This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    That is something I don't have. Always meant to get one but never really have the need. Any work that isn't simple I generally call someone else out to do it, I'm not much of a carpenter. Wall patches, simple electrical or plumbing fixes, some idiot dragging his washer/dryer into the living room, stuff like that I'll take care of myself. Not much need for a router.
    I get an "A" for effort as a carpenter.
    I build a lot of things but I generally don't have the patience to do it perfectly.
    I did build my shed in our backyard. I built our deck and my sister in law's deck. And I build a lot of basic furniture....and lot's of guitar amp cabinets. But often I do things wrong and have to do them again.
    At this point in my life I just laugh at myself when it happens. I figure, God made me this way...it's not my fault.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I get an "A" for effort as a carpenter.
      I build a lot of things but I generally don't have the patience to do it perfectly.
      I did build my shed in our backyard. I built our deck and my sister in law's deck. And I build a lot of basic furniture....and lot's of guitar amp cabinets. But often I do things wrong and have to do them again.
      At this point in my life I just laugh at myself when it happens. I figure, God made me this way...it's not my fault.
      I figure, if there is a singular god, it is a spoiled toddler.

Comment

• Yalll have a good Easter?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Yalll have a good Easter?
          It is y'all.

Few know what Easter is.

Comment

It is y'all.

Few know what Easter is.
            The first pope was really a rabbit that laid eggs.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              The first pope was really a rabbit that laid eggs.
              Easter is a goddess of fertility. Rabbits and eggs are used to symbolize and celebrate fertility in the spring or the fertile season. Now most seem to think its all about the first recorded case of a zombie.

Comment

• JC was patient zero?

Comment

Easter is a goddess of fertility. Rabbits and eggs are used to symbolize and celebrate fertility in the spring or the fertile season. Now most seem to think its all about the first recorded case of a zombie.
                  You often have great replies..... seriously.
                  1) I thought dezz's 'router' meant for internet service.
                  You put a whole new slant on it, and MH follows up with his own carpentry experience.
                  2) My last name means ' carpenter' in German... for real.... Zimmermann.
                  3) I think you made a mistake on calling Jesus the first recorded zombie on two fronts...
                  - that would have to be Lazarus, wouldn't it? He rose from the dead before Jesus died.
                  - 'recorded' is a mute word in these biblical instances. Who recorded these events? No one we know.
                  - The Gutenburg Bible in 1454 was the first mass produced written Bible. How much of it was from corroborated writings?
                  - The first actual writing of the New Testament was in Greek, and began on 50AD. How many times were the stories of Jesus told and retold, and mutated before they were actually put into print? How did the author of these early New Testament writings corroborate what he wrote?
                  It makes me think that some of the most misguided peoples are those who take the Bible literally.

Comment

• I did mean for the internet, haha. My modem and router are in the basement and I'm on the second floor. I have an old Linksys wgt whatever the ****.
                    Might try a power line.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                      It makes me think that some of the most misguided peoples are those who take the Bible literally.
                      Look, I collected two of every animal on earth once....didn't really take that long either....

Ok, it was a little harder getting those sharks on the boat.....
                      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                      "No...I didn't."
                      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                        You often have great replies..... seriously.
                        1) I thought dezz's 'router' meant for internet service.
                        You put a whole new slant on it, and MH follows up with his own carpentry experience.
                        2) My last name means ' carpenter' in German... for real.... Zimmermann.
                        3) I think you made a mistake on calling Jesus the first recorded zombie on two fronts...
                        - that would have to be Lazarus, wouldn't it? He rose from the dead before Jesus died.
                        - 'recorded' is a mute word in these biblical instances. Who recorded these events? No one we know.
                        - The Gutenburg Bible in 1454 was the first mass produced written Bible. How much of it was from corroborated writings?
                        - The first actual writing of the New Testament was in Greek, and began on 50AD. How many times were the stories of Jesus told and retold, and mutated before they were actually put into print? How did the author of these early New Testament writings corroborate what he wrote?
                        Yes, you are correct, it is the second recorded case of a zombie. Honestly, I got kicked out of so many religious education courses as a child for calling them on their BS that my memory of it is a bit disjointed. My parents were getting very upset with me because they kept having to join new churches so I could be properly educated and confirmed. I think the one I finally finished in was about an hour away from home.

I think Morehead made the first router joke. I can't always be the funny one around here.

Comment

JoeBigBlue can't always be the funny one around here.
                          It's ok Jenn....I'm up for it.
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I think Morehead made the first router joke. I can't always be the funny one around here.

It is an absolute tragedy what we are calling comedy as these days.

Comment

• I got kicked out of the same one twice too. My parents not wanting to switch me made a contribution that made them reconsider. Lasted about 3 weeks.

My sister's advice was, just smile and nod and regurgitate what they tell you, you don't have to believe or argue with them when something doesn't make sense. I tried to listen to her, but it seems I do not have the will power to just keep my mouth shut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                It is an absolute tragedy what we are calling comedy as these days.
                                Tragedies can be funny when taken in a certain perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X