Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone watch the Vinny Paz movie? cant remember the name....Bleed For This?
    I thought it was pretty good.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      Isn't Klitschko like 60 years old now?
      lol, article that I read the other day said 41
      But he bangs Hayden Panettiere, so he's got that going for him I guess...

bang the cheerleader, save the world....or something...
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Espn used to put the Ali fights on all the time, friday nights.
        Also youtube.
        Yes I figured that. The fights were great but it was the exposure and story lines that made it what it was.
        Ali/Frazier I was the most hyped fight in history. ( It was also a great fight) It was so all consuming that leading up to the fight you were either identified as pro Frazier or pro Ali. It was always the first thing you asked someone when you saw them.

Even with all the social media and sports channels today, which we didn't have in 1971, there has never been anything like it.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          ehhhh who am I kidding....nobody is going to watch boxing after it was ruined by dancers who don't even like fighting.....

But enough about Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            To what?
            Big Blue United.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-r37b4fwyI

Comment

Big Blue United.
                Oh...I was wondering why I don't get anything from "In Reese We Trust" anymore but I'm getting a lot from "Big Blue United".
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

You should have been around when it was Ali, Foreman, Frazier and Norton.
                  THAT was when boxing was great. No one cared about the other weight cl*****. It was all about the Heavyweights.
                  Word. Even the second tier guys were hard hitters. Ron Lye, Ernie Shavers, Jimmy Ellis, even Holmes at the end of the decade..

Comment

Many little deaths; that's likely aging him more than regenerating him.

Comment

Yes I figured that. The fights were great but it was the exposure and story lines that made it what it was.
                      Ali/Frazier I was the most hyped fight in history. ( It was also a great fight) It was so all consuming that leading up to the fight you were either identified as pro Frazier or pro Ali. It was always the first thing you asked someone when you saw them.

Even with all the social media and sports channels today, which we didn't have in 1971, there has never been anything like it.
                      I was always pro Frazier. It killed me when Foreman destroyed him. And it took me years to really appreciate Ali.

Comment

I don't watch boxing. But I'll take your word for it!
                        Only fake fights for you.

Fake or not, wrestling looks much more entertaining than boxing has been in a long long time. Boxing did themselves a disservice by making everything pay-per-view. At least from a popularity standpoint.

Comment

You gotta suuuuuck the life out everything, dontcha?
                          Maybe, but in this case he is right.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                            Only fake fights for you.

Fake or not, wrestling looks much more entertaining than boxing has been in a long long time. Boxing did themselves a disservice by making everything pay-per-view. At least from a popularity standpoint.
                            Trust me when I say there's more intended physical contact in fake wrestling than in 99% of boxing lol.
                            The whole idea in boxing now is to NOT get hit.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

She is a cutie

Comment

Trust me when I say there's more intended physical contact in fake wrestling than in 99% of boxing lol.
                                The whole idea in boxing now is to NOT get hit.
                                Well, it isn't fun to get hit in the face or stomach; so I can't really blame them.

My dad loved boxing, so I would watch a lot of fights with him, but it was never my thing. I dated a guy that was training as a boxer for a while. The whole time we were going out I couldn't stand to watch him fight. But when we broke up the memories of those fights became much more enjoyable for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X