This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
    Do you know Allen's Pickles in Glen Cove? We used to chip in and buy barrels of their awesome product, when I worked at Slant/Fin. I read they are going to start selling in small buckets, this summer. Check it out, they make the best I've had.
    I'm aware of them, their place is only about 5 minutes from me. But I've never had occasion to buy them. You had a good system. If they are selling smaller batches now I will definitely check them out. thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      Bernie is a lovely idealistic fantasy but that's where it ends.
      I think he watched star trek TNG for his economic policies

Comment

You and I disagree on the reality of politics.

Conceptually I agree with you but given how much the government has already intruded into a citizen's private life, extracting that now seems impossibly messy. The Constitution doesn't contemplate homosexuality but I expect the courts will continue to pass down decisions on the rights of these individuals.
        In my view the courts aren't there to contemplate homosexuality. That is for us as citizens and our elected representatives. While I completely support gay marraige, I disagree with the Massachusetts supreme court and later the US supreme court that ANY kind of marriage is constitutionally protected. Even under the concept of equal protection under the law.

This is where I guess we disagree...on the role of the judiciary. It's not there to set policy. It's there to referee the laws passed by lawmakers as to their legality and constitutionality. The "wisdom" of policy MUST be left with those directly accountable to the citizens.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
          Anybody going on vacation this summer?

Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            Im civilized and dont use them as weapons. Thats what the 9mm and the deuce deuce are for.
            Good. I was worried you were going to try to poke my eye out.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              Ah, ok, sorry for misunderstanding
              ; )

Comment

You and I disagree on the reality of politics.

Conceptually I agree with you but given how much the government has already intruded into a citizen's private life, extracting that now seems impossibly messy. The Constitution doesn't contemplate homosexuality but I expect the courts will continue to pass down decisions on the rights of these individuals.
                What's funny is I don't support gay marriage as it relates to the federal government. Not because I am against a union in which I am a part, but because I am against the government recognizing any marriage. I feel the gov't as a rule ****s up anything it touches when it comes to social policies and I think they need to keep their hands off the family structure. Due to stupid programs put into place I know people who refuse to get married because they get better benefits as a single parent each than they would as a married couple with 2 kids. You know what prisons are full of? People who were raised by single mothers and you have multiple levels of government incentivizing that exact situation. There is a notion rampent in many cities for high school aged girls in low income families, this notion is to get pregnant by the time you graduate and get your governement money. They are trying to get pregnant out of wedlock. So yes, please big government, get out of the home.

Comment

Yes
                  Montauk?
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Montauk?
                    gesundheit

Comment

• 3.2/10
                      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                      "No...I didn't."
                      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        In my view the courts aren't there to contemplate homosexuality. That is for us as citizens and our elected representatives. While I completely support gay marraige, I disagree with the Massachusetts supreme court and later the US supreme court that ANY kind of marriage is constitutionally protected. Even under the concept of equal protection under the law.

This is where I guess we disagree...on the role of the judiciary. It's not there to set policy. It's there to referee the laws passed by lawmakers as to their legality and constitutionality. The "wisdom" of policy MUST be left with those directly accountable to the citizens.

Actually based on this, we don't disagree. But the issue of business (specifically insurance along with some other descending rights) have to be ruled upon somewhere because that door has been opened.

Comment

3.2/10
                          sigh

16/50

Comment

Montauk?
                            LOL, well played. No.

Probably only the NJ shore for a week and Wisconsin for a week. And a lot of staying home and drinking with Pizz and Fez.

But not at the same time of course.

Comment

• You guys hang out?
                              "No...I didn't."

Comment

Actually based on this, we don't disagree. But the issue of business (specifically insurance along with some other descending rights) have to be ruled upon somewhere because that door has been opened.
                                Health insurance is not a constitutional right. If the Congress wants to pass a law giving everyone health care they can and it would be constitutional, if not bad policy, but the "right" simply does not exist.

I know snowflakes like Pizz would disagree but there it is anyway.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X