This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    I ended up voting for Johnson. I was considering writing in for Kasich as I did prefer him and Cruz to Trump and even Johnson (Weld would have been better than Johnson), but I thought if there was a year to get a significant support behind a 3rd party, this was it. If everyone who didn't like either candidate voted for the 3rd party, we'd have a libertarian president right now. But I knew that wasn't going to happen, I was just hoping for enough to get the major parties to take notice and make some changes to their selection process in the future. I would like to have an affirmative reason to vote for a candidate, the notion of voting for "the lesser of two evils" is not good enough for me and shouldn't be for anybody.
    Gary Johnson lost me with his naivete of foreign policy. The problem with some Libertarian politicians is they seem to focus on a small number of issues.
    The irony is I am probably closer to their POV than either major party.

I don't really like Rand Paul that much but I agree with him on many issues. He just doesn't have the right temperament for me.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      I see it on tv. I never heard that personally.

What I've always found amazing (in a bad way) is the way some people feel free to spew their bigoted comments while talking to me just because I'm white thinking that I would share the same feelings as them......

I live in a town that is lower middle class. It is also mostly white. That's not the reason I moved here. The reason is my wife and I got a great deal on a small house we could afford on a quiet street that we felt safe raising our kids in.

When these people start talking their trash, I just change the subject immediately....oh yeah: one of them is also a Dallas fan. Come to think of it, there aren't any Giants fans I know on this block.
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        There are jaggoffs of every political stripe. No party or point of view has a monopoly on it.
        Yes I agree....when Trump was elected and people were rioting I said that is the exact opposite of what people should be doing.
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

You can't get a straight answer from anyone anymore.
          CNN and MSNBC hate Trump with a passion and Fox News is up his ***.

There is no real media anymore. Their job used to be to inform. Now it's to persuade. Or at least preach to their selected Congregations.
          I think I have mentioned before that I have a friend who is trying to make it as an actor in LA. Mostly unsucessfully, he got a 3 episode speaking role on a daytime soap and some extra work in movies; his only consistent acting work is as a "on the street interview" for the news stations. He is given his point of view on a card and is then "interviewed" after being "randomly" asked on the street by the mobile reporter. I find it very funny, he sends me links of his clips. My favorite was when he did a morning and evening report for the same news station in two different roles presenting conflicting points of view on the same day.

So people must forgive me when I call BS on what qualifies as "news reporting" on TV these days.
          Last edited by jmike; 05-17-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

See I don't care about a judge's ideology.
            I care about his respect for the constitution and the law.
            When Gorshuch said "a judge that likes every outcome is probably a bad judge". ..... that is prophecy that all Americans need to understand. It's not your point of view that matters. It's the application of the law and the Constitution.

Ultimately good appellate judges have to believe two things for me.

1. The Constitution says what it says.
            2. Lawmaking needs to be in the hands of lawmakers.
            It is a crazy world when you and I agree on things, but I agree with you 100% here.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
              The whole immigration and bigotry thing is ironic - seeing how so many of these people he wants to keep out are highly intolerant, to the point of extreme violence, towards other peoples.
              I strongly and completely disagree with this.

Comment

The media has turned it up to 11 for every little thing Trump does since the election. I am deaf to their noise now. I still love that CNN admitted publically that they did everything they could to get Hillary elected. Gotta love that unbiased media out there.
                We all know that there is no unbiased media. That hasn't existed in this country in over 50 years

Comment

• I'v also noticed that many of these so called news stories always seem to have an abundance of "unnamed sources".

Comment

I'v also noticed that many of these so called news stories always seem to have an abundance of "unnamed sources".
                    That is code for, "what we are about to say is utter bull**** intended to keep you watching or tune in to the follow up story later this evening." Due to the need to fit in more commercials they shortened it to "unnamed sources".

Comment

Um, how does your quote sound selfish and racist? Sounds financially responsible to me. If the other candidate supports programs that you disagree with and will force you to pay for them with your taxes, you don't vote for them. That isn't selfish or racist, that is just logic.
                      I hate the simplistic idiocy that now pervades in this country where people believe that we get to only pay taxes for things we directly utilize. I'm all for a much smaller government but the real issue is not whether there is a need for common sense things like health care and essential services, it's where does all the money get spent such that these very basic items can not be funded?

Comment

My theory is they have their magnifying glass on Trump so they never have/had to report on the Dem primary being rigged for Hillary. Thats a big friggin deal and most dem voters couldn't care less. That is insane to me and I can't believe there wasn't more backlash from dem voters.
                        Yeah....no.

The reason there was no backlash is because more democrats voted for her, plain and simple. You generally don't get an uprising when the majority gets their way. Plus, that's their system. Trumps payed the system to win the general election but did;t win the popular vote. Them's the rules.

I don't like the guy but he won fair and square so I support his election and hope he doesn't screw the country up thew way he has ****ed up his previous endeavors.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                          Read my other post; I wasn't clear in my statement. The thing about taxes and such were separate from the racist comments I heard.

The racist comments I heard included: "I hope he builds that wall I'm sick of all these ________ coming here."
                          "Ban all Muslims from coming to this country they're gonna just blow us up."
                          etc.

Those people are morons and hypocrites, primarily because nearly all of them are descendants of immigrants themselves.

Comment

agreed

When people learned I didn't support Hillary I was called all kinds of things from racist, to self loathing anti femenist (which I never realized was a thing), but whatever, the "tolorance" shown by the far left (which unfortunately these days is the majority of the left) is truely amazing. I find myself constantly reminding my "feminists" friends that feminism should be about equality not female domination. I am not going to vote for a female candidate simply because she is female. While I would love to see a woman president, I don't think having a vagina is the sole qualification to get my vote. That doesn't make me a self loathing racist.
                            lol, true. I generally don't like or agree with conservatives but I really hate liberals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                              lol, true. I generally don't like or agree with conservatives but I really hate liberals.
                              More importantly...How come no one wants to buy my Marshall Valvestate head on Craig's list?
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                Yeah....no.

The reason there was no backlash is because more democrats voted for her, plain and simple. You generally don't get an uprising when the majority gets their way. Plus, that's their system. Trumps payed the system to win the general election but did;t win the popular vote. Them's the rules.

I don't like the guy but he won fair and square so I support his election and hope he doesn't screw the country up thew way he has ****ed up his previous endeavors.
                                Eh I disagree, Bernie had a huge following. Well never really know because it was rigged but the reason voters don't care is because most are partisan and it's their party. Focusing on Trumps negatives is something they can all rally around and it has worked well.

Comment

Working...
                                X