This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have one good quality:

I got the POS thread about Odell closed.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
      I have one good quality:

I got the POS thread about Odell closed.

Great. Now we can all get back to discussing more important things.

Comment

• Seems the Odell thread has spread....just like crabgrass... or cancer.
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Seems the Odell thread has spread....just like crabgrass... or cancer.
          The oddest thing with coming to this forum is the contingent of fans who absolutely revel in a player who is supposedly just "doing his own thing", "inspiring others to be themselves", "getting everything they deserve", scoring with models! (not sure if this Iggy Pop chick qualifies...). Their nose is so far up Beckhams butt, but I'm sure they have a **** eating grin over this clown's antics.
          I've never personally met anyone who thinks this way.

Comment

I see the Odell thread is now at 67 pages and the personal attacks are mounting.

It's like watching someone filling their lawnmower with gasoline while smoking a cigarette......you know what's coming and you know it ain't gonna end well.
            I am so sad they closed that, I was really enjoying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              Theres a new one

Comment

No you weren't.
                "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                  The oddest thing with coming to this forum is the contingent of fans who absolutely revel in a player who is supposedly just "doing his own thing", "inspiring others to be themselves", "getting everything they deserve", scoring with models! (not sure if this Iggy Pop chick qualifies...). Their nose is so far up Beckhams butt, but I'm sure they have a **** eating grin over this clown's antics.
                  I've never personally met anyone who thinks this way.
                  I think Odell is "wrong", if there's a wrong or right in this.
                  But I'm not going to debate it for 68 pages with lunatics.
                  "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    Theres a new one
                    What I find funny is so many are making excuses for why they are bashing Odell and nobody wants to acknowledge the real reason. It is because he is the Giants best player. People want to say "his antics", "he's selfish", "needs to grow up" etc...etc...etc...

But for years Eli has been the Giants best player and he was bashed relentlessly by the fans and media. He has always shown himself to be a mature, selfless player that doesn't make headlines. So the complete opposite of Odell, but he was the whipping boy for different stupid reasons, like his posture, or his face, or a wobbly TD pass.

It is simple, if you are the best player on the New York Giants and large portion of the fan base and media will have nothing good to say about you, regardless of what it is you do. If you shout and get upset on the field, you are erratic and immature, if you don't, you lack passion. It is all very dumb and all very obvious; but at least the stupidity of it gives me a chuckle.

Comment

No you weren't.
                      No, I absolutely was, that was some funny **** there.

Comment

No, I absolutely was, that was some funny **** there.
                        Well, looks like you'll be rolling on the floor all day from how it's going so far.
                        "No...I didn't."

Comment

Well, looks like you'll be rolling on the floor all day from how it's going so far.
                          Not going to open this one, can't get too distracted today, have work to do.

Comment

What I find funny is so many are making excuses for why they are bashing Odell and nobody wants to acknowledge the real reason. It is because he is the Giants best player. People want to say "his antics", "he's selfish", "needs to grow up" etc...etc...etc...

But for years Eli has been the Giants best player and he was bashed relentlessly by the fans and media. He has always shown himself to be a mature, selfless player that doesn't make headlines. So the complete opposite of Odell, but he was the whipping boy for different stupid reasons, like his posture, or his face, or a wobbly TD pass.

It is simple, if you are the best player on the New York Giants and large portion of the fan base and media will have nothing good to say about you, regardless of what it is you do. If you shout and get upset on the field, you are erratic and immature, if you don't, you lack passion. It is all very dumb and all very obvious; but at least the stupidity of it gives me a chuckle.
                            Hmm, I think its different. Eli gets ripped for his erratic play. Odell gets ripped for his stupidity and not doing what hes suppose to. The Odell hate is his own making. He cant get out of his own way.

Comment

Hmm, I think its different. Eli gets ripped for his erratic play. Odell gets ripped for his stupidity and not doing what hes suppose to. The Odell hate is his own making. He cant get out of his own way.
                              I honestly think it's a NY thing. Nobody is ever happy. For some reason we hold these people to unreasonable standards just to have something to ***** about, which is kinda silly considering it's a game. But whatever....I've done both sides of these arguments before.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

No. It wouldn't matter who the Giants' best player is. A large segment of the media and fan base will go out of their way to nit pick and complain about the player. Of course all the actual criticisms are legitimate, because everybody has flaws, nobody is perfect. The reason behind them being bashed to death is as I mentioned, it is because he is the best player on the team.

You won't agree with this statement because you are among the mindless sheep that do that, so all your arguments are invalid.

Comment

Working...
                                X