X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    Exactly.

I mean, Jimmy Page should've just come out and said as much lol.....
    They didn't help themselves by behaving badly in the trial. But it WAS a complete sham.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• I see I missed a couple of comedy gold threads over at TAGF......

Damn, they looked promising....
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        They didn't help themselves by behaving badly in the trial. But it WAS a complete sham.
        I have a theory that Jimmy Page was totally influenced by George Harrison's "Something": the chorus in Something is essentially the same chord progression as the intro to Stairway, but also, the opening couple of chords to The Rain Song are very similar to the verse of Something....

I was never a big George Harrison guy, but that tune is great. I'm NOT saying Page "stole" anything; again those chords are in a lot of things....but I do think if you put Jimmy under hypnosis he'd say "Yeah, I listened to that tune quite a few times"....

I will say natural, not intentional, influence.
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
          I have a theory that Jimmy Page was totally influenced by George Harrison's "Something": the chorus in Something is essentially the same chord progression as the intro to Stairway, but also, the opening couple of chords to The Rain Song are very similar to the verse of Something....

I was never a big George Harrison guy, but that tune is great. I'm NOT saying Page "stole" anything; again those chords are in a lot of things....but I do think if you put Jimmy under hypnosis he'd say "Yeah, I listened to that tune quite a few times"....

I will say natural, not intentional, influence.
          Didn't Frank Sinatra say that "Something" was the greatest song ever written?

It was the best of what the Beatles had to offer. Ever take notice of McCartney's base line in that song? Sensational.

Comment

Didn't Frank Sinatra say that "Something" was the greatest song ever written?

It was the best of what the Beatles had to offer. Ever take notice of McCartney's base line in that song? Sensational.
            No doubt, Ive had to play it many times.
            That was Maccas way of putting his stamp on a tune he knew was great and didnt write lol...
            "No...I didn't."

Comment

• I'v heard Paul is an *******.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                I'v heard Paul is an *******.
                I doubt it.

Comment

I doubt it.
                  Um Phil Collins said it...sooo. Boom.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/phil-c...artney-1684488

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    Um Phil Collins said it...sooo. Boom.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/phil-c...artney-1684488
                    Oh, well since Phil Collins said it, it must be true. Or maybe Paul simply doesn't like Phil Collins.

Comment

• Phil Collins...still staying relevant thanks to a NY Giants message board, lol
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          one of my favorite Beatles soundbytes EVER!!!!
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Without looking it up, do you know Ringo Starr's real name?

Comment

• Phil Collins composed arguably the greatest Disney soundtrack. Bye.
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• No Phil Collins slander will be tolerated.
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X