This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    The property management I can see, particularly if it's a PUD, but heat and electric? Maybe in an apartment style but I can't see it elsewhere. But I agree if you can get that, I'd take it as well.
    A few of them in the area offer electric(heat is electric) in the HOAs. I think Cherry Hill in town of Poughkeepsie does. Granted that's why my mortgage would go from 500 to 800.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      I don't make fun of other people's musical preference. Heck, a lot of what I enjoy listening to is pretty crappy music by most people's standards, but I find myself enjoying it so **** em. I don't think Jpizz took my comments that way.
      Nor did I.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        So yea, the way I look at it is: $800/m mortgage, or $1600/m mortgage/taxes/insurance/utilities, and gotta take care of my own yard

I'll leave that for another day.
        Another day?.....You're old now. Better get to steppin'......
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Another day?.....You're old now. Better get to steppin'......
          lol, I meant a house and large property. I don't want that right now.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySzrJ4GRF7s

sighhh

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNh-iw7gsuI

Ohhhhh YEEaaah

Comment

the Pearl Jam thing will always be fickle to people....it's like you had these cutting edge bands, and then you had Pearl Jam as some BS spokes-band for a sect of people and genre, and people my age didn't really like them.

Let's put it this way: I was listening to Nirvana, and my ****ing dad liked Pearl Jam....the ****?!
                Honestly, it just wasn't cool to like Pearl Jam when I was younger, because they weren't a cool band. Not sure how else to word that lol
                That's why I asked your age; I knew you were gonna say anywhere between 25-35.
                The reason I say that is not a knock on you or that age group, it's just that you guys generally dislike Pearl Jam but not the other bands of that era, because somehow they rub you the wrong way.
                When that whole Seattle scene started I was already in my 20's and believe me, Pearl Jam seemed to be more popular than all the other bands combined. This is between 1992-1995. I played in some cover bands and we had to play some of their tunes, and the crowds always went nuts for them.

Personally, I don't have a dog in this race, as it's not what I listen to, but I've heard a lot of all these bands, had to play it, and never disliked what Pearl Jam I heard. I can't say I've followed them much since the late 90's.

Now, the fact that you like Blink 182 on the other hand.....geez dude, it ain't the summer of 1999 anymore.....lol
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC2GjXMk7i4

Lyrics are sad now...

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                    That's why I asked your age; I knew you were gonna say anywhere between 25-35.
                    The reason I say that is not a knock on you our that age group, it's just that you guys generally dislike Pearl Jam but not the other bands of that era, because somehow they rub you the wrong way.
                    When that whole Seattle scene started I was already in my 20's and believe me, Pearl Jam seemed to be more popular than all the other bands combined. This is between 1992-1995. I played in some cover bands and we had to play some of their tunes, and the crowds always went nuts for them.

Personally, I don't have a dog in this race, as it's not what I listen to, but I've heard a lot of all these bands, had to play it, and never disliked what Pearl Jam I heard. I can't say I've followed them much since the late 90's.

Now, the fact that you like Blink 182 on the other hand.....geez dude, it ain't the summer of 1999 anymore.....lol
                    lol nahhh. Cheshire Cat....1995!!!

Pearl Jam being commercially more popular, means precisely **** to me. Popular means nothing to anyone other than the people who like it.
                    Like I said, my dad liked Pearl Jam....my dad doesn't know anything about the early 90s Seattle scene. I quite literally don't see the similarities between some of those bands and pearl jam any way, other than their hometown.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Maybe it's that Pearl Jam's popularity didn't spread to other areas? lol, who knows. I just know that when my gen was getting into music, they were the B team.
                      Kids wearing band tshirts and such....but, if someone was wearing a Pearl Jam shirt? "....loser..."
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

lol nahhh. Cheshire Cat....1995!!!

Pearl Jam being commercially more popular, means precisely **** to me. Popular means nothing to anyone other than the people who like it.
                        Like I said, my dad liked Pearl Jam....my dad doesn't know anything about the early 90s Seattle scene. I quite literally don't see the similarities between some of those bands and pearl jam any way, other than their hometown.
                        I doubt you're aware of it, maybe you are, but in the late 80's MTV had a show called "Headbangers Ball"......it was a showcase for all videos labled "heavy metal" at the time.....that could mean anything from Whitesnake to Metallica. This show lasted at least until 1992.....and guess what bands were featured on it as "heavy metal" bands? Yep....the "grunge" bands.

So the point is: the music wasn't really considered all that different from anything else using distortion on guitars when it first arrived. Then the media labled it grunge and flannel was never the same lol
                        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                          I doubt you're aware of it, maybe you are, but in the late 80's MTV had a show called "Headbangers Ball"......it was a showcase for all videos labled "heavy metal" at the time.....that could mean anything from Whitesnake to Metallica. This show lasted at least until 1992.....and guess what bands were featured on it as "heavy metal" bands? Yep....the "grunge" bands.

So the point is: the music wasn't really considered all that different from anything else using distortion on guitars when it first arrived. Then the media labled it grunge and flannel was never the same lol
                          I know of the show, but didn't watch it at that age obviously.
                          and yea, I'm really not quite sure MTV's interpretation of "Metal" is anything I'd commit to truth lol.

ACTUAL 80s metal admittedly isn't my thing, since you mentioned it.

Flannel comment got me.....haha
                          Now flannels are for pretty 27 year old girls.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I've always been into punk.

hardcore punk, powerpop, ska-punk, glam punk(iggy, ny dolls), post-hardcore, easycore, skate punk.....I ****ing love it all.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Do you like "All The Small Things" especially the mid section with the big synth pad break?
                              "No...I didn't."

Comment

ACTUAL 80s metal admittedly isn't my thing, since you mentioned it.
                                Cause you're a puss. \m/

Comment

Working...
                                X