X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    How you guys like our new WR?
    I think Marshall will do well here.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I like him very much. Seems like a good kid, great athlete and will be a weapon. Send me a picture of him with his shirt off and I can give you the final evaluation.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
        I think Marshall will do well here.
        I think he meant Engram.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
          I think he meant Engram.
          Yes my lovely....I know.....
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
            Yes my lovely....I know.....
            He looks like an incredible athlete....which is great. It's going to be hard to mess up with this offense lol

But that said....he does NOT have the build of an NFL Tight End. I was very confused when I saw him.
            Dude better start hitting up them steak burritos and packing on the pounds before he hits the gym, cuz he doesn't look like the kind of guy a LB would have an issue leveling.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              I like him very much. Seems like a good kid, great athlete and will be a weapon. Send me a picture of him with his shirt off and I can give you the final evaluation.
              As soon as he responds to my text request for one, I'll forward it to you.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Id rather a TE that could block. Watching clips vs Auburn, nothing special really but thats just one game.
                YA says it was a good pick and he fits the system. Another big target for Eli.

Comment

He looks like an incredible athlete....which is great. It's going to be hard to mess up with this offense lol

But that said....he does NOT have the build of an NFL Tight End. I was very confused when I saw him.
                  Dude better start hitting up them steak burritos and packing on the pounds before he hits the gym, cuz he doesn't look like the kind of guy a LB would have an issue leveling.
                  I agree. Only 6'3", 230? The pic of him without a shirt showed pretty poor development of his shoulders. Until he adds more productive beef he'll be easy for any LB or DE to handle. He's supposed to be quick off the line. so what he gives Eli is an immediate, short threat from the TE position. The FA, Rhett Ellison, 6'5", 250, might get more play than expected.... first downs and any double TE formations, which the Gmen have already said they want to use.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    Id rather a TE that could block. Watching clips vs Auburn, nothing special really but thats just one game.
                    YA says it was a good pick and he fits the system. Another big target for Eli.
                    Well, I agree that he's a great weapon....but, he's NOT a TE...there's no way. Just because he played TE in college? That means **** in the NFL.
                    You have to be a monster in the NFL
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                      I agree. Only 6'3", 230? The pic of him without a shirt showed pretty poor development of his shoulders. Until he adds more productive beef he'll be easy for any LB or DE to handle. He's supposed to be quick off the line. so what he gives Eli is an immediate, short threat from the TE position. The FA, Rhett Ellison, 6'5", 250, might get more play than expected.... first downs and any double TE formations, which the Gmen have already said they want to use.
                      Yea pretty much. Just means it wasn't exactly a necessary pick, just because the kid is a good receiver, ya know? How many WRs we need?? lol
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Well, I agree that he's a great weapon....but, he's NOT a TE...there's no way. Just because he played TE in college? That means **** in the NFL.
                        You have to be a monster in the NFL
                        yea, hes getting pushed around by linebackers in college so I dont expect him play much tightend.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          yea, hes getting pushed around by linebackers in college so I dont expect him play much tightend.
                          So we basically have 2 slot receivers, one just happens to be taller and heavier lol

Listen if they want him at TE, that's cool. just means he needs to beef up a lot. He's prob tall enough for it, but look at the great TEs of the past 10+ yrs.
                          They are beasts. Gronk, Graham, Walker, Witten.....they are all big dudes who do the pushing.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

So we basically have 2 slot receivers, one just happens to be taller and heavier lol

Listen if they want him at TE, that's cool. just means he needs to beef up a lot. He's prob tall enough for it, but look at the great TEs of the past 10+ yrs.
                            They are beasts. Gronk, Graham, Walker, Witten.....they are all big dudes who do the pushing.
                            Im sure he'll line up at te but he'll be running routes.

I give it a big fat meeeh for now. We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                              Even despite seeing that last night's pick confirmed that our GM is perpetuating the problem by drafting for current needs to band-aid previous draft failures?

WoW! You must be in a really good mood.
                              I'm fine with the pick. Even Eli couldn't screw this offense up.....Right?
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                                Yea I a lot of people are forgetting about Ellison, myself included.

Comment

Working...
                                X