This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    I like new toys to play with in the morning.

Now you're just killin me.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
      How so?

Comment

Well I have heard from someone who I trust that the #1 guy for the Giants is Mahomes if he is there but he does not get the impression that they would be willing to trade up for him. Beyond that I have no information. The way the draft seems to be shaking out, the best value at their pick will be at LBer. Though they may force a tackle pick there. I would not like that as I am not a fan of any of the tackles in this draft. Though I like the Guards and there will be a couple solid gurad picks there in round two. In fact if they go OL, the best value for anyone in that group seems to be round 2. Picks I could see:

QB-Mahomes or Watson if either are still there, but likely not. I'd roll the dice on Kizer in the 2nd, there is enough there to work with. Take a risk on Kelly, Evans or Russell in the late rounds. Torgersen is another, has the makings of a guy that will bounce around as a back up in this league for a dozen years.

RB-McCaffrey, also not likely there. I do not expect them to take Cook even if he is still on the board. Hunt or Perine in Round 3-4 would fit best with what the Giants are looking for. Keep an eye on Aaron Jones later in the draft, he will be good.

WR-Davis or Williams, again most likely gone. Zay Jones is a player that will out perform his draft position in rounds 3 or 4.

OL-Lamp, Bolles or Robinson; but I would not care for any of them. Lamp is eventually going to be a guard and there are other guards available in round 2 that will perform nearly as well as him in the position, so the value isn't there. Too many ?s around Robinson and Bolles for me to like those picks over other players that will be available. Ramczyk has too many injury questions to draft there. I like Dawkins, Johnson or Moton in the 2nd over anyone in the 1st. Knappe would be worth a late round flier and Aviante Collins is a player who will be a solid 5 OL for a while or even a good enough starter.

TE-Njoku if you believe Raanan is not an option. Not that I particularly endorse the pick, but I would be surprised if he is right and the Giants don't have a high grade on him. He was my call before the combine. Howard won't be there, but will be picked if he is. Engram is another guy I think the Giants would like, though I don't think he is worth the pick. Hodges looks like a similar player to Njoku or Engram and be available later. Though I have never personally been a fan of the big WR tight ends you see more of recently.

DT-I would be surprised if the take a DT in the first, based on their history. Though Wormly would be my pick for who they would go after and very well may be the 2nd round pick if still on the board.

DE-I hear they are very high in Rivers, but I don't think high enough to take him in round one. Maybe an option if they trade back to the top of round 2. Charlton seems to be a player with very mixed reviews. I see him rated in the top 10 all the way back to the end of round 2. There is a good chance he is the pick there 23. The Giants would have a high grade on him based on history and more likely than several already mentioned to still be on the board. He may not be a top target, but I think they will value him at that pick.

LB-I don't think they have Foster on their board due to things unrelated to the field. Bad interviews, questionable piss test, incident at combine...it all combines to paint a picture of a player that isn't going to fit with what the Giants want. Davis, Red****, Bowser, Willis and Watt; of them at least one will still be there at 23 and likely represent the best value of all the players remaining.

CB-I don't see any that will still be available at 23 or of value at 23 that would interest the Giants. Keep an eye on Allen out of Utah, he is another that will out perform his draft position and could develop into a good #2 or 3 CB.

S-I really like Baker and King, two of my favorite players in this draft, though I do not expect the Giants to have any interest in the 1st for either and they will be gone by the 2nd. If Hooker or Adams fall, I could see the Giants taking them. But that seems at this time to be as likely as Reese calling me after the draft to invite me to workout at DT at minicamp. Not much in this draft I like beyond them, T. Thompson might be worth a flier later.

I hope that answers your question.
        To sum up I listed 19 possibilities; which you would think gives me good odds, but watch them pick somebody not on the list

QB-Mahomes
        QB-Watson
        RB-McCaffrey
        WR-Williams
        WR-Davis
        TE-Howard
        TE-Njoku
        TE-Engram
        G-Lamp
        T-Robinson
        T-Bolles
        DT-Wromly
        DE-Charlton
        DE-Rivers
        LB-Redd!ck
        LB-Davis
        LB/DE-Willis
        LB/DE-Watt
        LB-Bowser

Only players names I have been told specifically the Giants are high on are Mahomes, Davis (WR), Rivers, Willis and Bowser. The rest are just educated guesses.
        Last edited by jmike; 04-27-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

To sum up I listed 19 possibilities; which you would think gives me good odds, but watch them pick somebody not on the list

QB-Mahomes
          QB-Watson
          RB-McCaffrey
          WR-Williams
          WR-Davis
          TE-Howard
          TE-Njoku
          TE-Engram
          G-Lamp
          T-Robinson
          T-Bolles
          DT-Wromly
          DE-Charlton
          DE-Rivers
          LB-Redd!ck
          LB-Davis
          LB/DE-Willis
          LB/DE-Watt
          LB-Bowser

Only players names I have been told specifically the Giants are high on are Mahomes, Davis (WR), Rivers, Willis and Bowser. The rest are just educated guesses.
          Good research on this, from what the little that I've read. DT might be the biggest need, and possibly quickest to develop - under the current circumstances, though.

Comment

How so?

Don't be coy.
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

You won't be killed, just brought to the edge, Joe.

Comment

Don't be coy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                  You won't be killed, just brought to the edge, Joe.
                  and left there

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    To each their own.
                    And I wouldnt want to watch the sox either.

Told you Judge would go yard.

Comment

• Sorry forgot DE-Harris in my list, mostly because I am hoping the source is wrong. One of the few players I would be unhappy with if the drafted in the first.

Comment

Sorry forgot DE-Harris in my list, mostly because I am hoping the source is wrong. One of the few players I would be unhappy with if the drafted in the first.
                        Its ok. I didnt read it anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Its ok. I didnt read it anyway.
                          I don't care, you didn't ask the question.

Comment

and left there
                            Thumbs down
                            "No...I didn't."

Comment

Thumbs down
                              You aren't going to get a ride that way.

Comment

• miss you, jmike.....miss you every day....
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Working...
                                X