This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    She didn't have a deep fryer. She tried to use a ****ing skillet. I'm like did you really think a frying pan will DEEP FRY a bloomin onion?

Plus, It was the oil AND she had the temperature on high to make up for the lack of deep fryer. We had to leave the windows open for 2 hours. I just walked around the campus. I was heated.
    my god

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      yep....not like NFL contracts are getting any cheaper. eesh!
      plus he is more likely to still be worth his contract at the end of it if they sign him now instead of a looming cap casualty due to contract and not contribution.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        plus he is more likely to still be worth his contract at the end of it if they sign him now instead of a looming cap casualty due to contract and not contribution.
        This. yep
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

my god
          College kids have such poor culinary skills lol. When I was growing up, I watched my parents cook almost every night. Now I can prepare most of my meals from scratch.

My junior year, my neighbor put ramen in the microwave but forgot the water lmaoooo
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

It might be better for the Giants in the long run to sign him now at $16 million than the $22-24 mill if they wait until his contract expires.
            16 mill guaranteed? Or 16 million a year? Because I HIGHLY doubt he would sign either.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              Yea I care......and they should 100% re sign him with no exceptions. If you were Beckham, basically the best WR in the league, making $1.7mm....while D-Jax, Hurns, ****ing Tavon Austin, and Randal Cobb are all making above $10mm a year......yep, holding out.
              ODB should be making $16-17mm a year
              Why spend money when you don't have to?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                16 mill guaranteed? Or 16 million a year? Because I HIGHLY doubt he would sign either.
                I couldn't say what he would sign, but it would be a whole lot more than he will make the next two seasons currently and it is a rough sport.

Comment

Why spend money when you don't have to?
                  Eventually you will have to.

Comment

• Did people really think Odell wouldn't be asking for a payday..his rookie records ALONE is worth a fat check lol

Comment

I couldn't say what he would sign, but it would be a whole lot more than he will make the next two seasons currently and it is a rough sport.
                      Why would another season increase his worth? Everyone already knows he is great.

Comment

Why would another season increase his worth? Everyone already knows he is great.
                        I'm sorry, have you been in a coma? Have you not noticed that salaries go up every season? The top Guard on the market gets a bigger contract than the top guard from the previous market. The top CB on the market gets a bigger contract than the top CB from the previous market....etc...etc...etc.... His value might not go up after another couple of seasons, but what he will get in his contract sure will. I cannot believe I have to explain this, I think my dog already grasps this concept and he doesn't even have thumbs.

I'm not sying they should or shouldn't renegociate his contract, just saying that it might turn out to be better for the Giants if they do it now than wait until he is about to be a FA. Or he might shatter every bone in both hands when Norman comes after him with a bat this season. Who knows what will happen in the future, who knows how much risk each side is willing to take. The point is that renegociating now could be advantagious to either side when the future is revealed.

Comment

• not to mention, he will be in a better position to demand more once he is a FA. If he renegociates now, the Giants hold most of the leverage. Sure the Giants want him on the field, but his ability to hold out has a limit since he still needs to accrue seasons to reach FA.

Comment

• I think the numbers I threw out on tagf are reasonable. 4 years $75million beginning after his fifth year. If you want to throw a signing bonus on there to assuage the pain of only getting $8mm in the final year, so be it

Comment

I'm sorry, have you been in a coma? Have you not noticed that salaries go up every season? The top Guard on the market gets a bigger contract than the top guard from the previous market. The top CB on the market gets a bigger contract than the top CB from the previous market....etc...etc...etc.... His value might not go up after another couple of seasons, but what he will get in his contract sure will. I cannot believe I have to explain this, I think my dog already grasps this concept and he doesn't even have thumbs.

I'm not sying they should or shouldn't renegociate his contract, just saying that it might turn out to be better for the Giants if they do it now than wait until he is about to be a FA. Or he might shatter every bone in both hands when Norman comes after him with a bat this season. Who knows what will happen in the future, who knows how much risk each side is willing to take. The point is that renegociating now could be advantagious to either side when the future is revealed.
                              So you want to pay him at least double than what you're paying now because he might be worth a million or 2 more in a year or two from now?
                              Also its not the case all the time. Sure contract prices go up every year but it also depends on the player and the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                I think the numbers I threw out on tagf are reasonable. 4 years $75million beginning after his fifth year. If you want to throw a signing bonus on there to assuage the pain of only getting $8mm in the final year, so be it
                                And thats similar to what Brown signed this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X