This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    They only get the breasts in now, duck is messy and people prefer it. Cost is about the same and offers more versatility in preparation. A whole duck requires longer cooking time, so unless your guests want to wait forever for their meal, you have to pre cook a lot which runs into a lot of waste or running out of an item and an inconsistent product.
    Not true:

http://blogs.kqed.org/essentialpepin...-119-game-day/

Duck starts at 3:30
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
      You do understand that cooking in your kitchen at home is very different than cooking on the line in a resaurant where every plate is prepared individually, don't you?

Comment

You do understand that cooking in your kitchen at home is very different than cooking on the line in a resaurant where every plate is prepared individually, don't you?
        And to add to, different technology in the kitchen is used.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Sure, and I would think Jacques Pepin knows this too.

Have your read any of his books?
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Speaking of, my dumb roommate tried to make a blooming onion in the kitchen (Christ almighty it was bad) I walked in and there was flour everywhere and I couldn't see for about an hour because of the ****ing onion fumes.

She goes "yeah it didn't come out the same was as it would at Outback" you think???

Comment

Sure, and I would think Jacques Pepin knows this too.

Have your read any of his books?
              You asked why you usually find only breast these days, I answered the question. You can believe me of not, but I worked for a very long time in restaurants, mostly at high end and fine dining. One of my close friends is the chef who owns the last restaurant I worked in and I learned a lot from him and still do. We had half duck on the menu for a while, but it wasn't a popular item and we shrunk it way to often to keep on the menu when a change was needed, we went with sauteed duck breast instead and it quickly became one of our top sellers. But WTF do I know, you found a youtube video.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                Speaking of, my dumb roommate tried to make a blooming onion in the kitchen (Christ almighty it was bad) I walked in and there was flour everywhere and I couldn't see for about an hour because of the ****ing onion fumes.

She goes "yeah it didn't come out the same was as it would at Outback" you think???
                How was she trying to make it? Fairly easy if you have a deep fryer and no onion fumes. Even sauteeing onions shouldn't produce more fumes than those cheap kitchen hoods can handle. The bigger problem is the oil, if you use the wrong kind at too high a temp it will smoke up the room like a tear gas bomb.

Comment

• That's it I'm starting my own inside info club on ducks.
                  If anyone wants info pm me.
                  I'm done spoon feeding my inside knowledge to people here.
                  "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    Who gives a **** what "experts" say? Who? Adam Schefter?

So you're saying you don't ever care who the Giants sign, resign? Yea, shut up.
                    Yea I care......and they should 100% re sign him with no exceptions. If you were Beckham, basically the best WR in the league, making $1.7mm....while D-Jax, Hurns, ****ing Tavon Austin, and Randal Cobb are all making above $10mm a year......yep, holding out.
                    ODB should be making $16-17mm a year
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Jarius Wright makes twice as much as Odell Beckham Jr, and I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THAT IS!!!!!
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                        2016, Crabtree led league with 9 drops... some WR's with 8, 7, and 6 drops. Odell was in the 6 drop category. The two (at least) he had against GB were killers.
                        Sort of like a Shockey situation? We all know his attitude. When he dropped that easy TD pass against SF in 2002 I think the peeps started to sour on him, wondering if his antics were worth it.
                        I think after the GB game there are some thinking Odell isn't worth the extra curricular BS that goes with him.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?s...=1&sortOrder=0
                        The difference (to me at least), is that as Shockey's tenure went on, he made it clear he didn't want to be here. If you think Beckham is doing anything Shockey didn't do, you're(I don't mean you specifically) sorely mistaken. You know what we didn't have in 2004? Social media. Yuuuupppp....
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

How was she trying to make it? Fairly easy if you have a deep fryer and no onion fumes. Even sauteeing onions shouldn't produce more fumes than those cheap kitchen hoods can handle. The bigger problem is the oil, if you use the wrong kind at too high a temp it will smoke up the room like a tear gas bomb.
                          She didn't have a deep fryer. She tried to use a ****ing skillet. I'm like did you really think a frying pan will DEEP FRY a bloomin onion?

Plus, It was the oil AND she had the temperature on high to make up for the lack of deep fryer. We had to leave the windows open for 2 hours. I just walked around the campus. I was heated.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            Yea I care......and they should 100% re sign him with no exceptions. If you were Beckham, basically the best WR in the league, making $1.7mm....while D-Jax, Hurns, ****ing Tavon Austin, and Randal Cobb are all making above $10mm a year......yep, holding out.
                            ODB should be making $16-17mm a year
                            It might be better for the Giants in the long run to sign him now at $16 million than the $22-24 mill if they wait until his contract expires.

Comment

It might be better for the Giants in the long run to sign him now at $16 million than the $22-24 mill if they wait until his contract expires.
                              yep....not like NFL contracts are getting any cheaper. eesh!
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

That's it I'm starting my own inside info club on ducks.
                                If anyone wants info pm me.
                                I'm done spoon feeding my inside knowledge to people here.
                                I get salty with stupid youtube cooking vids, even the idiots on Food network, most of them don't know squat and try to pawn their ignorance off to the masses and tell them its knowledge. Its like going to the furniture store and buying a new bike whose wheels were welded in place, sure it looks like a bike, but its not going to work for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X