This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    I love duck, particularly good rotisseried.
    Nothing like crispy duck skin. I like some fruity sauce on it - orange, cherry, plum all so good. Seems like most restaurants don't do the 1/2 duck anymore, but just offer sliced breast pieces. WTF do they do with the rest of it?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Taste like lamb?
      Yes. Very tender and flavorful. Would try it again 10/10.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
        Nothing like crispy duck skin. I like some fruity sauce on it - orange, cherry, plum all so good. Seems like most restaurants don't do the 1/2 duck anymore, but just offer sliced breast pieces. WTF do they do with the rest of it?
        BEST DUCK I EVER HAD WAS DOWN IN CHINATOWN IN NYC MANY YEARS AGO. SO PLUMP AND JUICY..JUST LIKE ME.

Comment

• DEER MEAT IS GOOD
          OBVIOUSLY GOAT IS DELICIOUS . VERY TENDER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
            BEST DUCK I EVER HAD WAS DOWN IN CHINATOWN IN NYC MANY YEARS AGO. SO PLUMP AND JUICY..JUST LIKE ME.
            I got some sauce, you can be the boss!

Comment

I got some sauce, you can be the boss!
              AYYYYYYYEEEE

Comment

• Friggin perverts.
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Was in Taiwan in '80. Almost every meal was buffet style and there was duck parts, including the feet to chew on. A lot of it is ground up into a pate'/paste that included just about everything. They didn't waste anything but bone. I'm sure the ducks *** and innards were in that paste. I politely declined to try any. Chicken, duck, eel, and octopus, and mystery meat was in those buffets. They have large eel farms right along the main highway. The people who operate them live in shacks, ;literally... some were even thatch huts. When I asked the guys I was with who those people were in the shacks they said, "Those are native Taiwanese people. We don't talk about them." Turns out the native Taiwanese became much like slave labor after General Chiang Kai Shek and his followers ran away from mainland China to the island in 1949. All of the "IN" crowd are descendents of Chiang and his minions.
                  Anyways we drove around the island for a week and in that time I never saw a dog or a cat.... which I was sure was the 'mystery' meat.

Comment

They only get the breasts in now, duck is messy and people prefer it. Cost is about the same and offers more versatility in preparation. A whole duck requires longer cooking time, so unless your guests want to wait forever for their meal, you have to pre cook a lot which runs into a lot of waste or running out of an item and an inconsistent product.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                      DEER MEAT IS GOOD
                      OBVIOUSLY GOAT IS DELICIOUS . VERY TENDER.
                      Never been a fan of venison.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        Im sorry I told you to shut up Pizz, you may speak again.
                        Awww...and I'm sorry I made fun of you as well, Fez.

I just picked on you because I knew you could take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                          Friggin perverts.
                          You jelly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I'm not sorry.

Fez, nobody wants you here.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                              Never been a fan of venison.
                              It's ok. More deer me for Rudez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I thought you were flirting as usual

Comment

Working...
                                X