This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    I explained that, read, you will see it.
    You are being ridiculous.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

You are sexist because of that, otherwise you would say children and civilians.
      Wrong. I would have said the same thing. Do you know why? Because they were the target of the attack! Its fact, its not sexist to say because that is exactly what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Watch Better Call Saul, its good. Starts off a little slow but Jimmys humor is good enough to keep it interesting.
        I'm just going to binge when the season is over.
        I don't like catching up on a show and then running out of episodes.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          I'm just going to binge when the season is over.
          I don't like catching up on a show and then running out of episodes.
          Yea Im getting excited for GOT. I want to wait and binge but you know everyone is going to ruin it on fb.

Comment

Yea Im getting excited for GOT. I want to wait and binge but you know everyone is going to ruin it on fb.
            Nobody I know on fb spoils GOT. But I'm sure you know a lot more *******s than I do lol

Only show I'm watching at the moment is this new Starz show, "American Gods"....its ****ing weird and crazy, and I have no idea what's going on, and because of that, I love it.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              You are being ridiculous.
              No I am not. If you want to think that women are somehow less than men and making that notion part of the common vernacular is ok, I will not change your mind. But no rational person can say that the statement wasn't sexist. The only part of it that is debatable is whether or not there is anything wrong with it. You seem to feel it is ok, I do not. An opinion that differs from yours is not ridiculous.

Comment

Wrong. I would have said the same thing. Do you know why? Because they were the target of the attack! Its fact, its not sexist to say because that is exactly what happened.
                Carry on if you wish, but the notion is sexist by definition. It equates different value to life based on sex. You can argue all you want it will not change the reality of it. If you don't wish to be sexist, I suggest you reevaluate your thought process on these things. If you think that life should have different value based on gender, than carry on. Really up to you.

Comment

No I am not. If you want to think that women are somehow less than men and making that notion part of the common vernacular is ok, I will not change your mind. But no rational person can say that the statement wasn't sexist. The only part of it that is debatable is whether or not there is anything wrong with it. You seem to feel it is ok, I do not. An opinion that differs from yours is not ridiculous.
                  I think on average women are smaller and not as physically strong as men.
                  Or is that wrong too?
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Nobody I know on fb spoils GOT. But I'm sure you know a lot more *******s than I do lol

Only show I'm watching at the moment is this new Starz show, "American Gods"....its ****ing weird and crazy, and I have no idea what's going on, and because of that, I love it.
                    Did you read the book? It is very good, though I preferred the next book set in that world, Anansi Boys. Check them out. If you like either let me know and I can find a few more you will like.

Comment

Did you read the book? It is very good, though I preferred the next book set in that world, Anansi Boys. Check them out. If you like either let me know and I can find a few more you will like.
                      American Gods? nope, I honestly was not at all familiar.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        I think on average women are smaller and not as physically strong as men.
                        Or is that wrong too?
                        No, that is a true statement.

Comment

Whats ridiculous is you making an issue about what I said (which was fact) instead of the actual attack itself.

Comment

Carry on if you wish, but the notion is sexist by definition. It equates different value to life based on sex. You can argue all you want it will not change the reality of it. If you don't wish to be sexist, I suggest you reevaluate your thought process on these things. If you think that life should have different value based on gender, than carry on. Really up to you.
                            Theres no notion, Jen. That is what happened.

Comment

Swendgen?! **** sucka?! I saw him in it, I'll give it a chance when I have time.

Comment

Neil Gaimen. My favorite by him is Neverwhere, which was originally written to be a mini series on TV. He did not like how his vision turned out, so he wrote a book. Called it his "writer's cut". It is very good. I think he also ended up making a graphic novel out of it. His Sandman graphic novel series was award winning if you enjoy that kind of thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X