This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
    Is your left tit knee high to grasshopper?
    huh? I don't know what that means.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      Um, how does your quote sound selfish and racist? Sounds financially responsible to me. If the other candidate supports programs that you disagree with and will force you to pay for them with your taxes, you don't vote for them. That isn't selfish or racist, that is just logic.
      Read my other post; I wasn't clear in my statement. The thing about taxes and such were separate from the racist comments I heard.

The racist comments I heard included: "I hope he builds that wall I'm sick of all these ________ coming here."
      "Ban all Muslims from coming to this country they're gonna just blow us up."
      etc.
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        You didn't have to vote for either of them you know.

I would say on basic estimation, 95 percent of the people I have discussed the election at all with, have liked neither candidate. Yet nearly all of them voted for one of them. To me that is incredibly stupid and is creating the problem everyone is complaining about.
        This is absolutely true. The vast majority of folks I talked to before the election believed that neither candidate was any good.

As I've said, I didn't vote for either one of them. I voted for John Kasich. I wish he was President right now.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
          Read my other post; I wasn't clear in my statement. The thing about taxes and such were separate from the racist comments I heard.

The racist comments I heard included: "I hope he builds that wall I'm sick of all these ________ coming here."
          "Ban all Muslims from coming to this country they're gonna just blow us up."
          etc.
          Where the hell do you live?
          I haven't heard a single person say anything close to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Where the hell do you live?
            I haven't heard a single person say anything close to that.
            You've gotta be kidding me....you haven't heard comments like these? Where do YOU live?? Disneyland?

I live in NJ.
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

No offense but the word "racist" is thrown around these days like it's nothing. I'm sick of it.
              agreed

When people learned I didn't support Hillary I was called all kinds of things from racist, to self loathing anti femenist (which I never realized was a thing), but whatever, the "tolorance" shown by the far left (which unfortunately these days is the majority of the left) is truely amazing. I find myself constantly reminding my "feminists" friends that feminism should be about equality not female domination. I am not going to vote for a female candidate simply because she is female. While I would love to see a woman president, I don't think having a vagina is the sole qualification to get my vote. That doesn't make me a self loathing racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                Where zat?
                locust valley

Comment

You've gotta be kidding me....you haven't heard comments like these? Where do YOU live?? Disneyland?

I live in NJ.
                  Evidently I hang out with a better class of people.

Comment

As a "Never Trumper" who wrote in John Kasich, I have found nothing like that at all.

I know plenty of Trump voters who are fine people. Mostly they just wanted a good justice for the Supreme Court which we got.
                    In this context good = consistent with my ideology

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      lol you yelled at me and said I was part of the problem.
                      You are.

Comment

Evidently I hang out with a better class of people.
                        What? Red Sox fans? lol

j/k....sometimes you can't choose who your neighbors are, you know? I don't "hang out" with them....but if I'm out there mowing my lawn and they're walking their dog, I say hello and if they start up a conversation that includes these comments, it's not because I asked for them to.
                        "No...I didn't."

Comment

I live in NJ.
                          I see it on tv. I never heard that personally. I'v heard people say we need to do something about illegals and people over staying their visa. Also better screening for refugees and people from certain Muslim countries that don't like us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            In this context good = consistent with my ideology
                            See I don't care about a judge's ideology.
                            I care about his respect for the constitution and the law.
                            When Gorshuch said "a judge that likes every outcome is probably a bad judge". ..... that is prophecy that all Americans need to understand. It's not your point of view that matters. It's the application of the law and the Constitution.

Ultimately good appellate judges have to believe two things for me.

1. The Constitution says what it says.
                            2. Lawmaking needs to be in the hands of lawmakers.

Comment

This is absolutely true. The vast majority of folks I talked to before the election believed that neither candidate was any good.

As I've said, I didn't vote for either one of them. I voted for John Kasich. I wish he was President right now.
                              I ended up voting for Johnson. I was considering writing in for Kasich as I did prefer him and Cruz to Trump and even Johnson (Weld would have been better than Johnson), but I thought if there was a year to get a significant support behind a 3rd party, this was it. If everyone who didn't like either candidate voted for the 3rd party, we'd have a libertarian president right now. But I knew that wasn't going to happen, I was just hoping for enough to get the major parties to take notice and make some changes to their selection process in the future. I would like to have an affirmative reason to vote for a candidate, the notion of voting for "the lesser of two evils" is not good enough for me and shouldn't be for anybody.

Comment

What? Red Sox fans? lol

j/k....sometimes you can't choose who your neighbors are, you know? I don't "hang out" with them....but if I'm out there mowing my lawn and they're walking their dog, I say hello and if they start up a conversation that includes these comments, it's not because I asked for them to.
                                There are jaggoffs of every political stripe. No party or point of view has a monopoly on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X