This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
    At least the stains were kept off of them.
    True, the bed sheets got those.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
      When I was a kid I collected comic books.
      I was told to put them in plastic because they'd be valuable one day.
      25 years later I found out
      They're worthless.
      I'm sure some are worth something.

I did the same with trading cards(mostly basketball and baseball). I have a literal binder of only Michael Jordan cards and an entire box of cased subset insert cards, which at the time were worth anywhere from $10 to $100+, which as a 10 year old thought it'd be my cash cow as an adult. That market bottomed out HARD in the late nineties, early aughts, and now they are just taking up space in a closet lol
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        I know where I would put it for you.
        I.... uhh what??
        Are we still talking about collecting, or are we talking about collecting notches in the bed post??
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          I'm sure some are worth something.
          l
          The comic books I had, which were from the 1980's, were all re-printed in the late 1990's.

Literally worthless. I went to 3 different dealers and tried ebay.

Zip.

So there's a lesson for you kids out there:

Spend your money on drugs instead.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
            The comic books I had, which were from the 1980's, were all re-printed in the late 1990's.

Literally worthless. I went to 3 different dealers and tried ebay.

Zip.

So there's a lesson for you kids out there:

Spend your money on drugs instead.
            lol, my cousin, who's now about 35, had over 5000 comic books. Not sure what kinds specifically, but yea...
            Anyway, he's got 5 kids now, so one day he stopped by his parents, picked up all the comics, catalogued them all, sold them as a lot on ebay for $15,000, and bought a car. I DO know that he had some rare collectors ones, but that's not really my thing.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Sometimes my hoarding pays off though....

About a year and a half ago I was on Amazon and saw that these Funko Pop figures were having a clearance sale, I bought a CM Punk(wrestler) one because he had retired 2 years ago, and so they assumed they weren't making money on it. It was $4. The box was mangled when I got it delivered, so I asked for a replacement. They told me to keep the original anyway.

It's now worth $100 for some reason on ebay, so I sold the one I had in the box still >.<
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                Sometimes my hoarding pays off though....

About a year and a half ago I was on Amazon and saw that these Funko Pop figures were having a clearance sale, I bought a CM Punk(wrestler) one because he had retired 2 years ago, and so they assumed they weren't making money on it. It was $4. The box was mangled when I got it delivered, so I asked for a replacement. They told me to keep the original anyway.

It's now worth $100 for some reason on ebay, so I sold the one I had in the box still >.<
                I can never grasp how anyone can have the willpower to just leave this type of stuff in it's original box. I would have that **** out, and in the bathtub within 20 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                  I can never grasp how anyone can have the willpower to just leave this type of stuff in it's original box. I would have that **** out, and in the bathtub within 20 seconds.
                  I usually wouldn't leave it in the box lol. Most of my stuff, I don't have any room for, so it stays in the box for that reason.
                  The CM Punk figure I took out because the box was ****ed anyway, and I had the other.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I've made some money off of selling some guitars who's value went up a lot.

I just don't believe in having to play expensive instruments anymore.
                    "No...I didn't."

Comment

LOL, we aren't hunter gatherers anymore guys. Time to put the clubs down and stop dragging us around by the hair.
                      Thats it. Im turning the thread into the

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        Thats it. Im turning the thread into the
                        This place is much better with Rudy and jmike... so, let's not antagonize them tooo much.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                          This place is much better with Rudy and jmike... so, let's not antagonize them tooo much.
                          I can do without Rudys daily bowel movement updates.

Comment

• I don't understand what locks some threads. There is one locked today discussing a sack given up by the OL. Why is that out of bounds?

Comment

I don't understand what locks some threads. There is one locked today discussing a sack given up by the OL. Why is that out of bounds?
                              shrug
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I don't understand what locks some threads. There is one locked today discussing a sack given up by the OL. Why is that out of bounds?
                                Is the op the John Jerry freak? I mix some posters up. If yes mods likely didnt want a troll thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X