weird stuff mixed into them.

Comment

• Do you call your mother in law Mom?

I never do. Always her first name.

My mother died many years ago......can't really bring myself to call anyone else Mom.
                        "No...I didn't."

Comment

Do you call your mother in law Mom?

I never do. Always her first name.

My mother died many years ago......can't really bring myself to call anyone else Mom.
                          I have no problem at all with doing that, and my own mother (getting on 90) doesn't seem insulted by it. I often joke that I get along better with mom in law, than the wife.

Comment

• You're a good man Jimmie Ray.
                            "No...I didn't."

Comment

You're a good man Jimmie Ray.
                              We'll see what they say when I'm on line at the Pearl Gates. I got a bad feeling they got tape of some not so good stuff.

Comment

• Oh noos Eli

Comment

Working...
                                X