X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    No, that is a true statement.
    So attacking people who, by your own admission are on average smaller and weaker than you means nothing?

Being equal doesn't mean "physically" equal.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Swendgen?! **** sucka?! I saw him in it, I'll give it a chance when I have time.
      AL SWENGEN!!! SANFRANCISCO ****SUCKAAAA!!!!
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Whats ridiculous is you making an issue about what I said (which was fact) instead of the actual attack itself.
        What is there to say about the attack? It was awful, cowardly thing to do. Nothing to discuss there. What is ridiculous about not disagreeing with something every sane person can agree with.

Comment

Neil Gaimen. My favorite by him is Neverwhere, which was originally written to be a mini series on TV. He did not like how his vision turned out, so he wrote a book. Called it his "writer's cut". It is very good. I think he also ended up making a graphic novel out of it. His Sandman graphic novel series was award winning if you enjoy that kind of thing.
          I can't read ='(
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            So attacking people who, by your own admission are on average smaller and weaker than you means nothing?

Being equal doesn't mean "physically" equal.
            You really don't bother reading the posts do you?

I'll find the one discussing EXACTLY that point and repost if for you since scrolling and reading seems to tasking of a mission for you.

Comment

Fine, but that is a very sexist mentality. It is also very common. Until the "women and children" first mentality fades from the collective thought process, equality will not be a reality. As far as "pick on someone your own size" goes, that is a notion of not attacking someone ill equiped to defend themselves and applies to many things, not just physical confrontation.

In this case, are you, as a man, somehow better equiped to defend yourself from a bomb than I am? Will it make you less dead than me? Are you equiped to contain the explosion so it does not harm you, but I am not? In this case, you and I are the same size.
              There you go, does that help.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                I can't read ='(
                Do audio books, I do, really enjoy them. Sometimes they add a lot to the enjoyment of a book if you get a good reader. World War Z was done great as they had brought in many different voice actors to portray the roles. I am listening to Dune right now in which they did the same, but not as well. The actor for one of the main characters keeps changing the voice of that character.

Comment

There you go, does that help.
                  As I said...you are being ridiculous. My daughter can literally kill me with her bare hands if she wanted. And she's 5' 4" and 115 lbs. We refer to her as "115 lbs. of fury". She's been raised to be a strong, self reliant person. So you aren't talking to some guy who wants women in their place.
                  But when I go for a walk with her I still walk on the inside, closest to the road. I still protect her when I can. As I do with my wife, and my two step daughters.

If you think that's sexist then you need to live a little longer and learn some more.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Do audio books, I do, really enjoy them. Sometimes they add a lot to the enjoyment of a book if you get a good reader. World War Z was done great as they had brought in many different voice actors to portray the roles. I am listening to Dune right now in which they did the same, but not as well. The actor for one of the main characters keeps changing the voice of that character.
                    I did "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" by GRR Martin on Audiobook(on my phone), and that was pretty good. Sometimes I just can't pay attention though.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I would be GREAT at doing audio books. lol

Comment

• It is worth it to listen to World War Z just for Mark Hamill's portrayal of Todd Wainio.

Other highlights perfomances put in by

Paul Sorvino

Carl Reiner was great

Martin Scorsese

Denise Crosby

Jeri Ryan was also amazing in it

Henry Rollins

Eamonn Walker

Alan Alda

Rene Auberjonis

Other good actors in there, but the above mention really put in amazing performances with Hamill's being the best.

Comment

• People, we've moved on. We're now talking about audiobooks. Get on my level, please.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Henry Rollins is the man
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

It is worth it to listen to World War Z just for Mark Hamill's portrayal of Todd Wainio.

Other highlights perfomances put in by

Paul Sorvino

Carl Reiner was great

Martin Scorsese

Denise Crosby

Jeri Ryan was also amazing in it

Henry Rollins

Eamonn Walker

Alan Alda

Rene Auberjonis

Other good actors in there, but the above mention really put in amazing performances with Hamill's being the best.
                              Hamill did the best Joker for the animated series and the video games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                As I said...you are being ridiculous. My daughter can literally kill me with her bare hands if she wanted. And she's 5' 4" and 115 lbs. We refer to her as "115 lbs. of fury". She's been raised to be a strong, self reliant person. So you aren't talking to some guy who wants women in their place.
                                But when I go for a walk with her I still walk on the inside, closest to the road. I still protect her when I can. As I do with my wife, and my two step daughters.

If you think that's sexist then you need to live a little longer and learn some more.
                                I don't think that is sexist and I never said it was. I think that is a father and husband trying to protect his family as best he can.

What I think is sexist is suggesting that targeting civilian women is somehow a more henious act than targeting civilian men. What I find insulting is equating women with children when it comes to atrocities like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X