This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Hamill did the best Joker for the animated series and the video games.
    and don't forget him with the joker voice reading trump tweets. that's better than any batman animated series lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      I did "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" by GRR Martin on Audiobook(on my phone), and that was pretty good. Sometimes I just can't pay attention though.
      I did the whole GOT series on audiobook. It was good, but not great story. It seems he does plot twists for the sake of being unpredictable, not because it adds to the narative. There are much better authers in the genre, but his stuff is enjoyable.

Try "The Heroes" by Joe Abercrombie if you enjoy game of thrones. Much better storyteller IMO with similar content.

Comment

Hamill did the best Joker for the animated series and the video games.
        He also played the trickerster in both Flash television shows and Barry's dad in the current series is the same actor that played the flash in the old series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          As I said...you are being ridiculous. My daughter can literally kill me with her bare hands if she wanted. And she's 5' 4" and 115 lbs. We refer to her as "115 lbs. of fury". She's been raised to be a strong, self reliant person. So you aren't talking to some guy who wants women in their place.
          But when I go for a walk with her I still walk on the inside, closest to the road. I still protect her when I can. As I do with my wife, and my two step daughters.

If you think that's sexist then you need to live a little longer and learn some more.
          But if you had actually read and tried to understand, you would not have said any of this because you would have known it was irrelevant to what I was talking about. Either way, I hope I clarified for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
            I did the whole GOT series on audiobook. It was good, but not great story. It seems he does plot twists for the sake of being unpredictable, not because it adds to the narative. There are much better authers in the genre, but his stuff is enjoyable.

Try "The Heroes" by Joe Abercrombie if you enjoy game of thrones. Much better storyteller IMO with similar content.
            No, it's just that Martin is an ******* and wants you to fall in love with his characters and then, well....you know....

It's actually pretty interesting: His HBO contract said that he would assist with the story telling to portray the series as accurately as possible to his books. But then he got kinda lazy and slowed his writing down tremendously. A book hasn't come out since 2011 when the tv series started basically, and the series is now passing the books. So, he's lost creative control of the show as per the contract. He told the show creators the ending of the series, and now THEY will be the ones getting the show there based on the seeds that have been planted.

What I find messed up about the whole situation is that if people don't like the ending of the tv series, Martin can write whatever he wants, claim his is the REAL ending, and steal all the glory, even though it's his fault the show ends the way it does, lol
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

No, it's just that Martin is an ******* and wants you to fall in love with his characters and then, well....you know....

It's actually pretty interesting: His HBO contract said that he would assist with the story telling to portray the series as accurately as possible to his books. But then he got kinda lazy and slowed his writing down tremendously. A book hasn't come out since 2011 when the tv series started basically, and the series is now passing the books. So, he's lost creative control of the show as per the contract. He told the show creators the ending of the series, and now THEY will be the ones getting the show there based on the seeds that have been planted.

What I find messed up about the whole situation is that if people don't like the ending of the tv series, Martin can write whatever he wants, claim his is the REAL ending, and steal all the glory, even though it's his fault the show ends the way it does, lol
              Yep. Luckily I don't watch the show. If he ever comes out with the next in the series, I will read it, but I am not itching for it. Seriously though, if you like this kind of story try "The Heroes", really great book. I like Abercrombie's style also. None of his characters are good or bad, there are things to like and dislike in all of them. In this book more than any of his others, the protagonists of it really is dependent on which character to which the reader can most relate. It is told from many points of view from both sides of the battle line and you want both sides to win and both sides to lose.

Comment

I don't think that is sexist and I never said it was. I think that is a father and husband trying to protect his family as best he can.

What I think is sexist is suggesting that targeting civilian women is somehow a more henious act than targeting civilian men. What I find insulting is equating women with children when it comes to atrocities like this.
                He said woman AND children. Not women OR children.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Iv heard the book are better too. My favorite character, Sir Barriston Selmy is still alive in the book I'm told, which is ****in lame.
                  Also, my friend told me this scene is even better in the book because they explain the thrown is made from the swords of Lords who didn't kneel to the king. So really he's saying Im not bowing to you, boy.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OaMvxVHFs4
                  Bad ***

And of course these two love birds.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRY4Mpmfk1o

Comment

• I've read the first 3 books, and even with my vivid imagination, I prefer the visuals of the show. Especially it's ability to put together epic scenes like Battle of Blackwater Bay, The Battle at Castle Black, the whyte hoarde attacking Hardhome, and the Battle of the Basta rds. Just stunning **** on tv
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Iv heard the book are better too. My favorite character, Sir Barriston Selmy is still alive in the book I'm told, which is ****in lame.
                      Also, my friend told me this scene is even better in the book because they explain the thrown is made from the swords of Lords who didn't kneel to the king. So really he's saying Im not bowing to you, boy.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OaMvxVHFs4
                      Bad ***

And of course these two love birds.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRY4Mpmfk1o
                      IDK what happens with Selmy in the series, but in the books he is still alive and serving Daenerys now.

Arya and Tyrion are my favorite characters in the book. Can't stand Catelyn Stark.
                      Last edited by jmike; 05-23-2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

IDK what happens with Selmy in the series, but in the books he is still alive and serving Daenerys now.

Arya and Tyrion are my favorite characters in the book.
                        I remember people being obsessed with those characters from the books early on....I understood Tyrion immediately. But Arya?.....**** Arya. took her 6+ yrs to be mildly entertaining. She's the worst
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I remember people being obsessed with those characters from the books early on....I understood Tyrion immediately. But Arya?.....**** Arya. took her 6+ yrs to be mildly entertaining. She's the worst
                          I like her journey. Maybe I relate best with her? IDK, but I liked her from the start.

Comment

I like her journey. Maybe I relate best with her? IDK, but I liked her from the start.
                            My favorites are probably Jon Snow and Jamie Lannister.....

Jamie is all over the ****ing place. He's just the most complex character in the series, I feel. Like, you think he turns babyface, but then BAM back to being a heel.....and then he does it all over again. He's a loose cannon! Unpredictable decision-making.

Jon Snow is just the man....
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

My favorites are probably Jon Snow and Jamie Lannister.....

Jamie is all over the ****ing place. He's just the most complex character in the series, I feel. Like, you think he turns babyface, but then BAM back to being a heel.....and then he does it all over again. He's a loose cannon! Unpredictable decision-making.

Jon Snow is just the man....
                              Jamie is an interesting character. Jon Snow is a bit of an idiot, not a fan.

Comment

• though I do like his dog

Comment

Working...
                                X