This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• try again.
    Here is a photo my daughter took of Chris Cornell at the show I mentioned. She really loved the guy. It's actually a great picture.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      Well, I'm older than you, and while Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and other bands labled as "grunge" back in the early 90's were never really my thing, I'm not understanding the hate for Pearl Jam, unless of course you were being sarcastic.
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        We'll make a libertarian out of you yet.......

I once almost registered Libertarian until I realized they were mostly nuts. Thank god I didn't; I love being non party registered.

I am all in on the Libertarian agenda, anything that shrinks the federal government is OK In my book; it just needs some mainstreaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          He had a great voice. He always remindsme of John Fogerty

I always liked him. I also felt that he was - for that style of music - a bit of a crooner.

Comment

**** pearl jam......

they are the Flo Rida of grunge, lol. so whack

Poor Flo Rida. Does a charity gig and all he gets is abuse.

I'm not saying it's not deserved....

Comment

it's too damn hot already.........let's see how long before I'm "allowed" to use AC this year.....

**** this, I'm buying a house this year.

I have lovely apartments available in Pleasant Valley. Just give me 30 days to kick someone out.

Use the AC all year for all I care

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                Well, I'm older than you, and while Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and other bands labled as "grunge" back in the early 90's were never really my thing, I'm not understanding the hate for Pearl Jam, unless of course you were being sarcastic.
                The other bands you mentioned are definitely great.
                Pearl Jam I never liked it. It was so folk-ish, and boring in comparison to the others. Certainly not my cup 'o tea.

Generally speaking, I wasn't even that into grunge or anything, I just liked those other bands as I got older.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                  I have lovely apartments available in Pleasant Valley. Just give me 30 days to kick someone out.

Use the AC all year for all I care
                  You do? or are you mocking me?!
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• the Pearl Jam thing will always be fickle to people....it's like you had these cutting edge bands, and then you had Pearl Jam as some BS spokes-band for a sect of people and genre, and people my age didn't really like them.

Let's put it this way: I was listening to Nirvana, and my ****ing dad liked Pearl Jam....the ****?!
                    Honestly, it just wasn't cool to like Pearl Jam when I was younger, because they weren't a cool band. Not sure how else to word that lol
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

the Pearl Jam thing will always be fickle to people....it's like you had these cutting edge bands, and then you had Pearl Jam as some BS spokes-band for a sect of people and genre, and people my age didn't really like them.

Let's put it this way: I was listening to Nirvana, and my ****ing dad liked Pearl Jam....the ****?!
                      Honestly, it just wasn't cool to like Pearl Jam when I was younger, because they weren't a cool band. Not sure how else to word that lol
                      Nirvana was painful to listen to. One of the very few bands whose music is so awful it would make me shut off the radio.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        Nirvana was painful to listen to. Very few bands whose music is so awful it would make me shut off the radio.
                        To each their own, right? I ****ing love Nirvana. One of those bands I could just put whatever album on and just listen to in the background.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          Nirvana was painful to listen to. One of the very few bands whose music is so awful it would make me shut off the radio.
                          In never got the whole Nirvana thing. I liked Smells Like Teen Spirit but the rest of it does nothing for me.

I guess it's all subjective.

Comment

To each their own, right?
                            Exactly

Comment

You do? or are you mocking me?!
                              Would I do that?

By the way, tenants pay their own utilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                Would I do that?

By the way, tenants pay their own utilities.
                                I'm still trying to get past the "I'm 33 and have roommates" thing. I'll manage though.

Comment

Working...
                                X