This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    Equal does not mean the same. Replace "women" with "children" and it looks the same. Now replce "women" with "men" in that sentence and it will look very strange to you. Get it yet?
    You have it all wrong. Most men are taught at a very young age not to hit women and tobe respectful and well mannered like holding a door, letting them in front of you in a line(if theyre pretty enough) ect. Is that treating them like children? No.

We are all defenseless in attacks like these. Why does what I said seem to bother you more than the actual fact that they targeted women and children?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      You have it all wrong. Most men are taught at a very young age not to hit women and tobe respectful and well mannered like holding a door, letting them in front of you in a line(if theyre pretty enough) ect. Is that treating them like children? No.

We are all defenseless in attacks like these. Why does what I said seem to bother you more than the actual fact that they targeted women and children?
      My issue is they targeted non-combatants. The sex of the people targeted does not matter. When a bomb explodes are men somehow safer from it than women? Of course not. Is it somehow worse that they killed a woman than if they killed a man? Of course not. If they had bombed a military installation, while still awful, is not as horrific an act as attacking a civilian target. If it was a situation where men were somehow more protected or better equiped to handle because in general they are physically larger and stronger, then I would have no issue with what you said. This, however, is not that type of situation. There is nothing wrong with holding a door, or pulling out a chair, unless these acts are forced apon you. There is a difference between being courtious to others and thinking they are less capable. I hold doors open for people all the time and it doesn't matter if they are women or men, its because the door handle is in my hand and not theirs, or because their hands are full, or they are trying to run herd on a gaggle of kids, or something.

Comment

My issue is they targeted non-combatants. The sex of the people targeted does not matter. When a bomb explodes are men somehow safer from it than women? Of course not. Is it somehow worse that they killed a woman than if they killed a man? Of course not. If they had bombed a military installation, while still awful, is not as horrific an act as attacking a civilian target. If it was a situation where men were somehow more protected or better equiped to handle because in general they are physically larger and stronger, then I would have no issue with what you said. This, however, is not that type of situation. There is nothing wrong with holding a door, or pulling out a chair, unless these acts are forced apon you. There is a difference between being courtious to others and thinking they are less capable. I hold doors open for people all the time and it doesn't matter if they are women or men, its because the door handle is in my hand and not theirs, or because their hands are full, or they are trying to run herd on a gaggle of kids, or something.
        Is it worse if they killed a man over a woman, no but its more cowardly in my mind. Its more of a pick on someone your own size mentality I have I guess.
        And the sex of target DOES matter to these sick ****s which is why they targeted this specific venue. Your issue is with them. I simply stated what happened. They can never defeat our army so they resort to killing innocent people.

Comment

Is it worse if they killed a man over a woman, no but its more cowardly in my mind. Its more of a pick on someone your own size mentality I have I guess.
          Fine, but that is a very sexist mentality. It is also very common. Until the "women and children" first mentality fades from the collective thought process, equality will not be a reality. As far as "pick on someone your own size" goes, that is a notion of not attacking someone ill equiped to defend themselves and applies to many things, not just physical confrontation.

In this case, are you, as a man, somehow better equiped to defend yourself from a bomb than I am? Will it make you less dead than me? Are you equiped to contain the explosion so it does not harm you, but I am not? In this case, you and I are the same size.

Comment

• You guys are killin' my buzz, maaaaaaaaaaaan
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Fine, but that is a very sexist mentality. It is also very common. Until the "women and children" first mentality fades from the collective thought process, equality will not be a reality. As far as "pick on someone your own size" goes, that is a notion of not attacking someone ill equiped to defend themselves and applies to many things, not just physical confrontation.
              I disagree. Youre exhausting.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                You guys are killin' my buzz, maaaaaaaaaaaan
                Now I know why YA hates her

just kidding I always knew why.

Comment

Now I know why YA hates her

just kidding I always knew why.
                  lol. Not like he has the biggest fan club or anything either....
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I disagree. Youre exhausting.
                    You disagree?

You put a separate value on the life of a person based on what is or isn't between thier legs and you don't think that is sexist?

I'm exhausting because I am right and forcing you to think about your preconceived notions.

Comment

• Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......how bout this weather
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

So it is PC garbage to not want to be treated like a child?
                        In what bizzaro universe are you being treated like a child by virtue of Dezz's comment?
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

You disagree?

You put a separate value on the life of a person based on what is or isn't between thier legs and you don't think that is sexist?

I'm exhausting because I am right and forcing you to think about your preconceived notions.
                          Im not a sexist because I think targeting women and children is cowardly no matter how you twist my words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            In what bizzaro universe are you being treated like a child by virtue of Dezz's comment?
                            I explained that, read, you will see it.

Comment

Im not a sexist because I think targeting women and children is cowardly no matter how you twist my words.
                              You are sexist because of that, otherwise you would say children and civilians.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......how bout this weather
                                Watch Better Call Saul, its good. Starts off a little slow but Jimmys humor is good enough to keep it interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X