This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
    Let me ask your opinion on the end of the song that I have argued about with others...
    I say he is dying, on the side of a highway after an accident... "Count the headlights on the highway". Tiny Dancer is holding him while he is dying, and he tells her to lay him in "...sheets of linen".
    No one agrees with me that he's dying.
    What say ye?.
    Maybe he feel in love with a gay midget that could dance. The midget drove him home. It was a long ride so he started counting the headlights on the highway. Then they banged on sheets of linen.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
      Let me ask your opinion on the end of the song that I have argued about with others...
      I say he is dying, on the side of a highway after an accident... "Count the headlights on the highway". Tiny Dancer is holding him while he is dying, and he tells her to lay him in "...sheets of linen".
      No one agrees with me that he's dying.
      What say ye?.
      Wasn't it a love song the original writer wrote for a woman?
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Maybe he feel in love with a gay midget that could dance. The midget drove him home. It was a long ride so he started counting the headlights on the highway. Then they banged on sheets of linen.
        Yeah... this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
          Wasn't it a love song the original writer wrote for a woman?
          Tiny Dancer is def a woman. Question is, does the singer/writer die at the end?
          "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" was based upon a real incident.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            Tiny Dancer is really the only song I like by Elton John....Mad Man across the Water is ok too, but Tiny Dancer is the SHIZNITTOBAM
            Man I could name 50 great Elton John songs.
            All the Young Girls Love Alice....fantastic. Have Mercy For The Criminal, Love Lies Bleeding, The entire Madman album is awesome.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
              I am very sensitive when it comes to music. Who knows, you might say the wrong thing to make me leave forever!

And ever
              Well, any hints you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Man I could name 50 great Elton John songs.
                All the Young Girls Love Alice....fantastic. Have Mercy For The Criminal, Love Lies Bleeding, The entire Madman album is awesome.
                I think I could listen to nothing but Elton John all day and not run out of good songs to listen to.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  I think I could listen to nothing but Elton John all day and not run out of good songs to listen to.

Can you feel the love tonight?
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                    Can you feel the love tonight?
                    IS A GOOD SONG JOE

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                      Well, any hints you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
                      Will do

Comment

That Spirit lawsuit (which was from the family of the songwriter of Taurus) was such nonsense. The arpeggio portion of Taurus is so generic that if they won, literally every song ever written could be challenged.
                        Wasn't that really about the rights to that song being purchased by an attorney and he then believing that he could parlay it into a jackpot?

As Tom Petty said when asked if he was going to sue the RHCP over Dhani California, "Are you kidding me, man? It's rock and roll. If I sue them, then I should probably be sued by every artist that came before me"

Comment

Didn't Frank Sinatra say that "Something" was the greatest song ever written?

It was the best of what the Beatles had to offer. Ever take notice of McCartney's base line in that song? Sensational.

Actually I think Sinatra called it his favorite Lennon and McCartney song, lol.

As far as the bass playing, it's typical awesome McCartney. I usually play it on guitar but had to recently learn it on bass and it is fantastic. As usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                            Without looking it up, do you know Ringo Starr's real name?
                            yes

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              Are you saying.....its all been a pack of lies?

I saw what you did there.

Comment

• Agree on all points on Elton. Especially early Elton.

And I think Fez nailed the meaning of tiny dancer.

Comment

Working...
                                X