This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1941 is a classic.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• So, are we SB champ material or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
        So, are we SB champ material or what?
        God. Shut up, Moke; I am so friggin tired of your constant blathering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          And Bonanza
          He passed out, when Hoss farted.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            Thanks.

edit - I'm really not sure if I've heard it. back before mp3 really took off, like in the late 90s, I had a massive collection of classic rock. Off the top of my head I know I have a LZ box set, and also a 2 disc BBC sessions album.

Song Remains the Same was supposedly recorded at MSG, 1975, I believe. The film could have been done better, overall. But the instrumentals and visuals during No Quarter are exceptional. John Paul Jones' fantasy sequence was based on an old Disney series "The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh".

Comment

**** off, mate.....

I'm a rare breed who likes **** that most people don't.
              Ever hear Fred Blasie sing?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                Song Remains the Same was supposedly recorded at MSG, 1975, I believe. The film could have been done better, overall. But the instrumentals and visuals during No Quarter are exceptional. John Paul Jones' fantasy sequence was based on an old Disney series "The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh".
                Thanksgiving Day, 1976, my friends and I went to the theater to watch that film. We sat in the front row and my most vivid memory was, as we were looking straight up at the screen, my friend saying........"Jimmy Page is God".

Yes...Yes he was.

And BTW...that film was actually shot in 1973 and released in 1976.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                  Ever hear Fred Blasie sing?
                  lol no. But I have heard do voiceover like a movie trailer guy, and he was great.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

God. Shut up, Moke; I am so friggin tired of your constant blathering.

I haven't been here in so long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Thanksgiving Day, 1976, my friends and I went to the theater to watch that film. We sat in the front row and my most vivid memory was, as we were looking straight up at the screen, my friend saying........"Jimmy Page is God".

Yes...Yes he was.

I'll have to check this out. I've heard of it, but definitely forgot.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post

I haven't been here in so long.
                        One might say, it hasn't been long enough....

Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

One might say, it hasn't been long enough....

Oh it's been long alright. Where is Rudy? Is she still around?

Comment

I'm pretty sure that was my wife.

I sent her in there but we're not gonna buy anything because we're cheap *******s.
                            lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

As I understand it they weren't really planning on releasing it because they weren't happy with the footage, live or otherwise. However, early 1976 Plant was injured badly in a car accident in Greece, so their upcoming tour was cancelled. The idea was "Well, let's just put the movie out instead"....

I don't think the dates at MSG in 73 were their best live performances....and the fantasy sequences are laughable at best. However, I think Page's solo on "Since I've Been Loving You" catches him at near his peak.
                              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                              "No...I didn't."
                              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...-yadier-molina

kewl.

Comment

Working...
                                X