This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
    Morehead made the first router joke, after you took it into the realm of carpentry by inference.
    I learned more about carpentry from the contractors restoring my building than I ever knew before. I asked a lot of questions while they were working, was probably very annoying in hindsight, but I was paying them a lot of money so understanding what they are doing and why shouldn't be considered out of line.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      Tragedies can be funny when taken in a certain perspective.
      I agree; Shakespeare knew all about that fine line

Comment

• Someone used my online Discover account at 4am this morning to order themselves $100 in iTunes cards using my cashback rewards balance.....
        how the **** does THAT happen?!?!
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          Someone used my online Discover account at 4am this morning to order themselves $100 in iTunes cards using my cashback rewards balance.....

I'm sure the fine people at the high quality Discover Card services will take care of everything for you, refund all your money and make this entire episode a distant memory without your having to lift even one finger.
          +

Comment

Someone used my online Discover account at 4am this morning to order themselves $100 in iTunes cards using my cashback rewards balance.....
            They either got your username and password or hacked into the account. Maybe they got ahold of your credit card numbers, or if you have that chip thing on your card, stole it from that.

Comment

You blacked out and spent all your chashback rewards on T Swift? I guess it happens.

Comment

• At least they were nice enough to just use the cashback rewards and not max your card out.....

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  I learned more about carpentry from the contractors restoring my building than I ever knew before. I asked a lot of questions while they were working, was probably very annoying in hindsight, but I was paying them a lot of money so understanding what they are doing and why shouldn't be considered out of line.
                  I never minded homeowners asking questions when I used to do oil burners, and now explaining stuff to the students and staff where I work now. The annoying thing is people who used to question the cost, without trying to understand the work - or the ones now that just say "so you're not going to fix it".

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    I'm sure the fine people at the high quality Discover Card services will take care of everything for you, refund all your money and make this entire episode a distant memory without your having to lift even one finger.
                    +
                    They did. I always have good experiences with them.
                    But...seriously, how did someone get into my online account to redeem them!?
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      You blacked out and spent all your chashback rewards on T Swift? I guess it happens.
                      I'm sure there's a 2nd half to this joke that I could build off of, but....I'm exhausted today....how about we just say, umm...

"Nah....as you know, I already own ALL the T Swift albums....."
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I'm sure there's a 2nd half to this joke that I could build off of, but....I'm exhausted today....how about we just say, umm...

"Nah....as you know, I already own ALL the T Swift albums....."
                        You, and your hundred bucks, are never ever getting back together.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                          I never minded homeowners asking questions when I used to do oil burners, and now explaining stuff to the students and staff where I work now. The annoying thing is people who used to question the cost, without trying to understand the work - or the ones now that just say "so you're not going to fix it".
                          The contracter was really good at keeping me abreast of unexpected costs and issues and he didn't do any of the actual work himself that I saw. So we spent a lot of time climbing around and talking about what was happening and why. He did a good job and is my first phone call when I need something done. He did a lot of special things on my place at my request, that often started with "is it possible to.....".

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                            You, and your hundred bucks, are never ever getting back together.
                            they already have given me the credit back. but, nice attempt at Taylor Swift humor

Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

they already have given me the credit back. but, nice attempt at Taylor Swift humor

Gross.

Comment

• Yanks are hawt...

Comment

Working...
                                X