This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yes but your comments were made with disdain.
    Most things aimed at you certainly are
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
      Your friend YA always alludes to knowing Mara since he was knee high to grasshopper.
      ok, still don't know what that means; but I still think he couldn't be more FOS if he was the only port-a-potty at a chili festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        ok, still don't know what that means; but I still think he couldn't be more FOS if he was the only port-a-potty at a chili festival.
        lol
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

The issue with the gun laws is they are not being properly enforced. Many seem to be under the deluded notion that if they create new gun laws they suddenly will become good at enforcing those. Any of the new and many of the current gun laws are only effective in keeping law abiding citzens from owning and obtaining firearms and have had nearly zero effect on criminal behavior in relation to guns. Many people (Piers Morgan) want assault rifle only gun laws which is beyond idiocy since less than one percent of the gun crime involves assault rifles. They don't want to restrict hand guns, which is responsible for nearly all of the gun crime and a hand gun in the home is statistically more likely to injure or kill a member of that home's family than an intruder in the home.

Assault rifles moreso than hand guns are protected by that 2nd amendment, since if the government does go tyranical it will at minimum what we will need to protect ourselves. In fact in today's day and age if you really want to keep the bill of rights up to date with the changes in society, you should allow private ownership of tanks, heavy artillary weapons, RPGs, assault helicopters, offensive aircraft, etc... because if a tyranical government is going to suppress its citizens it will not bring only handguns into the fray to make it a fair fight.
          If politicians really wanted to curb "gun violence" they should pass a law that gives out a 5 year mandatory prison sentence for anyone in possession of an illegal fire arm. Homicides by firearms would plummet.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            If politicians really wanted to curb "gun violence" they should pass a law that gives out a 5 year mandatory prison sentence for anyone in possession of an illegal fire arm. Homicides by firearms would plummet.
            Not sure it would have any effect on homicides in total. When it comes to homicides, deterrents have been historically unsuccessful in impact. Homicides happen in general 4 3 reasons:

1-Act of passion: By sheer definition a deterrent has no effect since a person has lost control in this situation.
            2-For profit: A person who goes into the murder for hire business is not expecting to be caught, so a deterrent is ineffective
            3-Compulsion: People who are compulsively driven to kill will not stop because of a severe deterrent

These are the same reasons the death penalty has no impact on murder rates.

Comment

That isn't what I am talking about. I pay taxes for whatever my taxes go to whether I agree with them or not. When it comes to voting isn't it simply logical to vote for somebody who supports the things I agree my taxes should go to and doesn't support the things I don't want to pay for? Or more simply, vote for somebody who shares your views on the government's role and responsibilities?

Of course it is. I was using your post as a jumping off point for my rant; it was not my intention to accuse you of espousing that line of thought. Sorry if you felt I was.

Comment

• Anybody going on vacation this summer?
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

IDK, Sanders might have pulled out the victory there. I think he had a much better chance than Hillary, who in my estimation had no chance. I said back when it looked like the primaries was going her way that we would have a republican president no matter who got the nomination. Sanders though would have been as much of a mess as either of the other two. His tax and spending program would have had lower middle class sending 65% of their income to the goverment and it would only go up from there. Nothing he wants would ever pass congress, even if 100% of both were democrats and we should all be thankful for that.

Bernie is a lovely idealistic fantasy but that's where it ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                    Anybody going on vacation this summer?
                    Yea, I'm going to Myrtle Beach in early august.
                    All I got planned so far, but that could change, considering my excessive amounts of time off.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Nor was it designed to.
                      The Constitution is a document that applies to the role of government and the freedom of it's people. These are timeless concepts.

Elected politicians, who answer to the citizens of this country are there to contemplate today's issues. When courts do it's called tyranny, because they are NOT accountable to us.

You and I disagree on the reality of politics.

Conceptually I agree with you but given how much the government has already intruded into a citizen's private life, extracting that now seems impossibly messy. The Constitution doesn't contemplate homosexuality but I expect the courts will continue to pass down decisions on the rights of these individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Funny stuff. The first guy said Gardner was his favorite player. And I thought Mets fans were stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                          Dezz, you literally own both those things......
                          You ****ing liberal hippy
                          It's a big part of why he is so lovable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            It's a big part of why he is so lovable.
                            Im civilized and dont use them as weapons. Thats what the 9mm and the deuce deuce are for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                              Of course it is. I was using your post as a jumping off point for my rant; it was not my intention to accuse you of espousing that line of thought. Sorry if you felt I was.
                              Ah, ok, sorry for misunderstanding

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                                Anybody going on vacation this summer?
                                yes

Comment

Working...
                                X