This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    I agree with the first part but I think they're finally strong or above average at most positions.
    Well I mean depth wise...
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      A friend of mine took guitar lessons from Leslie West. His parents were wealthy.
      Your friend's parents or Leslie West's?
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
        Your friend's parents or Leslie West's?
        Yes

Comment

• Ok, because WTH, I'll make a prediction. Pick tonight @ 23 will be Bowser, Taco or Wormley. (Same 3 if they trade down)

If they trade up it will be for Mahomes, Robinson or Bolles.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
            Ok, because WTH, I'll make a prediction. Pick tonight @ 23 will be Bowser, Taco or Wormley. (Same 3 if they trade down)

Whoa, Nelly - didn't you originally say you'd be surprised by a first round pick of a DT?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
              Of course.
              Rock band from Long Island. Had a couple minor hits early 70's.
              Too bad about Felix Pappalardi. He produced some good albums for Cream, and was also a very gifted musician - besides just bass. Was born with his fingers fused together.
              I saw Mountain about 15 years ago - they were awful, and it was a very disappointing show.

Comment

Ok, because WTH, I'll make a prediction. Pick tonight @ 23 will be Bowser, Taco or Wormley. (Same 3 if they trade down)

Trading up for a position we don't currently need? JERRY REACH!

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                  Too bad about Felix Pappalardi. He produced some good albums for Cream, and was also a very gifted musician - besides just bass. Was born with his fingers fused together.
                  I saw Mountain about 15 years ago - they were awful, and it was a very disappointing show.
                  Leslie had some substance issues.

Comment

Leslie had some substance issues.
                    Oh man, we couldn't even tell what any of the songs they played were supposed to be.

I'm gonna put "Nantucket Sleighride" on when I get home, and cry.

Comment

Oh man, we couldn't even tell what any of the songs they played were supposed to be.

I'm gonna put "Nantucket Sleighride" on when I get home, and cry.
                      I saw Aerosmith at the Nassau Coliseum in 1978, that was one of the worst concerts I have ever attended. Almost as bad as the Cars at MSG.

Comment

To sum up I listed 19 possibilities; which you would think gives me good odds, but watch them pick somebody not on the list

QB-Mahomes
                        QB-Watson
                        RB-McCaffrey
                        WR-Williams
                        WR-Davis
                        TE-Howard
                        TE-Njoku
                        TE-Engram
                        G-Lamp
                        T-Robinson
                        T-Bolles
                        DT-Wromly
                        DE-Charlton
                        DE-Rivers
                        LB-Redd!ck
                        LB-Davis
                        LB/DE-Willis
                        LB/DE-Watt
                        LB-Bowser

Only players names I have been told specifically the Giants are high on are Mahomes, Davis (WR), Rivers, Willis and Bowser. The rest are just educated guesses.
                        Thanks J-mike you put a lot into your response .. Sorry I just now getting back to you... I've done very little research ..been sick with a cold.. What little I have done I was thinking maybe LB one of them stood out to me I think it was one of the guys that could play LB/de I like Willis ...oryy I couldn't add more J-mike....thanks again

Comment

Whoa, Nelly - didn't you originally say you'd be surprised by a first round pick of a DT?
                          Yes I did. Wormley will be used as that swing DE/DT and not strictly a DT. They like players that can get after the QB. Was hard to cut it down, they like Rivers and Willis and Bowser a lot. The seem to be trying to find that hybrid LBer they didn't get in Floyd last year. Or it could all be smoke and mindless speculation. Wormley was somebody I was informed they were really high on right before I posted that, so he was top on my mind and won out. IDK this year, very little information getting out. Very unlike the Reese Giants.

And don't call me Nelly.

Comment

Trading up for a position we don't currently need? JERRY REACH!
                            If you are drafting for current needs you are doing it wrong.

Comment

I saw Aerosmith at the Nassau Coliseum in 1978, that was one of the worst concerts I have ever attended. Almost as bad as the Cars at MSG.
                              Sounds like a "Night in the Ruts", to me.

Comment

Yes I did. Wormley will be used as that swing DE/DT and not strictly a DT. They like players that can get after the QB. Was hard to cut it down, they like Rivers and Willis and Bowser a lot. The seem to be trying to find that hybrid LBer they didn't get in Floyd last year. Or it could all be smoke and mindless speculation. Wormley was somebody I was informed they were really high on right before I posted that, so he was top on my mind and won out. IDK this year, very little information getting out. Very unlike the Reese Giants.

And don't call me Nelly.
                                I have feeling they might be "doing the worm". No one guessed Apple last season. These boards were hilarious with the WTF?s and Fire Reese! after that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X