This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Show with a conservative tilt with great ratings gets cancelled?

Hmmm.......
    Its a good show, I've seen it a few times but sitcoms aren't my thing. Been rewatching Star Trek TNG recently. While I am not saying you are definitely wrong, don't immediately assume that politics has anything to do with its cancellation. Even Buffy the Vampire Slayer had to find a new network for its final season.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      Its a good show, I've seen it a few times but sitcoms aren't my thing. Been rewatching Star Trek TNG recently. While I am not saying you are definitely wrong, don't immediately assume that politics has anything to do with its cancellation. Even Buffy the Vampire Slayer had to find a new network for its final season.
      I don't assume it but I can't say it didn't play a role either. The PC nonsense in the media is frightening.

And Pizz said it didn't have high ratings. He's wrong. It was #1 in it's time slot and had a loyal following.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I don't assume it but I can't say it didn't play a role either. The PC nonsense in the media is frightening.

And Pizz said it didn't have high ratings. He's wrong. It was #1 in it's time slot and had a loyal following.
        I'm 100% serious when I say it was one of the lowest ratings for a primetime show over the last year. Only garbage on fox had lower ratings.

http://tvline.com/2016/12/23/ratings...inners-losers/

Don't believe what people with agenda make you hear what they want you to hear. Like I said, it's been wildly overstated.

Not to mention, like I said earlier. It's likely that it was a cost vs income decision, and it didn't matter what show was there.
        Last edited by JPizzack; 05-16-2017, 02:14 PM.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Even Buffy the Vampire Slayer had to find a new network for its final season.

Years ago I had a rehearsal with this drummer at his house; he was only in his 20's and living with his folks. Anyway, the band comes in and we're about to play when I noticed he had a Buffy the Vampire book sitting there. I was aware of who Sarah Michelle Geller was and I picked up the book and flipped through the pages and said to him "What the hell? There aren't any pictures in this book." He said "I know." I said "So....you're actually reading this book? As opposed to checking out Buffy's pics or something?"
          We didn't play together again.....
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
            Years ago I had a rehearsal with this drummer at his house; he was only in his 20's and living with his folks. Anyway, the band comes in and we're about to play when I noticed he had a Buffy the Vampire book sitting there. I was aware of who Sarah Michelle Geller was and I picked up the book and flipped through the pages and said to him "What the hell? There aren't any pictures in this book." He said "I know." I said "So....you're actually reading this book? As opposed to checking out Buffy's pics or something?"
            We didn't play together again.....
            lmao

These guys rag on me, but when I was in...I wanna say middle school when that came out. I loved that show. I only watched the first 2 seasons, but yea, it was excellent.

That said, the show doesn't really hold up.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              lmao

These guys rag on me, but when I was in...I wanna say middle school when that came out. I loved that show. I only watched the first 2 seasons, but yea, it was excellent.

That said, the show doesn't really hold up.
              pffft...holds up just fine. Best television show ever by a fairly wide margin.

Comment

pffft...holds up just fine. Best television show ever by a fairly wide margin.
                haha, that's fine by me.
                I don't know why I stopped watching it. I think once I was in high school, I started working, and just had no free time.
                I like the first 2 seasons though.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  haha, that's fine by me.
                  I don't know why I stopped watching it. I think once I was in high school, I started working, and just had no free time.
                  I like the first 2 seasons though.
                  4th season was a bit rough IMO but everything else was excellent. Even that 4th season which was by far the worst was significantly better than any other show to ever air on television. The show was just that good.

Comment

4th season was a bit rough IMO but everything else was excellent. Even that 4th season which was by far the worst was significantly better than any other show to ever air on television. The show was just that good.
                    to each their own. even as an admitted fan, there are like 20 other shows that I've liked more since then.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I'd like, for one day, for the media to stfu about Russia. They sound so stupid.

Comment

Last season I saw was when the principle turned into a big worm.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          I'd like, for one day, for the media to stfu about Russia. They sound so stupid.
                          ehh?
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                            Well, of course it was sucking... you were absent. You were considering recent collaborations on here since we were shut down for 3 days and nothing exciting was happening because we were missing your unique contribution of humor to all of our lives.
                            Oh hello Zimbabwe!
                            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              They are still PO'd that Trump won the election. Still kind of surprised the Dems ran the only candidate they had that was less liked and less likely to be elected than Trump. Then the act surprised when they lose. Its like entering the kentucky derby with a blind 3 legged horse and being surprised you didn't win.

Comment

They are still PO'd that Trump won the election. Still kind of surprised the Dems ran the only candidate they had that was less liked and less likely to be elected than Trump. Then the act surprised when they lose. Its like entering the kentucky derby with a blind 3 legged horse and being surprised you didn't win.
                                It's childish... payback for the years that the Reps didn't cooperate with Obama.
                                So, the media, which is predominantly Liberal ownership, will make an issue of everything Trump does... and, we'll all be mired in this hate competition, with attack on individuals, instead of working together to accomplish something for us all.
                                Our country is so handicapped by hate between our parties, that they cannot work together on an issue and hammer out a bipartisan agreement that works for the most Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X