X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently listening to Sinatra radio on Pandora

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      I hate the simplistic idiocy that now pervades in this country where people believe that we get to only pay taxes for things we directly utilize. I'm all for a much smaller government but the real issue is not whether there is a need for common sense things like health care and essential services, it's where does all the money get spent such that these very basic items can not be funded?
      That isn't what I am talking about. I pay taxes for whatever my taxes go to whether I agree with them or not. When it comes to voting isn't it simply logical to vote for somebody who supports the things I agree my taxes should go to and doesn't support the things I don't want to pay for? Or more simply, vote for somebody who shares your views on the government's role and responsibilities?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Eh I disagree, Bernie had a huge following. Well never really know because it was rigged but the reason voters don't care is because most are partisan and it's their party. Focusing on Trumps negatives is something they can all rally around and it has worked well.
        Who would head such a....protest/investigation? There's not enough dems in office to make a splash, not to mention it's too late. I figure most of them are trying to make sure the country doesn't implode at the moment lol
        Yes, they should be heated.....but, it'd be wasted focus nearly a year later.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

What tunes you listening to?

Dig:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOk_1ZeSBe0
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

He had a loud following, not the same as huge. Just look at the number of votes cast, it's not a complicated equation.

Plus, he's not electable. The guy has been on the government teat for 30 years and has accomplished essentially nothing. How many bills has he sponsored? put forth? How many got traction or approved? You can count them on one hand.

Trump beat the more realistic (albeit distasteful) candidate. He would have trounced Sanders. He might have even won the popular vote in that scenario.
            IDK, Sanders might have pulled out the victory there. I think he had a much better chance than Hillary, who in my estimation had no chance. I said back when it looked like the primaries was going her way that we would have a republican president no matter who got the nomination. Sanders though would have been as much of a mess as either of the other two. His tax and spending program would have had lower middle class sending 65% of their income to the goverment and it would only go up from there. Nothing he wants would ever pass congress, even if 100% of both were democrats and we should all be thankful for that.

Comment

We'll see. Strict literalism with regard to the Constitution may be highly subjective since the document does not contemplate many current issues.
              Nor was it designed to.
              The Constitution is a document that applies to the role of government and the freedom of it's people. These are timeless concepts.

Elected politicians, who answer to the citizens of this country are there to contemplate today's issues. When courts do it's called tyranny, because they are NOT accountable to us.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Nor was it designed to.
                The Constitution is a document that applies to the role of government and the freedom of it's people. These are timeless concepts.

Elected politicians, who answer to the citizens of this country are there to contemplate today's issues. When courts do it's called tyranny, because they are NOT accountable to us.
                I think it is a shame how terribly misunderstood the Bill of Rights is by the majority of Americans. Next person who says the 2nd amendment is there to allow us to hunt will be force fed a copy of the constituion and bill of rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  I think it is a shame how terribly misunderstood the Bill of Rights is by the majority of Americans. Next person who says the 2nd amendment is there to allow us to hunt will be force fed a copy of the constituion and bill of rights.
                  Yea.....call me crazy, but I don't think we have a lot of organized local militias to protect against a tyrannical government.....

And if we do, those people are likely viewed as bat**** crazy.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3169143

"400? You're right."

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                      As I am positive you know, the Second Amendment is about empowering the citizenry if the government becomes tyrannical.

Now I just look at it as the people seizing control of their lives.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        Yea.....call me crazy, but I don't think we have a lot of organized local militias to protect against a tyrannical government.....
                        Then thats our own fault.

Comment

Then thats our own fault.
                          In Trump's America, no doubt. "We're not doing this the old fashioned way of passing laws.....WE GOIN' INTA BUSINESS FOR OURSELVES!!!"

But yea, it'd be different if we had ALWAYS had state militias or something. But in this day and age, it would never happen.....it'd be filled with people who just wanna shoot ****.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

is that the one where the guy was like "I had my suspicions! It was the gap! It's only you and Strahan!" ?
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

And if we do, those people are likely viewed as bat**** crazy.
                              It was put into the bill of rights to allow for the citizens to protect themselves from a tyranical government. Had nothing to do with hunting. If you think it is an amendment that no longer has a place in today's society, as many do, than you will be among the first victims when it becomes painfully obvious that you were wrong.

Comment

In Trump's America, no doubt. "We're not doing this the old fashioned way of passing laws.....WE GOIN' INTA BUSINESS FOR OURSELVES!!!"

But yea, it'd be different if we had ALWAYS had state militias or something. But in this day and age, it would never happen.....it'd be filled with people who just wanna shoot ****.
                                Nothing to do with Trump.
                                You dont think there were idiots around in the 1790's that just wanted to shoot ****? Just like every other group, most gun owners are responsible law abiding citizens.

Comment

Working...
                                X