This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    More importantly...How come no one wants to buy my Marshall Valvestate head on Craig's list?

Nobody's using craigslist anymore....too many scammers
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

See I don't care about a judge's ideology.
      I care about his respect for the constitution and the law.
      When Gorshuch said "a judge that likes every outcome is probably a bad judge". ..... that is prophecy that all Americans need to understand. It's not your point of view that matters. It's the application of the law and the Constitution.

Ultimately good appellate judges have to believe two things for me.

1. The Constitution says what it says.
      2. Lawmaking needs to be in the hands of lawmakers.

I agree with that but it's just talk. Let's see if his decisions are consistent with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        I ended up voting for Johnson. I was considering writing in for Kasich as I did prefer him and Cruz to Trump and even Johnson (Weld would have been better than Johnson), but I thought if there was a year to get a significant support behind a 3rd party, this was it. If everyone who didn't like either candidate voted for the 3rd party, we'd have a libertarian president right now. But I knew that wasn't going to happen, I was just hoping for enough to get the major parties to take notice and make some changes to their selection process in the future. I would like to have an affirmative reason to vote for a candidate, the notion of voting for "the lesser of two evils" is not good enough for me and shouldn't be for anybody.
        I voted Johnson as well. Sure he knows very, very little but that just puts him on equal footing with the current president.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          I agree with that but it's just talk. Let's see if his decisions are consistent with that.
          His career so far has been.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Eagles got Blout.

Comment

I voted Johnson as well. Sure he knows very, very little but that just puts him on equal footing with the current president.
              Gary Johnson knows significantly more than Donald Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                Eagles got Blout.
                Perfect landing spot for him....and the Eagles.

That hurts us. I really think Philly will be the surprise team this coming season. They have quietly helped themselves significantly.

Comment

Eagles got Blout.
                  As I said in the thread: if the Giants really wanted him they would've got him.
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

More importantly...How come no one wants to buy my Marshall Valvestate head on Craig's list?

I don't know but I agree, that is more important.

Ask Fez, maybe because Craigslist is now only used for finding hookers to kill? Did you list it on Reverb also?

Comment

Ask Fez, maybe because Craigslist is now only used for finding hookers to kill? Did you list it on Reverb also?
                      I've bought a couple things from Reverb.com but never listed anything. I'd rather deal locally, but it may be worth a try.

Comment

Eh I disagree, Bernie had a huge following. Well never really know because it was rigged but the reason voters don't care is because most are partisan and it's their party. Focusing on Trumps negatives is something they can all rally around and it has worked well.

He had a loud following, not the same as huge. Just look at the number of votes cast, it's not a complicated equation.

Plus, he's not electable. The guy has been on the government teat for 30 years and has accomplished essentially nothing. How many bills has he sponsored? put forth? How many got traction or approved? You can count them on one hand.

Trump beat the more realistic (albeit distasteful) candidate. He would have trounced Sanders. He might have even won the popular vote in that scenario.

Comment

Nah son, I get out there and prowl.

Comment

His career so far has been.

We'll see. Strict literalism with regard to the Constitution may be highly subjective since the document does not contemplate many current issues.

Comment

Nah son, I get out there and prowl.

Comment

• What tunes you listening to?

Comment

Working...
                                X