X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    Zim-
    Our world is handicapped by hate. Always has been. Always will be (I mean I think so unless a new way of thinking is adapted by a future generation...)

People are getting more and more frustrated; I see it every day with road rage, people cutting in line, basic human decency is pretty much over in most urban areas.

I'm not going to play the politics game, but I will tell you I know quite a few Trump voters, and do you know that EVERY single one I asked why they were voting for him answered: "Because I'm tired of getting screwed on my taxes and having to pay for stuff I don't believe in."

Ok.

Now, I do not support one party. I am an independent; I'll vote for whoever I think is the best for the job.

But the Trump voters I spoke to came off as selfish and racist....that was my experience.

Hillary was no joy to cast a vote for. But I believe we would've been better off, at least for 4 years....
    As a "Never Trumper" who wrote in John Kasich, I have found nothing like that at all.

I know plenty of Trump voters who are fine people. Mostly they just wanted a good justice for the Supreme Court which we got.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I have found nothing like that at all.

I know plenty of Trump voters who are fine people. .

I'm not saying every person that voted for Trump is a selfish racist ahole, I'm sure there are plenty of good people who had their own reasons.

I'm saying I can count 3 neighbors, 2 cousins, and 4 friends who all voted for Trump and their reasons were all the same: " I want my taxes to go down and I'm tired of giving my money to the government for stuff I don't want (i.e. any kind of liberal programs etc.)"

To each their own.
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I'm not saying every person that voted for Trump is a selfish racist ahole, I'm sure there are plenty of good people who had their own reasons.

I'm saying I can count 3 neighbors, 2 cousins, and 4 friends who all voted for Trump and their reasons were all the same: " I want my taxes to go down and I'm tired of giving my money to the government for stuff I don't want (i.e. any kind of liberal programs etc.)"

To each their own.
        Wanting taxes to go down and wanting a smaller government is racist?....Really???
        Besides the judge, most of the folks I talked to were just sick of politics as usual and wanted a big time shake up, and they were willing to take a risk on Trump.
        But Trump is a fool. I've never seen so many self inflicted wounds in such a short time. The thought of bringing in an outsider wasn't a bad one. He was just the wrong outsider.

Comment

Wanting taxes to go down and wanting a smaller government is racist?....Really???
          Besides the judge, most of the folks I talked to were just sick of politics as usual and wanted a big time shake up, and they were willing to take a risk on Trump.
          But Trump is a fool. I've never seen so many self inflicted wounds in such a short time. The thought of bringing in an outsider wasn't a bad one. He was just the wrong outsider.

No I wasn't clear; there were a few racist comments I heard from them but that was seperate from their reasons of taxes etc.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

No I wasn't clear; there were a few racist comments I heard from them but that was seperate from their reasons of taxes etc.
            No offense but the word "racist" is thrown around these days like it's nothing. I'm sick of it.

Comment

To each their own.
              His personality is impossible to embrace, and I didn't think he could have possibly gotten elected - but I thought the issues he brought up before the election were good for the process to be aired. I am anxious to see the tax bracket breakdown - we're lower middle class at best, and what he proposes might make it the first year we will not have to pay extra come April. The whole immigration and bigotry thing is ironic - seeing how so many of these people he wants to keep out are highly intolerant, to the point of extreme violence, towards other peoples.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                His personality is impossible to embrace, and I didn't think he could have possibly gotten elected - but I thought the issues he brought up before the election were good for the process to be aired. I am anxious to see the tax bracket breakdown - we're lower middle class at best, and what he proposes might make it the first year we will not have to pay extra come April. The whole immigration and bigotry thing is ironic - seeing how so many of these people he wants to keep out are highly intolerant, to the point of extreme violence, towards other peoples.
                There will be no tax reform. There will be no healthcare reform.
                The WH is in too much turmoil. This moron has ****ed it up for folks like me who believe in limited government and returning power back to the citizens.

Comment

No offense but the word "racist" is thrown around these days like it's nothing. I'm sick of it.
                  Its been beaten to death. Its lost all meaning.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                    It's childish... payback for the years that the Reps didn't cooperate with Obama.
                    So, the media, which is predominantly Liberal ownership, will make an issue of everything Trump does... and, we'll all be mired in this hate competition, with attack on individuals, instead of working together to accomplish something for us all.
                    Our country is so handicapped by hate between our parties, that they cannot work together on an issue and hammer out a bipartisan agreement that works for the most Americans.
                    The media has turned it up to 11 for every little thing Trump does since the election. I am deaf to their noise now. I still love that CNN admitted publically that they did everything they could to get Hillary elected. Gotta love that unbiased media out there.

Comment

My wife and I loved Buffy. We raised our grand daughter who was 4 when Buffy started. She wanted us to call her Buffy. Buffy was her hero and her idol. Hahaha. We were always big Vampire flick fans. One of the best overall music scores ever for a movie just happens to be, IMO, from The Lost Boys. (my all time music score fav is Highlander/Queen)
                      The Highlander soundtrack is great, so is the movie.
                      Last edited by jmike; 05-17-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Zim-
                        Our world is handicapped by hate. Always has been. Always will be (I mean I think so unless a new way of thinking is adapted by a future generation...)

People are getting more and more frustrated; I see it every day with road rage, people cutting in line, basic human decency is pretty much over in most urban areas.

I'm not going to play the politics game, but I will tell you I know quite a few Trump voters, and do you know that EVERY single one I asked why they were voting for him answered: "Because I'm tired of getting screwed on my taxes and having to pay for stuff I don't believe in."

Ok.

Now, I do not support one party. I am an independent; I'll vote for whoever I think is the best for the job.

But the Trump voters I spoke to came off as selfish and racist....that was my experience.

Hillary was no joy to cast a vote for. But I believe we would've been better off, at least for 4 years....
                        Um, how does your quote sound selfish and racist? Sounds financially responsible to me. If the other candidate supports programs that you disagree with and will force you to pay for them with your taxes, you don't vote for them. That isn't selfish or racist, that is just logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          The media has turned it up to 11 for every little thing Trump does since the election. I am deaf to their noise now. I still love that CNN admitted publically that they did everything they could to get Hillary elected. Gotta love that unbiased media out there.
                          You can't get a straight answer from anyone anymore.
                          CNN and MSNBC hate Trump with a passion and Fox News is up his ***.

There is no real media anymore. Their job used to be to inform. Now it's to persuade. Or at least preach to their selected Congregations.

Comment

My theory is they have their magnifying glass on Trump so they never have/had to report on the Dem primary being rigged for Hillary. Thats a big friggin deal and most dem voters couldn't care less. That is insane to me and I can't believe there wasn't more backlash from dem voters.

Comment

lol, Joe. I've been registered Independent since 1967. Have voted for 7 Dems and 5 Rep. Presidents. I hated both Hillary and Donald. It was the most difficult choice I've had to make in politics.
                              You didn't have to vote for either of them you know.

I would say on basic estimation, 95 percent of the people I have discussed the election at all with, have liked neither candidate. Yet nearly all of them voted for one of them. To me that is incredibly stupid and is creating the problem everyone is complaining about.

Comment

You didn't have to vote for either of them you know.
                                lol you yelled at me and said I was part of the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X