This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    No. It wouldn't matter who the Giants' best player is. A large segment of the media and fan base will go out of their way to nit pick and complain about the player. Of course all the actual criticisms are legitimate, because everybody has flaws, nobody is perfect. The reason behind them being bashed to death is as I mentioned, it is because he is the best player on the team.

You won't agree with this statement because you are among the mindless sheep that do that, so all your arguments are invalid.
    Yea I just dont agree.I think its a combination of the two. Some fans sure will hate because hes the best but the media protected Jeter, they protect Eli, they protected Lt.

He gets the hate from fans and the media because hes the best player and hes constantly not doing what he should be doing or doing something extremely stupid. Like missing practice with a 2 time super bowl champion because he would rather catch passes from a bust. And I think that a legitimate reason to be upset with a player.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Yea I just dont agree.I think its a combination of the two. Some fans sure will hate because hes the best but the media protected Jeter, they protect Eli, they protected Lt.

He gets the hate from fans and the media because hes the best player and hes constantly not doing what he should be doing or doing something extremely stupid. Like missing practice with a 2 time super bowl champion because he would rather catch passes from a bust. And I think that a legitimate reason to be upset with a player.
      Of course you don't agree, covered that. I wasn't around to see what they did with Gary Jeter, but I don't believe he was ever considered the best player. Also it was a different era of sports and sports media, just like with LT. The media never "protected" Eli, that is just silly. I never said you sheeple didn't have legitimate reasons to be upset with Odell, I don't like some of the things he is doing either. Just saying that if he wasn't the best player nobody would care and if somebody else was the best player they would be doing the same thing to him for different reasons because nobody is perfect.

Comment

• log into the DMV website to renew my registration....."We're sorry, but all online DMV transaction are potentially unavailable at this time..."

well wtf....how do I renew my registration?! It's not like going to the DMV is an option since it's only open Tuesdays 10:30am until 10:33am......
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Of course you don't agree, covered that. I wasn't around to see what they did with Gary Jeter, but I don't believe he was ever considered the best player. Also it was a different era of sports and sports media, just like with LT. The media never "protected" Eli, that is just silly. I never said you sheeple didn't have legitimate reasons to be upset with Odell, I don't like some of the things he is doing either. Just saying that if he wasn't the best player nobody would care and if somebody else was the best player they would be doing the same thing to him for different reasons because nobody is perfect.
          I was talking about your lover, Derek.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            log into the DMV website to renew my registration....."We're sorry, but all online DMV transaction are potentially unavailable at this time..."

well wtf....how do I renew my registration?! It's not like going to the DMV is an option since it's only open Tuesdays 10:30am until 10:33am......
            LOL
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I was talking about your lover, Derek.
              When did he play for the Giants? I did specifically say best player for the Giants, so I couldn't imagine you would bring a baseball player up to refute my point. I mean that would be even dumber than using Joe Namath as an example. At least he played football.

Comment

log into the DMV website to renew my registration....."We're sorry, but all online DMV transaction are potentially unavailable at this time..."

Didn't you register it when you bought the car? They had me do that when I bought Beth her car.

Comment

When did he play for the Giants? I did specifically say best player for the Giants, so I couldn't imagine you would bring a baseball player up to refute my point. I mean that would be even dumber than using Joe Namath as an example. At least he played football.
                  Its New York sports, toots. you think star players get treated differently because of the sport? This goes all the way back to Mikey Mantle.

Comment

Its New York sports, toots. you think star players get treated differently because of the sport? This goes all the way back to Mikey Mantle.
                    No, I think in current times the stars on the Giants get treated more harshly than necessary. Don't call me toots.

Comment

Didn't you register it when you bought the car? They had me do that when I bought Beth her car.
                      in NY you gotta renew every 2 years.

Also, in NY any time someone buys a used car they have to pay taxes on it, even though the original owner already paid taxes on it. YAY NEW YORK
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Also, in NY any time someone buys a used car they have to pay taxes on it, even though the original owner already paid taxes on it. YAY NEW YORK
                        Thank ya govna

Comment

No, I think in current times the stars on the Giants get treated more harshly than necessary. Don't call me toots.
                          They're held to a higher standard, sweety.

Comment

Thank ya govna
                            well, these practices have been in place for as long as I've been alive, so it's goes back a lot further than the governor lol
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

What I find funny is so many are making excuses for why they are bashing Odell and nobody wants to acknowledge the real reason. It is because he is the Giants best player. People want to say "his antics", "he's selfish", "needs to grow up" etc...etc...etc...

But for years Eli has been the Giants best player and he was bashed relentlessly by the fans and media. He has always shown himself to be a mature, selfless player that doesn't make headlines. So the complete opposite of Odell, but he was the whipping boy for different stupid reasons, like his posture, or his face, or a wobbly TD pass.

It is simple, if you are the best player on the New York Giants and large portion of the fan base and media will have nothing good to say about you, regardless of what it is you do. If you shout and get upset on the field, you are erratic and immature, if you don't, you lack passion. It is all very dumb and all very obvious; but at least the stupidity of it gives me a chuckle.
                              Um...you think Eli has been our best player for years?
                              Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Pretty sure I paid sales tax for both the used car I bought her and then the new car as well. I don't particularly remember. IDK maybe she has to renew it here in PA too. As far as I am concerned, once I bought it, everything else related to it is her responsibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X